Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Why Cant African Americans Be Emo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
268 replies to this topic

e the e

e the e

I don't care much.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,677 posts
You know all colored people in America call themselves American. The only refer to the African American when talking about heritage. When saying 'African' Americans they are saying that they are Americans of African desent. It's just like saying red cow. The cow is of the color red. It doesn't mean that that cow takes pride in being red over being a cow. It's just the word placement that is used in english. Where as in french it would be cow red. So in french it's Américain africain. The language we use is English so our discription of the thing goes first. That is why it is African American. Not because colored people are more loyal to Africa. Because of the way our language is set up.

I could ask my great grandma and stuff, and they would say its a deragitory term used to insult A.A. The meaning of the word has changed over time.

Déjavu

Déjavu

The ultimate

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Seether
  • Fav Song Broken
please here in South-Africa the black people want us to call them black people not african or natives

seriously.. do white people (hence i am white) walk around saying please call me european or caucasian(i know its a colour but it the correct term) I think not..

here indians are indians, colourds are coloureds, blacks are blacks, asiens are asiens and whites are whites and together were all south african..

I ges its true that our country is the only country that got over that issue without a war..

oh.. and i know atleat 11 black people who are emo

e the e

e the e

I don't care much.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,677 posts
QUOTE (.xBlackMaroonx. @ Dec 14 2008, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
please here in South-Africa the black people want us to call them black people not african or natives

seriously.. do white people (hence i am white) walk around saying please call me european or caucasian(i know its a colour but it the correct term) I think not..

here indians are indians, colourds are coloureds, blacks are blacks, asiens are asiens and whites are whites and together were all south african..

I ges its true that our country is the only country that got over that issue without a war..

oh.. and i know atleat 11 black people who are emo

I think part of the reason the term African American has African in it is because Some of the A.A. wanted to pay respect to their ansestors that were forcefully taken from their home shipped out to America to become slaves.
But that's just a guess.

...()()()

...()()()

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band .
  • Fav Song .
QUOTE (Holly92 @ Dec 14 2008, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not all the white slave owners called them that, some actually treated them very good. And when the time came to free them, the ones that were treated well didn't want to leave.

if you believe that you must be pretty retarded.

Lostnbrokenhearted4ever

Lostnbrokenhearted4ever

The Damned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Because emos are all white kids with decent lives.
They're also pretty shallow and most likely don't like anybody who is dark.

Holly92

Holly92

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Texas
  • Fav Band Rammstein
  • Fav Song Tier by Rammstein
QUOTE (Erin the Exuberant @ Dec 14 2008, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think part of the reason the term African American has African in it is because Some of the A.A. wanted to pay respect to their ansestors that were forcefully taken from their home shipped out to America to become slaves.
But that's just a guess.

Africas own government sold them to us. We didn't just go over there and take them.

e the e

e the e

I don't care much.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,677 posts
I'm pretty sure the tribes and villages weren't apart of the government, and if they were, they had no say in it.
I'm positive over 95% of the African's didn't go "whoopy lets leave our homeland and family and posesions and get on a boat to America where we can: A. Die on the journey to America. B. Die fighting to be not taken. C. Become slaves and get whiped then have all our grandchildren suffer the same fate."
Most of them didn't want to leave.

Holly92

Holly92

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Rammstein
QUOTE (Coma white @ Dec 14 2008, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if you believe that you must be pretty retarded.

You have no right to say im retarded. I highly doubt your from texas, texas was the biggest slavery state, i know my states history and what our people did. Learn your shit before you go and run that senceless mouth of yours.

Lostnbrokenhearted4ever

Lostnbrokenhearted4ever

The Damned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
QUOTE (Holly92 @ Dec 14 2008, 03:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You have no right to say im retarded. I highly doubt your from texas, texas was the biggest slavery state, i know my states history and what our people did. Learn your shit before you go and run that senceless mouth of yours.

Actually. He pretty much hit the nail on the head.
So people WANTED to be taken from their land, drug into this new world and put to work all their life?
They fucking hated it. Any idiot knows that they weren't treated well. If you wanted to treat slaves fair and well in the first place. Why even bother purchasing slaves in the first place?

e the e

e the e

I don't care much.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,677 posts
QUOTE (Holly92 @ Dec 14 2008, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True that he didn't have the right

But....:
Don't believe what you read in history books. 'Cause they leave out a lot of shit and they aren't often right.
We don't really know exactly what happened back then, since we weren't there. We can give a good estimate, but we will never know for sure.

I agree with No Quarter. He is a smart man.

