Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Internet And Long Distance Relationships.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
233 replies to this topic

anonymous.

anonymous.

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
so i was wondering if anyone has had experiences with internet relationships in the past and how it turned out..were there problems? did it work out?

i'm in one right now and not getting to talk to her is just torture. i can't concentrate on anything else because every 5 minutes all i wanna do is sit at the computer and wait for her to go online.. and she already told me she loves me and she's done so much for me..she's shown me just how much she loves me..some of you here already know about us..

and sorry honey, i know you might read this, but sometimes i have doubts if i can ever make you happy..if the relationship could work out with the distance..

help please?

shy.little.welsh.emo

shy.little.welsh.emo

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band my chemical romance
  • Fav Song sum 41 - fat lip
QUOTE (doubleblack^^ @ Jul 9 2008, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so i was wondering if anyone has had experiences with internet relationships in the past and how it turned out..were there problems? did it work out?

i'm in one right now and not getting to talk to her is just torture. i can't concentrate on anything else because every 5 minutes all i wanna do is sit at the computer and wait for her to go online.. and she already told me she loves me and she's done so much for me..she's shown me just how much she loves me..some of you here already know about us..

and sorry honey, i know you might read this, but sometimes i have doubts if i can ever make you happy..if the relationship could work out with the distance..

help please?

i dunno..<2 full stops>

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band ---
QUOTE (doubleblack^^ @ Jul 9 2008, 06:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

help please?

In my opinion, internet relationships don't work. At all. Ever.

Sorry.

emobaby89

emobaby89

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts
Well, I am in a Online Relationship at 13, and we know we are ment for eachother. And, I am just like you, I can't go 1 day without talking to him. Online Relationships work out, but if you don't trust that person, then, they really don't work....If you don't really know if you can make her happy...you should try...Just trying should make her happy. If you love her, and trust her, and she loves you and trusts you, everything should go fine.

~I wish you the best of luck!~

ChestyJellyrock

ChestyJellyrock

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Bullet for My Valentine
QUOTE (aorkwa @ Jul 9 2008, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In my opinion, internet relationships don't work. At all. Ever.

Sorry.

yup, unless you actually see the person from time to time..it's rare for the relationship to work. It's hard to "be with" someone if you're not actually with them. I was sorta in one a while back and it was cool for a few months but then it pretty much became too complicated.

anonymous.

anonymous.

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts

well, it's been about 4 days since we last talked. maybe she's found someone else already. i'm not sure.
i just don't see a future with it either.
i guess all we can do is enjoy it while it lasts or if it does last, then that would be great.

thanks to everyone who posted. <3

blackenthecursedsun

blackenthecursedsun

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Florida
  • Fav Band between the buried and me
  • Fav Song ants of the sky - BTBAM
i met a girl on a car forum about two years back. she actually lived in jersey, and i live in florida. she flew down to see me, supposedly we fell in love, she moved in with me, we dated for almost a year, and then things went bad. really bad. i hear she lives in south florida now. haven't talked to her since...gosh, probably october 07. i wouldn't recommend an internet relationship to anyone.

Bewbies

Bewbies

<3

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts
I think it depends on a lot of things. First of all, not being able to not talk to someone for even a day doesn't really say it's going to work out. I was like that with a couple people, and neither worked out.
Anyways, I think it depends on distance and the type of people. If you live closer to eachother, you'll be able to see eachother more, obviously helping a lot. Far away is obviously much harder, especially different countries which seem to be quite popular now. o.o Obviously they will rarelysee eachother and if they really want it to work, sooner or later someone has to move.
Which brings to the type of people! If you really want it to work, you're going to eventually have to live...closer. Obviously the closer, the easier in most cases. But either way, someone has to give up living where they are, which most likely is where most of their family and friends live.

Both of those make it majorly hard for internet relationships to work unless you just want..an internet thing. o.o
Also, unless they have a webcam and such..you do not know what they look like.
And you can't be 100% at any time, if what they say is really the truth.
A good example is one of my friends from highschool couldn't really get anyone in real life because they all thought she was really creepy, and so she'd go out with people online. The things she did: 1. Had numerous guys 2. Didn't use her own picture 3. Lied about herself 4. Would pretend to be someone else with her exes and try to screw with their head.

