Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Best Christmas Eve Eve Ever!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

sentient

sentient

Fascist

• Legacy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,293 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band dropkick murphys
So I had to work one of my love 12-hour days yesterday. All good though because I got positive feedback at the one job and a decent chunk of commission at the other job. After work, I'm meeting a friend for dinner.

While waiting for him, i hang out with some people who work in a different section of my second job and have fun doing so, even though I'm worried about being able to afford dinner and am already planning on just getting a side salad and a glass of water. Then I see a Jew Wagon roll by. Seriously, a big ol' truck with signs and blaring traditional jewish music wishing everyone a happy chanukah driving down one of toronto's busiest streets in the middle of a flurry. It was funny as fuck, completely unexpected.

My friend shows up and says "I'm paying for dinner, Merry Christmas!" The place we were going to go to was closed for renovations, so we found this other place around the corner which turned out to be a LOT better. My buddy then proceeds to order a few pitchers and shots and finally we get around to ordering dinner, which was pretty decent.

After dinner, he then pushes his plate aside and says "I have to ask you something." He gets all serious and scary, arms folded on the tables. He reaches across the table, takes my hand and says "Okay.... so we've been friends for a long time, and I need to ask you something, and you can totally say no if you need to."

Let it be known that this friend is as gay as the day is long, so i knew he wasn't professing his love for me, but instead might be asking me to be a surrogate, which is far, far worse.

He says his uncle bought him two tickets for a luxury cruise to the Bahamas, and all I'd have to do is pay for the flight to Florida because that's where it leaves from, and would I like to go with him.

Of course I shrieked "YES! YES I'D LOVE TO!..... holy fuck man, you scared me. I thought you wanted me to have your baby."\

We have tentative plans to leave next winter <3

2009's shaping up to be a good year... which is awesome because 2008 sucked ass for me.

smile.gif

Cliffs:
- Worked a long day, but good day at both jobs.
- Had fun hanging out with colleagues briefly.
- See a Jew Wagon. For realz.
- Went to dinner with a friend who paid for it all while going all out on food, booze, etc.
- Friend offers me an all expense paid ticket for a luxury cruise to the Bahamas, all I have to do is pay for my flight to Florida.
- I say yes and squeal with delight.
- Best christmas eve eve ever.

The_cure_isnt_new☯

The_cure_isnt_new☯

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
wats funny about a jew truck lol
i love trditional jewish music

jk i thought that was funny 2

HeyThereDelilah

HeyThereDelilah

Suck my dick.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,840 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Passenger
Haha! Wicked! Cruises are wicked....personally never been on one, but I know people who have. biggrin.gif Have fun!

Also:
Apologies for the jew bit. xD

finality

finality

Nigrescent Black Hole

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,517 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band .
YAY!
biggrin.gif
This made me laugh. I'm so happy for you!
(Ok, now I sound like you are actually having his baby).
tongue.gif

sentient

sentient

Fascist

• Legacy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,293 posts
  • Country
i guess nothing's funny about it in actuality... it was just so goddamn unexpected laugh.gif

edit: And thanks guys! biggrin.gif i've never been on a cruise either... but hey, one that's free is a good first one I think biggrin.gif

The_cure_isnt_new☯

The_cure_isnt_new☯

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts
lol i was kidding LMAO.gif Big Grin.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif happy.gif

sentient

sentient

Fascist

• Legacy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,293 posts
  • Country
so i've heard a lot about "cruisewear" - wtf is cruisewear and will i be able to just bake in the sun with drinks with little umbrellas in them? Or do they sort of frown on getting drunk before noon on cruises?

"hey, relax guy, i'm on holiday!"

Also, in the spirit of the Jew Wagon, has anyone seen any of these, or similar, where they are? Do they exist regularly, or just make appearances during the holidays? I'm so intrigued now.

finality

finality

Nigrescent Black Hole

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,517 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band .
If I were you, I'd just get drunk anyway, screw stigma.
Hm, I've never seen a Jew wagon. ;_;
I have seen an Asian Jew though, if that counts?

sentient

sentient

Fascist

• Legacy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,293 posts
  • Country
An asian jew laugh.gif Never met an asian jew before. that'd be an accounting firm's dream come true laugh.gif

emotherapist

emotherapist

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
It's already Christmas here (Dec. 25, 2008 @ 1:00AM) but nothing special happened so far.

Kellbell

Kellbell

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,806 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Slipknot
  • Fav Song Wait and Bleed
Merry Christmas Ec smile.gif

Dr. Slade

Dr. Slade

Time Lord.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts
Froliche Weinachten...

RainbowCatMagic

RainbowCatMagic

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Pixies
When do jews celebrate chanukah?

Lostnbrokenhearted4ever

Lostnbrokenhearted4ever

The Damned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Cool deal.
Enjoy your cruise you lucky bastard tongue.gif

sentient

sentient

Fascist

• Legacy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,293 posts
  • Country
thanks NQ biggrin.gif This gives me a reason to work on my swimsuit body. laugh.gif

It's good to know that being a decent friend can reap rewards other than emotional fulfillment, haha

Rainbow, according to wikipedia:

Hanukkah (Hebrew: חנוכה‎, IPA: ['χanuka], alt. Chanukah), also known as the Festival of Lights, is an eight-day Jewish holiday commemorating the rededication of the Holy Temple in Jerusalem at the time of the Maccabean Revolt of the 2nd century BCE. Hanukkah is observed for eight nights, starting on the 25th day of Kislev according to the Hebrew calendar, and may occur from late November to late December on the Gregorian calendar.

RainbowCatMagic

RainbowCatMagic

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Pixies
Thanks Sentient, I have to go wiki Kislev now..

sentient

sentient

Fascist

• Legacy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,293 posts
  • Country
you're welcome biggrin.gif consider me the start point on your quest for knowledge.

.Aneraxium.

.Aneraxium.

Peace, Love & Serenity

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,038 posts
Sounds like fun.
Hope your Christmas is awesome too sentient.

sentient

sentient

Fascist

• Legacy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,293 posts
  • Country
thanks niks - back atcha lady!

RainbowCatMagic

RainbowCatMagic

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,413 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Pixies
In the Warhammer Fantasy setting, Kislev is the name of a Slavic/Kieven Rus-themed fictional country that sits northeast of The Empire, between it and the Realm of Chaos. Between Kislev and Norsca lies Troll Country, while beyond that lie the magic-tainted Chaos Wastes. Because of both the harsh weather and the fact that any Chaos incursions must pass through (and, consequently, attack) the country, the Kislevites are a hardy people who are never willing to back down from a fight. The capital of Kislev is Kislev, with Erengrad and Praag being the next largest and important cities. Kislev is primarily inspired by the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth and Russia of the 16th and 17th centuries, with its name derived from the city of Kiev. They are most famed for their horseback archery skills, and are ruled by Tzarina Katarin who is the most powerful magician Queen who has ever lived because of her mastery of the power Ice magic.

I don't think this is what it was referring to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users