Holly92

Holly92

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Rammstein
QUOTE (No Quarter @ Dec 14 2008, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually. He pretty much hit the nail on the head.
So people WANTED to be taken from their land, drug into this new world and put to work all their life?
They fucking hated it. Any idiot knows that they weren't treated well. If you wanted to treat slaves fair and well in the first place. Why even bother purchasing slaves in the first place?

actually he hit the nail on the dumbass head, more or less. No at first they didn't want to be taken for there land, and drug into america. But they didn't work all there life, after slavery was outlawed, and they were told "your free, go". the ones that were treated badly, of course they left. but the ones that weren't whipped and called a nigger, just did the work the landlord needed. they didn't want to leave in the end because, they were clothed, feed and had a roof over there head. and leaving means they would have to get those things on there own.

"if you wanted to teat slaves fair and well in the first place, why even bother purchasing slaves in the first place."

uh maybe they needed an extra hand to help them with planting crops, and picking cotton. just because they purchased them, and had the label "slaves" doesn't mean they were treated badly. get that through your head.

e the e

e the e

I don't care much.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,677 posts
QUOTE (Holly92 @ Dec 14 2008, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
actually he hit the nail on the dumbass head, more or less. No at first they didn't want to be taken for there land, and drug into america. But they didn't work all there life, after slavery was outlawed, and they were told "your free, go". the ones that were treated badly, of course they left. but the ones that weren't whipped and called a nigger, just did the work the landlord needed. they didn't want to leave in the end because, they were clothed, feed and had a roof over there head. and leaving means they would have to get those things on there own.

"if you wanted to teat slaves fair and well in the first place, why even bother purchasing slaves in the first place."

uh maybe they needed an extra hand to help them with planting crops, and picking cotton. just because they purchased them, and had the label "slaves" doesn't mean they were treated badly. get that through your head.

First off: If someone owns you can controls your life, then you are treated unfairly.

Holly92

Holly92

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Rammstein
QUOTE (Erin the Exuberant @ Dec 14 2008, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First off: If someone owns you can controls your life, then you are treated unfairly.

My parents own me, and im treated fairly

e the e

e the e

I don't care much.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,677 posts
QUOTE (Holly92 @ Dec 14 2008, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My parents own me, and im treated fairly

Not what I meant.
I meant that if you are owned by someone, forced to work for them with no pay on impossible hours, and they make you live in crappy conditions then you are treated unfairly.

Holly92

Holly92

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Rammstein
QUOTE (Erin the Exuberant @ Dec 14 2008, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not what I meant.
I meant that if you are owned by someone, forced to work for them with no pay on impossible hours, and they make you live in crappy conditions then you are treated unfairly.

there pay was being clothed, food and a roof over there head.

e the e

e the e

I don't care much.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,677 posts
Crappy clothing that was their only clothes for most of their life, crappy food that got them sick, and cabins that had more slaves than was sanitary. They got diseases because of the crappy living conditions. They were not treated right.

MegaDestroyers

MegaDestroyers

MxFxD

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts
i am so offended by you.
saying that we wanted to be taken from our land in africa.
we we're taken as slaves, we were treated like shit.
But thats cool right? cause your ancestors get to treat my ancestors like dirt.
I bet you laugh at us niggers too.
i mean you're a racist right?
calling us all niggers, treating us different, cause we're not white.
Fried Chicken and Grape Soda All Around!
about 7% of us have our reformation. 93% of us our still waiting for our apologies.
Old slave owners gathered together to form the KKK, because they didn't want to treat us equally because we aren't white.

Holly92

Holly92

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Rammstein
QUOTE (Erin the Exuberant @ Dec 14 2008, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Crappy clothing that was their only clothes for most of their life, crappy food that got them sick, and cabins that had more slaves than was sanitary. They got diseases because of the crappy living conditions. They were not treated right.

ugh....im getting tired of this.....ok fine whatever, but the past is the past, the blacks need to get over it and quit the crying and bitching about it. i mean suck it up and take it, this happened 200 yrs ago. why go on and on about old shit.

MegaDestroyers

MegaDestroyers

MxFxD

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts
QUOTE (Holly92 @ Dec 14 2008, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ugh....im getting tired of this.....ok fine whatever, but the past is the past, the blacks need to get over it and quit the crying and bitching about it. i mean suck it up and take it, this happened 200 yrs ago. why go on and on about old shit.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?
I demand an apology.
right now.

e the e

e the e

I don't care much.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,677 posts
QUOTE (Holly92 @ Dec 14 2008, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Woooo like they're just going to forget about what their ansestors went through?
They sucked up the fact that they were slaves, they took the abuse. And now they honor that. You don't get over that kind of shit. What those slave owners did was wrong, and it deserves to be remembered so others don't make the same mistakes.
Crying and bitching about it? How about read the facts, read about what happened. How can you not cry about that? It's sick shit.

We go on about old shit so we don't make the same mistakes.
To quote David C. McCullough: History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are.
And George Santayana: Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
That is why we don't get over it. That is why people 'cry and bitch' about it. That is why we 'go on and on about old shit'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users