Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Do you cut your wrists?? Talk!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1202 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you feel after you cut yourself? (797 member(s) have cast votes)

1. Calmed (666 votes [83.56%])

Percentage of vote: 83.56%

2. Aggravated (131 votes [16.44%])

Percentage of vote: 16.44%

Vote

xNightFaeriex

xNightFaeriex

Racing Thoughts

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
I think it's great how many people here have stopped and the advice people are giving.

Yeah, random

♥NeonSparks♥

♥NeonSparks♥

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Country
  • US State:California
  • Fav Band Demi Lovato
  • Fav Song Hero: Superchic[k]
yes. yeah i do cut. not very deep, but yes i do. i love pain, its just the sorta thing thats like really addicting to me. like gum biggrin.gif it relievez the pain and stress in my life so i do it every day. if u saw my arm its completely covered in cuts...

Waylander

Waylander

The Golden Boy.

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band ---
  • Fav Song ---
Anyone who cuts is dumb.

Edited by brunettesrule1000, 20 July 2009 - 01:07 AM.
Unhelpful destructive post - edited.

Resonance.

Resonance.

Too cold to shiver.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,495 posts
QUOTE (SexyEmoCupcake @ Jul 20 2009, 02:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes. yeah i do cut. not very deep, but yes i do. i love pain, its just the sorta thing thats like really addicting to me. like gum biggrin.gif it relievez the pain and stress in my life so i do it every day. if u saw my arm its completely covered in cuts...

Be careful with it, especially making sure that your cuts don't get infected. If you've got a thing for pain, perhaps do it in a less destructive way, such as snapping a rubber band against your wrist/ arm or using an ice cube instead. Physical sport such as martial arts might be a good idea for you as well. There are other ways to relieve pain and stress without damaging yourself.

mouko

mouko

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Illinois
  • Fav Band g
  • Fav Song h
QUOTE (JordanRS @ Jul 18 2009, 02:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Exactly. I did it for awhile until I seen how much pain it caused my family and friends. It wasn't worth it so I stopped. People who cut do it for various reasons but almost always it's bc they just don't know how to handle something in a better way. That is why I did it. I blamed myself for everything and making pain unto myself seemed like the best idea. Most times we don't realize what it does to those who loves us. It's been a year since then and I can say that my life is better without the cuts.

Right on. Save one minor incident I haven't cut for roughly four months, and though the thought flickers through my mind on occasion, I now have the ability to push it away. It's not that I didn't realize that it was stupid and fleeting before, but I've sought outlets that are productive and now turn to those when I feel like shit.

♥Lexxtasy Fix!♥

♥Lexxtasy Fix!♥

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
I used to cut my wrists and shoulders. My school had to call my parents. The principal searched my bag. Read all my poetry and my diary. So my parents took me to the doctor. It's bad enough I talk to hardly anyone, and then they expected me to talk to her? So I did. For a bit anyways. There is no cure for depression though and even though I told her everything, I was still stuck in my dark place. Progress much? I was free after two months. But I still cut my legs where no one sees. I can't find my way out even if it does hurt my family alot. I'm selfish and whatever but it's the only way.

Resonance.

Resonance.

Too cold to shiver.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,495 posts
^
It isn't the only way. There are other coping methods.
To make any kind of progress, you've got to try.

If you're still in therapy, stick at it, or perhaps find another therapist/ kind of therapy. If not, perhaps you should consider it.
Instead of cutting, keep yourself busy. If you need the pain, you could start martial arts or as mentioned in an earlier post, use an ice cube or elastic band. Listening or making music can help, or taking up sport if you're into that kinda thing.

Don't be afraid to talk it over with someone. You can't carry it all by yourself.

The reason that it's hurting your family should encourage you to try to stop, as well as the fact it's damaging yourself and your life.

♥Lexxtasy Fix!♥

♥Lexxtasy Fix!♥

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
Thanks Beth <33

Resonance.

Resonance.

Too cold to shiver.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,495 posts
No problem. smile.gif

Good luck, when you try to stop. I'm around if you need to talk.

pain in my soul

pain in my soul

Delicate Snowflake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
help i am dronwning in a sea of hat

sometimes i feel so alone except for when i look on my fave sites or listen to mcr i get down and i get a knife and cut myself i do it in school a lot because i know everry1 h8s me i dont know wat 2 do so i just bring in my knife and do it my mom says i should stop and she gets really angry and stressed + i know she hates me and my father ran away from home when i was just a boy because he h8d me can some1 plz give me some advice to sort my life out because i am too young i think to handle with these issues by myself on my own and i go to school just where i kno evry1 will talk about me behind my back because i look different

whym cant they just accpet me for who i am?

♥Lexxtasy Fix!♥

♥Lexxtasy Fix!♥

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
QUOTE (Beth. @ Jul 21 2009, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No problem. smile.gif

Good luck, when you try to stop. I'm around if you need to talk.

thanks hun your the best <3333

♥Lexxtasy Fix!♥

♥Lexxtasy Fix!♥

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
QUOTE (pain in my soul @ Jul 21 2009, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sometimes i feel so alone except for when i look on my fave sites or listen to mcr i get down and i get a knife and cut myself i do it in school a lot because i know everry1 h8s me i dont know wat 2 do so i just bring in my knife and do it my mom says i should stop and she gets really angry and stressed + i know she hates me and my father ran away from home when i was just a boy because he h8d me can some1 plz give me some advice to sort my life out because i am too young i think to handle with these issues by myself on my own and i go to school just where i kno evry1 will talk about me behind my back because i look different

