Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Do you cut your wrists?? Talk!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1202 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you feel after you cut yourself? (797 member(s) have cast votes)

1. Calmed (666 votes [83.56%])

Percentage of vote: 83.56%

2. Aggravated (131 votes [16.44%])

Percentage of vote: 16.44%

Vote

Resonance.

Resonance.

Too cold to shiver.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,495 posts
QUOTE (WingedxxRose @ Jul 10 2009, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SHUT THE FUCK UP! YOU DON'T KNOW THE SHIT I'VE BEEN THROUGH! WHY DO YOU EVEN COMMENT! THIS IS TO HELP PEOPLE WHO CUT THEMSELVES, NOT TO FLAME THEM! THAT'S WHY I JOINED EC, TO GET AWAY FROM THE SHIT AND AGGRAVATION THAT PEOPLE CAUSE ME, AND TALK TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN THROUGH THIS CRAP! YOUR OBVIOUSLY NOT ONE OF THEM, SO SHUT UP, AND GET YOUR ASS OFF THE FORUM!

Hun, calm down.

Most people on here have been through some amount of shit at some point in their lives. We may not know exactly what you've been through, and we're not disrespecting you for that, but on this forum, reactions like that are post arson.

You don't know what shit Forrest's been through himself. Leave it.

QUOTE (WingedxxRose @ Jul 10 2009, 11:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's just it, you know, i want to know there's more pain than i'm feeling, i want to know i'm not numb... I guess it's okay if you don't understand...

If that was to me, then I'll assure you that I do understand. It's really not a nice feeling [or lack of one I suppose].
However, it's not going to get sorted out by self harming or by a forum. You need to seek proper help, or at least a better coping method.

SaKreD

SaKreD

If you're going through hell. Keep walking.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
QUOTE (WingedxxRose @ Jul 11 2009, 12:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SHUT THE FUCK UP! YOU DONT KNOW THE SHIT IVE BEEN THROUGH! WHY DO YOU EVEN COMMENT! THIS IS TO HELP PEOPLE WHO CUT THEMSELVES, NOT TO FLAME THEM! THATS WHY I JOINED EC, TO GET AWAY FROM THE SHIT AND AGGRIVATION THAT PEOPLE CAUSE ME, AND TALK TO PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN THROUGH THIS CRAP! YOUR OBVIOUSLY NOT ONE OF THEM, SO SHUT UP, AND GET YOUR ASS OFF THE FORUM!

aaah thanks for that one mate, effin sick of these mothers who think they kno wat its like they can FRO for all i care. same reason i joined the forums too, only people i can relate to as well. (Y)

x.x-sarah

x.x-sarah

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Paramore&Pretty Reckless
  • Fav Song Any Paramore Song
**huggs** WingedxxRose, some people just don't understand. It's hard when you've never been in the positin yourself. xoxo

PeppermintxKiss

PeppermintxKiss

Inspired!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,126 posts
i used to cut and stuff like that until i ended up in hospital for 6 monthss then i was like shit wtf am i doing here i mean i still cut but not as bad as i used too everypart of my arm and legs were cut up so badly but most have healed but i still have a few scars from it but some advice here if you can help it dont cut it just makes everything worse so yyeah it might make things better for a bit but in the long run it only makes things worse xx

some things are hard to understand why people do these things i mean i have reasons but im not going to write unless asked but anyway people who go through so much stuff everyday its impossible to keep it under controll no matter how hard you try but cutting aint the best way and some people think they know how it feels but they dont unless they have been through it themselvesxx

thing is i dont care what happens to me aslong as everyone else is ok call me stupid and crazy but its who i am and i cant change no matter how hard i try. so if you ever need to talk just pm me and ill be there for you even if i dont know you because i know how you feel and sometimes talking to someone thats not close to you can help you get through it dont worry i wont tell anyone im not that sort of person and i will listen to you no matter how upset or angry you are i will listen to you fully and i wont treat you any diffrently and i defenatly wont judge you by anything except your personality because i hate making people feel bad about themselves so i always have something nice to say

sorry if i went on a bit too much im going now
bye bye xxx
Nat xxx

Resonance.

Resonance.

Too cold to shiver.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,495 posts
QUOTE (x.x-sarah @ Jul 12 2009, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
**huggs** WingedxxRose, some people just don't understand. It's hard when you've never been in the positin yourself. xoxo

Although you don't know what 'some people' have been through themselves in their lives, so it's hard to make judgments as well.

