Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Letter To Parents

* * * - - 2 votes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

Objet_Trouve

Objet_Trouve

Queen of all Cosmos

• Legacy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts
Admin- Bookmark?

Good evening and welcome! The fact that you are here, trying to know what your children are viewing, the very fact that you care for them, is overwhelmingly encouraging. In this letter I wish to address your concerns about this new forum on Emo-corner.

The purpose of this forum is to discuss topics relevant to today’s youth, in this case, gender and sexuality. As children enter puberty, there are many changes that happen both in the body and in the mind. They begin to develop and notice these developments. It is a beautiful thing that takes place, though painful to experience and confusing when there is no base of support. With the prevalence of divorce and neglect in the world, many children on Emo-corner are forced to learn how to become adults completely on their own. I know I did. On top of this, embarrassment and confusion are very common in this stage of life, and the anonymity of the internet makes kids feel safe, sometimes too safe. What I want for this forum is to help these children into adulthood safely. I want this to be the safe place many people will never find.

I value the roles of mother and father more than any role there could be. Because of this, I want parents to feel that their children are safe. Because of this, I will introduce myself.

On here I am known as Objet_Trouve. In real life, my name is Lofn. I am a 24 year old woman and I am engaged to an amazing man named Scott. We’ve been together for over a year (marrying in December) and couldn’t be happier. I am a student currently at a community school, looking to study psychology at UNM. I am bisexual, but monogamous. I believe life should never be limited to what is in your pants or who is in your bed. Gender and sexuality are only two facets of your personality, interesting, fun to talk about sometimes, but never the culmination of who you are. You may notice in some posts I will encourage children to seek out the wisdom of their parents, of counselors and in some cases law enforcement. This is because I will tell your children what I would like you to tell mine: To be safe, to be themselves, and to not rush too quickly into adulthood.

I, the Admin and the other moderators wish to create a safe and friendly environment. If you ever have concerns or questions, I would love to discuss them with you. I can be reached on this site by PM, or email me at objettrouve23@gmail.com.

I am not yet a mother myself, though I wish to be someday. For this reason I would deeply value your input. Thank you for reading this, and my best wishes for you and your home.

XO,
Objet_Trouve, moderator

oneofakind

oneofakind

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
My reply wasnt working; i thought i replied to like 20 things.

but it ended up not working >:[

whats up with that! angry.gif

Objet_Trouve

Objet_Trouve

Queen of all Cosmos

• Legacy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts
QUOTE (xcuttersteffix @ Nov 5 2008, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Was it just in the G and S forum? Or was it other forums too (like hangout or emo talk)?

Also, we have a forum for these kinds of problems, they'd be waaaay more helpful than I would. Go see the FAQ and suggestions forum.

Mr.Nick™

Mr.Nick™

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
QUOTE (xcuttersteffix @ Nov 5 2008, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Err.. do you mean, your topic?

You must be promoted first, from Delicate Snowflake to Tortured Roses, need about 27 posts. I think you have around 20+. Thats why.

Nick said, his first time, he thought it was not working, but after he did few posts, he got promoted.

soconfused

soconfused

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band silverstein
  • Fav Song my heroine
QUOTE (F*ck My Life @ Dec 22 2008, 06:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Err.. do you mean, your topic?

You must be promoted first, from Delicate Snowflake to Tortured Roses, need about 27 posts. I think you have around 20+. Thats why.

Nick said, his first time, he thought it was not working, but after he did few posts, he got promoted.

why i cant post a new topic?
i always try to post but its not working?

MyLifeSucks

MyLifeSucks

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Fallout boy
  • Fav Song Fallout Boy
Thanks
x

Emo Lt

Emo Lt

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Hey hope my parents will accept me now for who i am and rethink about their decission to disown me smile.gif

IamAnEmoGuy

IamAnEmoGuy

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Ty smile.gif

EMOtionaly_overdosed

EMOtionaly_overdosed

Delicate Snowflake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I had the easy way out smile.gif its not that hard or complicated coming out if ur parents r divorced and u live with ur les mom Big Grin.gif

S(he) Be(lie)ve(d)

S(he) Be(lie)ve(d)

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
QUOTE (IamAnEmoGuy @ Dec 28 2008, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ty smile.gif

I actually just showed this to my parents...they seem a little more accepting but a little worried that I cared enough to even show them

Sepulchre

Sepulchre

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
Yay, i'm not the only one who likes escape the fate.

MidnightKid333

MidnightKid333

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Alaska
  • Fav Band 30 seconds to Mars
  • Fav Song Perfect - simple plan
cool hair

0 user(s) are reading this topic