When someone says that everyone hates them, its never really true. Some people may dislike you, but who are they to mess up your life? How much good do they do if they're the losers who go around judging and shit when they don't even know you. Everyone goes through that. And you don't have to change for other people. Did they change for you? Would they change for you? Then don't change fer them. I may cut myself and be in and out of depression, but I'm a great listener. I'm always here if you need to talk.

pain in my soul

pain in my soul

Delicate Snowflake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
QUOTE (♥Group Whore♥ @ Jul 21 2009, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When someone says that everyone hates them, its never really true. Some people may dislike you, but who are they to mess up your life? How much good do they do if they're the losers who go around judging and shit when they don't even know you. Everyone goes through that. And you don't have to change for other people. Did they change for you? Would they change for you? Then don't change fer them. I may cut myself and be in and out of depression, but I'm a great listener. I'm always here if you need to talk.

wat if evry1 tells u they hate u and sometimes beating you up?
whym is the world so unfair towards me only?

eXtevo

eXtevo

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
i cut. i use a razorblade cut there easy 2 hide. my true love killed herself when she found out and it's only gotten worse since. i'm thinking of killing myself 2 be with her.

eXtevo

eXtevo

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
QUOTE (Beth. @ Jul 21 2009, 07:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^
It isn't the only way. There are other coping methods.
To make any kind of progress, you've got to try.

If you're still in therapy, stick at it, or perhaps find another therapist/ kind of therapy. If not, perhaps you should consider it.
Instead of cutting, keep yourself busy. If you need the pain, you could start martial arts or as mentioned in an earlier post, use an ice cube or elastic band. Listening or making music can help, or taking up sport if you're into that kinda thing.

Don't be afraid to talk it over with someone. You can't carry it all by yourself.

The reason that it's hurting your family should encourage you to try to stop, as well as the fact it's damaging yourself and your life.

i did the rubber band thing after a while it stoped working and i just kept on snapping the rubber band on my wrist until i start 2 bleed.

Resonance.

Resonance.

Too cold to shiver.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,495 posts
QUOTE (pain in my soul @ Jul 21 2009, 11:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's okay to be different. Just be yourself- avoid stereotypes if you can.
Don't do it at school, it'll bring you to further ridicule. If you're getting bullied, you need to talk to someone about this.

Your mom is getting angry and stressed not because she hates you, but for the opposite- she cares about you, and is worried about you. She might not show it, but she loves you. Your father may have had other reasons for running away- try not to let it consume you.

The world isn't being unfair to you only, I think that's taking it a bit over the top. Think of the kids out there who are starving, people with cancer and the countries that are war stricken.

If you want to sort your life out, you've got to try. Talk to someone you trust about these issues- if you can't think of anyone, perhaps see a doctor or check out some of the hotlines and help sites in the Useful Links sticky.

QUOTE (eXtevo @ Jul 22 2009, 07:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i cut. i use a razorblade cut there easy 2 hide. my true love killed herself when she found out and it's only gotten worse since. i'm thinking of killing myself 2 be with her.

If the person you loved committed suicide because of your self harm, surely that should be a reason to stop? She wouldn't want you to continue cutting, or killing yourself. She'd want you to survive, and to be strong about this.

Do it for her, dude. It's not going to be easy, but you'll feel a lot better once you do, trust me.

QUOTE (eXtevo @ Jul 22 2009, 07:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i did the rubber band thing after a while it stoped working and i just kept on snapping the rubber band on my wrist until i start 2 bleed.

Be careful with it. If it's not working, try ice cubes- hold them in your hands until it starts hurting, or squeeze them if that doesn't work. You could also try taking hot/ cold showers, exercise or music.

I'm not sure if it'll help you at all, but there's something called the butterfly project.
Draw a shape on wherever you would normally self harm with a marker. Inside the shape, write the name[s] of the people who you love and care about. It kinda reminds you that if you cut, you're hurting those people, and gives you more reason not to.

There are other methods of finding relief without harming yourself.

♥Lexxtasy Fix!♥

♥Lexxtasy Fix!♥

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
QUOTE (pain in my soul @ Jul 21 2009, 06:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wat if evry1 tells u they hate u and sometimes beating you up?
whym is the world so unfair towards me only?

Its still not everyone. I don't hate you. See? If someone is beating you up then let someone know. Trust me dear, the world is unfair to us all. Not only to you, even if it may feel that way. We all have to go through different problems that you couldn't even imagine. Life isn't fair, you just have to play the hand you're dealt. It'll all be worth it in the end if you just try hard and never... ever give up.

Hunter

Hunter

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
i use to cut alot because i felt like i deserved to suffer pain - i really loathed myself
i havent cut for a month or so coz i started using medication for my all my stupid problems, but the thought still flashes through my mind. like sometimes i remember how completely at peace i felt when i cut.
but yeh, when i was feeling like shit it was the only thing that could actually calm me down. when i cut everything else would just fade away.
but the thing that kind of gets to me though is that i will have these scars for the rest of my life and whenever i see them i will remember how utterly hopeless i was (and still kind of am) and it makes me sad to think that i could possibly even reach such a low point.
hm just thought id put in my 2 cents.

Resonance.

Resonance.

Too cold to shiver.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,495 posts
^
Well done for stopping- it's still an achievement, even if you're on meds. :]

For the scars, I'm not sure if it's available in your country but there's a thing called Bio-Oil which fades scars. There'll probably be some kind of equivalent in pharmacies where you live.

MeowMeowKittyKat

MeowMeowKittyKat

DynastyOfOurMisfourtune

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
I used to cut but I found kinda like a cure always have a rubber band around your wrist, even a slight thought of cutting comes to your mind snap it... Of course I started to stop by consulng...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users