QUOTE (notquitehappy @ Jul 13 2009, 02:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i Have tried all of this and trust me cutting was the furthest thing from anyother solution on my mind i have even taken meds precribed by doctors to help me and nothing works at all soo if you have anyother ideas that could help please let me know

Perhaps you should try a different kind of therapy or meds. Sometimes you need to take time out from yourself, as strange as that sounds. I know you could say that distractions are only temporary, but then again, so are the endorphins released from harming yourself- it's all in your head. If there are particular issues bugging you, try to work them out, asking for help if need be. If it's generalized, take a breather. Go for a walk, and try to forget about everything. It's hard right now, but maybe someday it'll be brighter.

Pm me if you need to talk about anything.

SaKreD

SaKreD

If you're going through hell. Keep walking.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
If you're cutting ur best option is probably to see a councilor or such alike cuase theres definatly a problemo, theyll rpobly prescribe some BS meds but i suppose its for the best even if it is fake emotion.

I Walk In Shadows Alone

I Walk In Shadows Alone

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
no but when my parents get on my rve alot i punch the wall.atleast it makes me bleed =)

Resonance.

Resonance.

Too cold to shiver.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,495 posts
^
It shouldn't have to make you bleed, dude. Perhaps instead of the wall, trying punching a pillow/ your bed, or invest in an actual punchbag? That way, you're not damaging yourself.

xana

xana

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
i did about two months ago 96 times on my legs . but i never should of done it looking back i feel like a retard for doing it. and the scars are worse if u havent done it ur best option is to stay away!

emo spongebob

emo spongebob

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
QUOTE (Defi4nt @ Jul 14 2009, 06:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you're cutting ur best option is probably to see a councilor or such alike cuase theres definatly a problemo, theyll rpobly prescribe some BS meds but i suppose its for the best even if it is fake emotion.

i see the adventure development team every wednesday, the dunstan mental health institute, and the school councelor. they dont do jack

quiet_moans

quiet_moans

Delicate Snowflake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I am an actually depressed child and I can tell you it's mostly not from moments in your life it's from a chemical imbalance in the brain... I know you guys probably think that to be an emo is cool and to fit in with other emos you have to cut... This is not an insult but honestly you people need to stop whining over the littlest of things ok... People who do cut themselves need to seek help like I did... I lost a great friend to cutting, and I'd hate to see more suicidal people who think they need to cut themselves to feel better, see a counseller and get better for your sake and the people around you. I am an ex-cutter and I am glad I stopped, it's a great feeling when you stop you feel happier the cutting is making you more depressed, I should know...

Creatively Failing

Creatively Failing

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I tried to kill myself 3 years ago mellow.gif and I meesed up ofcourse.... anyway I try to see things like if I have to be treated like what's been happening to me then that means I'm taking the place of someone who would've have suffered it it wasn't for me...

I punch the wall instead of slitting my wrists cause it's kind of fun and the pain just clouds over my anger (sigh)
I'm going into the shittiest school on the island where there's almost noeone like me and I know I'll get jumped for no reason walking the hallways alone.... Stupid little immature gangs.... there's gang riots there for no reason just so they could have a better reputation so they can act even more arrogant walking everywhere pushing people around...

Resonance.

Resonance.

Too cold to shiver.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,495 posts
QUOTE (Creatively Failing @ Jul 17 2009, 07:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I tried to kill myself 3 years ago mellow.gif and I meesed up ofcourse.... anyway I try to see things like if I have to be treated like what's been happening to me then that means I'm taking the place of someone who would've have suffered it it wasn't for me...

I punch the wall instead of slitting my wrists cause it's kind of fun and the pain just clouds over my anger (sigh)
I'm going into the shittiest school on the island where there's almost noeone like me and I know I'll get jumped for no reason walking the hallways alone.... Stupid little immature gangs.... there's gang riots there for no reason just so they could have a better reputation so they can act even more arrogant walking everywhere pushing people around...

If you find it 'fun', perhaps you should invest in a punchbag or taking up martial arts? You don't need to injure yourself.
For the school thing, talk to someone about it. Parents, member of staff, trusted adult. If things get extreme, maybe you should try to move schools. You can't stop the gangs yourself, although perhaps you could discourage them.

callazie

callazie

Delicate Snowflake

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I cut on my wrists.
Everywhere else feels like i either can't go deep enough to feel right
or i don't have control and i might damage too much.

