Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Waterproof Makeup To Cover Self-Harm

waterproof makeup self-harm water proof make up self harm selfharm

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Emi Chan

Emi Chan

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Hey~!

I've been self harming for a few years now, but I suddenly stopped. No special reason or anything, I just did [even though it's tempting at times]. My problem is that I was happy that i stopped so I could enjoy this summer [I live in New Zealand, so it's summer now] and wear skirts and dresses and shorts, and even go swimming. But I'm not allowed, my mum won't let me. Which I do understand, but she won't even let me at home, where everyone knows I cut [Thanks for telling everyone, mum].

Anyway, I was wondering if there's any special waterproof concealer or foundation that I could use this summer? Please keep in mind that I've never worn makeup before in my life [apart from eyeliner a few times] and I don't really know the difference between the two, nor if such a product exists. 

I've been wanting to buy makeup for ages, but i just never got around to it. I figure I might as well find out which type would be best before I go shopping for it.

Sorry about the novel, but I've been wondering for quite some time, now.

Thankies~!

nah

nah

nah

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,623 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band you
  • Fav Song you

Firstly, congrats for managing to stop self harming, it's a great achievement and you should feel proud of yourself. :)

I'm not really aware of any waterproof make up other than Mascara though.

Does it specifically need to be waterproof? A decent concealer with powder over that matches your skin tone would work fine, you may need to touch it up every now and then though and it won't do anything for raised scars/wounds. The main thing is getting something with very high coverage in the right tone, it'll look even more obvious if it's even slightly differently toned to your skin colour. Make up is a difficult way to go about things though, just because it'll take time to do in the mornings and it'll rub off throughout the day, it'd be easier if you could distract from the self harm areas with pretty jewellry and clothes, or cover them up with tights and lots of bracelets etc, though I know that's probably not ideal for Summer. I'm not really sure what to suggest otherwise, sorry. :(

Emi Chan

Emi Chan

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Firstly, congrats for managing to stop self harming, it's a great achievement and you should feel proud of yourself. :)

I'm not really aware of any waterproof make up other than Mascara though.

Does it specifically need to be waterproof? A decent concealer with powder over that matches your skin tone would work fine, you may need to touch it up every now and then though and it won't do anything for raised scars/wounds. The main thing is getting something with very high coverage in the right tone, it'll look even more obvious if it's even slightly differently toned to your skin colour. Make up is a difficult way to go about things though, just because it'll take time to do in the mornings and it'll rub off throughout the day, it'd be easier if you could distract from the self harm areas with pretty jewellry and clothes, or cover them up with tights and lots of bracelets etc, though I know that's probably not ideal for Summer. I'm not really sure what to suggest otherwise, sorry. :sad:

Ah, I would've preferred it to be water proof because I wanted to go swimming and it's all up my left thigh. Because of that, I also can't cover it up with jewellery ;-;

But thank you for your help~!

Insane Pie

Insane Pie

Four String Samurai

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts

What about getting some long shorts for swimming?

EspoirTheMage

EspoirTheMage

EC's Welcome Wagon

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,140 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -x-
  • Fav Song Fields of gold-Sting

maybe you can order it online? You could try it. I never have, i just remember seeing an infomercial about a really old lady using it and her legs looked like a 20 year old's lol

https: //www.smartcover.com/varicose-veins.html

I put a space in there. (i think this is allowed?)

PeppermintxKiss

PeppermintxKiss

Inspired!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,126 posts

First of all Congratulations! Well done for stopping. 

Secondly, maybe try tattoo cover up makeup, it's expensive though, so I don't know if it will be obtainable, but it does wonders, and has covered all of my old wounds up (they're just faint lines now so it's not too bad) but that's what I used for the first couple of years. But, if they're freshish... or scabbed still, it wont do much, but for those that are healed but still visible, it does work. Not sure about the water, but it might protect against it. ((I never go swimming so don't have this problem)). But goodluck anyway, and hope you find a solution :) 

Alzran

Alzran

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Congrats on stopping! Personally, I'd just rock the scars. They make great conversation starters and can offer you a chance to talk to people (that is, people who ask you about them) about your struggle and how you overcame it. Others who are struggling with what you've overcome could see your confidence and potentially be inspired to overcome self-harm themselves. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: waterproof, makeup, self-harm, water proof, make up, self harm, selfharm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users