Then I have another friend who was pretty much just dropped. She just decided to totally ignore him and block him. He even tried to get in contact by calling and texting her, but she wouldn't reply.

emo_e28

emo_e28

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
internet relationships are for losers,who have no self estem, TRUST ME I KNOW. Nail Biting.gif Nail Biting.gif

Bewbies

Bewbies

<3

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts
QUOTE (emo_e28 @ Jul 11 2008, 02:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
internet relationships are for losers,who have no self estem, TRUST ME I KNOW. Nail Biting.gif Nail Biting.gif

I don't think so. I've been in them, and truthfully I have way too much self esteem sometimes.

emo_e28

emo_e28

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
QUOTE (Fiery Rose @ Jul 10 2008, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think so. I've been in them, and truthfully I have way too much self esteem sometimes.

then i take back,what i said. good luck doode, i shouldnt give you bad karma. Cause of my bad luck. Shame On You.gif

Bewbies

Bewbies

<3

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts
Lol, well sometimes that is the case in the self esteem thing. Like my highschool friend was like that.
I'd not say loser though because I call people's loser out of love.

xxXmutiliated-soulXxx

xxXmutiliated-soulXxx

Delicate Snowflake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Simple Plan <3
QUOTE (doubleblack^^ @ Jul 8 2008, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

im-all-alone

im-all-alone

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
ive been in an internet relationship before, and it would have been perfect apart from the fact that i fucked it up and didnt take it seriously and thought it was jus for a laugh

but they work for every1 that isnt as stupid as me lol

1ab

1ab

is sorry i want all "emo"

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts
yes. i have been in a internet relationship. and it is hell i think we had been talking for about 2 months and get on great so i i thought maybe i ask her out and t my suprise she said yes. It is all good at the beginign like in ever new relationsip but u soon relise it is so hard we broke up 3 months later which was last week and it hurt just as bad as any other relationship

=[

xKellyx

xKellyx

Delicate Snowflake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Panic! at the Disco

help please?

i had one a couple months ago, and it worked out fine for a bit, but then it just sorta fell apart......so yeah they don't really work out that well.

x.X.Inner.Reflection.X.x.

x.X.Inner.Reflection.X.x.

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts
I'm in one atm... I added a girl from yahoo answers and I kind've started talking to her about stuff. It kinda became obvious she had a crush on me for a while... and I just played dumb until she blatently said it... I kind've had a bit of feelings for her too which I was repressing (did it once before like 4 years ago). I then ended up just letting go and sharing everything and not holding back. So I Guess I'm in one atm. She's a bit obsessive... and I don't really find that to be a bad thing... so at the very least its nice to have someone you can talk to about anything and who makes you feel better about yourself. I'm just really happy I have someone to talk to who understands (she's kind've depressed atm too) and who won't just answer with generic answers or blatently say they don't care or cant' help. I know it'll never work out... but I guess I'll just try hard not to think about that, it's nice for the time being anyway sad.gif .

I still can't believe I got into this even though I thought... this is a realyl bad idea and no way am I making the same mistake twice. Still... this time its much different I guess and its actually useful for something too.

[edit] yeh I guess the sadness of being with her is far outbalanced by having someone to talk to and knowing someone likes me on personality alone (she did comment that I was really attractive after I sent some pics too... and I know I can trust her and know what she means so its good for that too). Overall its a positive

again sorry about not being coherent and not making much sense

mthrfckr.

mthrfckr.

Conflicting Thoughts

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,838 posts

help please?

The two people in the relationship have to really be 100% dedicated to each other if its going to actually go anywhere in terms of real life
If you aren't then there's really no point in keeping the relationship going

Talking over the phone, computer, whatever constantly to keep up contact
Making sure that you are always explaining yourself in how you are feeling or why you feel that way could help as well (because sometimes people can get confused if you say something and it could be just a little misleading and make them think something completely opposite as to what you actually meant)

--

As for my experience?
Relationship ended
the girl absolutely hates me now and wants nothing to do with me
I can't say that I am really that keen about her at the moment either

If something isn't meant to be then it won't happen
mine wasn't meant to be so it didn't happen
but just because my relationship ended doesn't mean that yours will smile.gif so .. good luck to you two smile.gif

3m0_h3aRtBr0k3n_@nGeL

3m0_h3aRtBr0k3n_@nGeL

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band avril lavinge
  • Fav Song so sick by fly leaf
im in one...i live in pampanga and he lives in davao...i know the agony....just getting to talk tohim over the net and not getting to hug or kiss him is pure torture...but i love him...whenever i doubt...i just close my eyes and tell myself everythin is ok bec i love him...dnt worry abt ure girl...if she loves you then she does...and just giving her love would already mean everything to a girl... Batting Eyelashes.gif

twilight_realm_dweller

twilight_realm_dweller

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Country
  • US State:California
  • Fav Band Aiden
just like aneraxium said both of u have 2 b comitted 2 each other 4 it 2 work. i'm currently in my first long distance relation ship with a gurl i met here on EC so i know wut it's like 2 b with someone without physically being with them. me and my gf do a lot of little things 2 make it work like cracc a lot of jokes, help each other feel better when one of us is down, talk about our feelings towards each other. it also helps that ima b 18 next month and ima buy a car and drive 2 where she lives. we were also friends 4 a few months b4 getting 2gether so i know wut her personalty is like and she knows mine. i guess my advice is hope 4 the best but expect the worst.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users