But is it just me, or is that what it felt like the first time anywhere you tried it?
I don't really remember the first, umm about ten times
mostly because they were so shallow and pathetic.

I just stopped right then, they weren't worth the shit i could get in.

Then for some reason i picked up a blade again
and they got deep enough to be worth it.

I hid them with bracelets and shit.
Alot of my friends that didn't cut wore bracelets though
and i had a track record painting my arms with bright neon plastic
so nobody guessed.

But then i got comfortable with it, and started telling people.
Not alot at first, but they started adding up,
and i started getting pissed.

And they started leaving scars.

I tried to write about it here.
Get some anger and unheard opinion out, you know?
And then my mom read it, and
*poof!!*
Now im in counciling.

She doesn't say it
but i think she wants me to regret this
and ''get better'' (she says that part, believe you me).

But i don't wanna hate who i used to be.

And i have enough self respect for that, but strangely not enough to not hurt myself
And it drives her crazy.

She won't leave me alone for shit.
What i hate the most about her knowing is that i can't shut my door.. ever.

And she threw away all of my fucking bracelets.
Oh, god, i wanted to kill her fo a week.
I'm still mad at her for it..

She shouldn't have the right to change me.

I want to change.
But i'll change when im ready.

I don't wawnt to be what she wants and hate myself.

The Shining

The Shining

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
Seriously, the mods here as well as No Quarter and Beth are real troopers here. You should thank them for giving you advice.

Dr. Slade

Dr. Slade

Time Lord.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts
agreed, and i wouldn't brag about cutting since its quite a serious problem. honestly, you should learn that it leads down a path of self destruction. and you have to break the chain..

von_tersch

von_tersch

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
oficially stopped like 6 months ago. .
Some people cant get a better release of feelings than that. unfortunately.
Razor "slashing" was my demise.
i currently have no friends and my family doesnt really talk to me anymore. and im 21.
:/
bUt Hey! i hAve a smIle on me face biggrin.gif

Attached Files

xxxphycho jocelynxxx

xxxphycho jocelynxxx

Delicate Snowflake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Metallica
Im trying not to cut but i feel so numb all the time. I'd rather feel the pain. My best boyfriend wants me to stop, he thinks i do it because of him, but that's not the case. It really makes him angry but when I'm so sad or mad ill bring out my razors and just cut and watch the blood drip off the cut onto my bed. I'm really trying to stop but i cant reach out to anyone.

Edited by brunettesrule1000, 18 July 2009 - 04:24 AM.
Spelling. Please try make an effort to make your posts legible.

Jordanzzz

Jordanzzz

For the Emperor!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
QUOTE (Xenomorph @ Oct 16 2007, 01:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Stress and depression can be expressed in better and less destructive ways. Try punching your pillow or listening to music(uplifting)

It doesn't just hurt you, but those around you.

Exactly. I did it for awhile until I seen how much pain it caused my family and friends. It wasn't worth it so I stopped. People who cut do it for various reasons but almost always it's bc they just don't know how to handle something in a better way. That is why I did it. I blamed myself for everything and making pain unto myself seemed like the best idea. Most times we don't realize what it does to those who loves us. It's been a year since then and I can say that my life is better without the cuts.

Resonance.

Resonance.

Too cold to shiver.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,495 posts
QUOTE (Ishamael @ Jul 17 2009, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seriously, the mods here as well as No Quarter and Beth are real troopers here. You should thank them for giving you advice.

Thanks Ishy. :]

QUOTE (Slade Himself @ Jul 17 2009, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
agreed, and i wouldn't brag about cutting since its quite a serious problem. honestly, you should learn that it leads down a path of self destruction. and you have to break the chain..

Agreed with this. That's why those who self harm as part of some trend tend to get a bit of fire from me.

QUOTE (von_tersch @ Jul 17 2009, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oficially stopped like 6 months ago. .
Some people cant get a better release of feelings than that. unfortunately.
Razor "slashing" was my demise.
i currently have no friends and my family doesnt really talk to me anymore. and im 21.
:/
bUt Hey! i hAve a smIle on me face biggrin.gif

Well done for stopping. smile.gif Keep smiling, dude.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users