Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Internet And Long Distance Relationships.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
233 replies to this topic

emo_kidd2009

emo_kidd2009

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Uhm, to be honest I think there is hope in a long distant relationship.. I mean not all relationships are the same, but from my recent relationship (it was long distance) we talked on the phone everynight and we sent each other pictures, we had a lot of communication but there's going to be ups and downs. You feel helpless when you can't be the one helping them out, like hugging, caressing them, kissing them, and well that really hurts. Well here's an example of how me and my boyfriend broke up a few days ago. I hope you understand and learn from my situation.

To: ☠.xx..EMO_KIDD..xx.☠
Date: Jun 17, 2009 9:05 PM
Subject: RE:

okay well to be honest the past few days ive felt the same...
now i understand why long distance relationships dont work out so often....after a while its like its all an illusion. we've never realy met in our life. so far, the only contact we've ever had is to talk on the phone and see a couple of pictures of each other. lately this relationship hasnt been healthy
....Im sorry but I truly think it will be better if we end it right here. only because its long distance. trust me. if we lived even in the same state....id stay with you. your amazing baby and you honestly need someone who will be there when you realy need them....when your sad or down,it hurts me when i cant be there to whipe your tears away. or kiss your lips.
baby I will always love you and still do. but long distance is just too hard......I'm so sorry love...please forgive me =,(
this is realy hurting and.....ugh im sorry

QUOTE (doubleblack^^ @ Jul 8 2008, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so i was wondering if anyone has had experiences with internet relationships in the past and how it turned out..were there problems? did it work out?

i'm in one right now and not getting to talk to her is just torture. i can't concentrate on anything else because every 5 minutes all i wanna do is sit at the computer and wait for her to go online.. and she already told me she loves me and she's done so much for me..she's shown me just how much she loves me..some of you here already know about us..

and sorry honey, i know you might read this, but sometimes i have doubts if i can ever make you happy..if the relationship could work out with the distance..

help please?

Something Original

Something Original

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -
  • Fav Song -
Yer,, long distance relationships dont work,, trust me

Ive tried :l

rainyyy

rainyyy

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band idontdofavorites
i had been on one...lol didnt last for a week then we got back after a day and then i broke up with him again.... i dont think it last for uhhh someone like me....but if you tried harder and if it is meant to be...it'll work somehow...smile.gif

XxDestinyVampirexX

XxDestinyVampirexX

Delicate Snowflake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
i on a inernet relacion ship too im 13, he hasnt been on for two weaks i dont know if he realy does love me though he tells me he does. he gets angry realy quick and takes it out on me wich i dont think is verry fair ive been trying so hard to see if he has another girl wich i think he possibly has.... i have cut my self a cupple of times over him wich caused lots of problems between me and my family.... his best friend is realy meen to me i dont know why he acks like a jurk when there together..... i realy need help with this....... bye...... =[

i think u need to talk to her about how u feel and stuff maybe she will understand. good luck xxxxx

DarkPrincessOfTheNight

DarkPrincessOfTheNight

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

In my opinion i think they can work. I have a friend whos been with her boyfriend for 2 years now and its long distance but she sees him. I don't think it can ever work if you never see the person, you have to see them from time to time. I recently tried a internet relationship and we basically planned our lives out together and he recently told me he don't think it can work because of the distance and because he can't wait till were like 19 to be with each other. I suggest to you that you ask her if she thinks it can work and how far away does she live? Because i suggest if its not that far you should meet and decide from there.

I hope i've helped in some way.

MadSpoT

MadSpoT

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Don't wanna this
QUOTE (FTSKlover @ Jun 28 2009, 01:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In my opinion i think they can work. I have a friend whos been with her boyfriend for 2 years now and its long distance but she sees him. I don't think it can ever work if you never see the person, you have to see them from time to time. I recently tried a internet relationship and we basically planned our lives out together and he recently told me he don't think it can work because of the distance and because he can't wait till were like 19 to be with each other. I suggest to you that you ask her if she thinks it can work and how far away does she live? Because i suggest if its not that far you should meet and decide from there.

I hope i've helped in some way.

Agreed. Been there, done that. smile.gif

CherryCoke

CherryCoke

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Hinder
  • Fav Song Nickasaur-Xoxo
yeah I had an internet relationship...to make it short,it didn't work out xD

no one special

no one special

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Arkansas
  • Fav Band Dir En Grey
Start off as friends, build it up gradually.

It works wonders.

Carpe diem

Carpe diem

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
true dat XD... i have a girl in texas and im in CT... but we txt and talk litterally all day like right now as im typing this i just finished txting her lol smile.gif <3333333333

Too Young

Too Young

Gypsy on fire.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,029 posts
Um. I was in one for 4 months. It was one of the worst mistakes of my life. He lied to me constantly. Pretty much, everything I knew about him, he'd made up. I also found out that there were a few other girls that he was in a 'relationship' with at the same time he was 'with' me. It made me an emotional wreck and I still don't think I'm over it.
Of course, things like this are different for everyone and I don't want to dispirit you. That was just my personal experience. I wish you the best of luck. But I think that local relationships are soo much better.

no one special

no one special

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Arkansas
  • Fav Band Dir En Grey
QUOTE (XxBrokenButterflyWingsxX @ Jul 3 2009, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Um. I was in one for 4 months. It was one of the worst mistakes of my life. He lied to me constantly. Pretty much, everything I knew about him, he'd made up. I also found out that there were a few other girls that he was in a 'relationship' with at the same time he was 'with' me. It made me an emotional wreck and I still don't think I'm over it.
Of course, things like this are different for everyone and I don't want to dispirit you. That was just my personal experience. I wish you the best of luck. But I think that local relationships are soo much better.

I've gone through that.. only thing different was he moved in with me, only to be an abusive bastard & psychotic.

xxEmoxGirxx

xxEmoxGirxx

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
:'( Well, by the end of this month, I will be leaving my boy in Oregon, and moving to Illinois....so we'll be going into a long distance relationship...which apparently would suck. I was wondering if anyone was ever in a long distance relationship and made it work for a while...

I Walk In Shadows Alone

I Walk In Shadows Alone

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
QUOTE (doubleblack^^ @ Jul 9 2008, 08:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so i was wondering if anyone has had experiences with internet relationships in the past and how it turned out..were there problems? did it work out?

i'm in one right now and not getting to talk to her is just torture. i can't concentrate on anything else because every 5 minutes all i wanna do is sit at the computer and wait for her to go online.. and she already told me she loves me and she's done so much for me..she's shown me just how much she loves me..some of you here already know about us..

and sorry honey, i know you might read this, but sometimes i have doubts if i can ever make you happy..if the relationship could work out with the distance..

help please?

Dude i know what you're feeling.I'm in one right now too and we live in completely dfferent parts of the world.
She lives in New Jersey and i live in Põltsamaa,Estonia.We are like 8000 miles away from eachother and its hard to take.
Dont forget the other things you must do and i know its hard to take when you cant talk to her but if youre using msn or IM or something like that you should just send an offline message saying you are away and wil be back at that time so she can wait for you.

x.Goddes.Of.Sorrow.x

x.Goddes.Of.Sorrow.x

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
QUOTE (doubleblack^^ @ Jul 8 2008, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

help please?

well, I'm in that kind of relationship too, and its working out pretty well, except for when my boyfriend isn't on, he has an overprotective mother and she canceled the internet, but he still gets on here and there, so in my opinion, they do work out, because the way i see it, love isn't about age, appearance, or anything like that, if you feel that you would give your life for her, then you truly love her, so don't break her heart :l I hope this helped. :]

Martin's In The Dark

Martin's In The Dark

Delicate Snowflake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
im currently in one myself i know how it feels. all i do is trust her when she says she is happy with me like this. but there always is that doubt hanging over you.

Occasional_Desire

Occasional_Desire

WE WILL RISE!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,820 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Hurt
  • Fav Song Rapture
QUOTE (Martin's In The Dark @ Jul 20 2009, 02:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im currently in one myself i know how it feels. all i do is trust her when she says she is happy with me like this. but there always is that doubt hanging over you.

Clearly a reason to bother.

-Gabriel

-Gabriel

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
well most young people at 13 only seek for attention and sometimes they're on the computer alot , sooo they tend to forget to look around irl , yea i know what you mean ive been in one too , at 13 and yea they pretty much suck no physical contact , at all sucks its like gooing each day in a front of your favorite store and look at those awesome guitars and wonder if ul ever get em some day , so i stick with what i got around me , wich is nothing for now so beeing patient is the key fuck wasting months "loving" on the computer , and internet relation ships make you weak , i dont know if anyone understand this anyhow , and btw no offence intended to anyone just my opinion since the thread is about it so ..

XnocakefortheinpureX n=m lol

..rrRawRrr..rrRetarDdd..

..rrRawRrr..rrRetarDdd..

Retard. =]

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts
They can work if you truly like the person but it hurts when they dump you and it is really annoy cos you can't punch them when they lie to you.

ApostleTheCat

ApostleTheCat

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
long distant relationships work for me...i have the money to travel if the girl invites me over.....but i have a plane phobia so it has to be a really special girl to get me to visit her.....i fully support long range LOVE

trustme

trustme

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Long distance relationships...haha. I've been in several, and not because I'm particularly socially awkward, or because I have a horribly deformed face that scares people away. Its simply because my lifestyle doesn't give met he opportunity to meet girls who interest me.

I think they work, really, if both people are willing to put their all into it, a LDR can be a great thing, and the wait until you finally meet will make the moment even more amazing.

Even though I've had horrible experiences, I believe that I'll probably meet the right girl online. We'll see what happens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users