Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Self Harm

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
111 replies to this topic

Princess Disaster

Princess Disaster

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
Me and my friend were just joking around, and she went "your so emo , show me your wrists" and I said no and moved away from her when she tried to grab my wrist, because I actually do cut myself. She just stared at me like I'd showed her my cuts or something. And now I feel super self-concious around her. I think I should tell her the truth, she told me something really private, so I feel like I can trust her, but she jokes about self harm just like everyone else at my school.
What do you think I should do?
Oh, and don't tell me I'm a retard for cutting myself, because I know it's not any good.

e the e

e the e

I don't care much.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,677 posts
You're not just hurting yourself, you know.
What you should do is stop cutting.
Then tell your friend that you did cut.

Sex Muffin

Sex Muffin

Taelor is mine. =3

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts
QUOTE (E x u b e r a n c e @ Mar 7 2009, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

^^

You're hurting others around you by doing it.

Princess Disaster

Princess Disaster

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
QUOTE (E x u b e r a n c e @ Mar 7 2009, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's not that easy to just stop. But I appreciate your opinion anyway.

Sex Muffin

Sex Muffin

Taelor is mine. =3

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts
QUOTE (Princess Disaster @ Mar 7 2009, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not that easy to just stop. But I appreciate your opinion anyway.

Have you ever tried to stop?

It actually is easy.
My friend cut for like...what was it...four years I think? Anyway, her boyfriend-who was pretty much her everything-said he couldn't stand her cutting any longer. He said if she continued, they were through.
Now whattaya' know? They're married and she's been happy ever since she stopped =]

e the e

e the e

I don't care much.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,677 posts
Fine, do whatever the hell you want. Continue to hurt your friends and fuck up your future.

But it is easy. I would know.
From what I've seen of your posts, you don't even want to stop. And if I remember right, you would kill yourself if your boyfriend wasn't alive.
You clearly don't want to stop cutting yourself.
You can stop cutting. You just have to care enough to want to stop. You have to be dedicated and now give up the first time things get tough.

Princess Disaster

Princess Disaster

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
QUOTE (Sex Muffin @ Mar 7 2009, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you ever tried to stop?

It actually is easy.
My friend cut for like...what was it...four years I think? Anyway, her boyfriend-who was pretty much her everything-said he couldn't stand her cutting any longer. He said if she continued, they were through.
Now whattaya' know? They're married and she's been happy ever since she stopped =]

I tried, but wasn't committed to it. And if my boyfriend put me in that situation, I'd give up too. That's a nice, happy ending for your friend smile.gif

e the e

e the e

I don't care much.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,677 posts
You're boyfriend's an idiot if he lets you continue cutting. He obviously doesn't care about you.

Don't say it's hard quitting if you never even put the proper two cents in it.

finality

finality

Nigrescent Black Hole

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,517 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band .
Actually, it is easy to stop cutting.
Endorphins are not actually addictive in the way that, say, nicotine, or heroin are.
And exercise also releases endorphins. So, technically, exercise has exactly the same 'release' or mood-improving effect as self-harm may have, without the pain, scarring and future regrets.
So what advantage has self-harm over exercise?
It makes you feel uber-emo, is that it? I certainly can't think of anything else.

RoscoBenjamin

RoscoBenjamin

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Jeff Buckley
People who self-harm wouldn't post their explots on a forum for the world to know because they actually have a problem.

Princess Disaster

Princess Disaster

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
QUOTE (E x u b e r a n c e @ Mar 7 2009, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're boyfriend's an idiot if he lets you continue cutting. He obviously doesn't care about you.

Shut the fuck up, you don't know him.

e the e

e the e

I don't care much.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,677 posts
Well it's true. If your boyfriend lets you cut yourself, he doesn't care about you.
You may not like hearing it, but it's obviously true.

Lostnbrokenhearted4ever

Lostnbrokenhearted4ever

The Damned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
QUOTE (Princess Disaster @ Mar 7 2009, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shut the fuck up, you don't know him.

We know enough to know that he doesn't care enough about you to be concerned about your problem with self mutilation.

I love when people come for advice then get defensive and start flinging insults at others.

Princess Disaster

Princess Disaster

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
QUOTE (RoscoBenjamin @ Mar 7 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People who self-harm wouldn't post their explots on a forum for the world to know because they actually have a problem.

Well, none of you know me in person. So I feel like I can.

Princess Disaster

Princess Disaster

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts
QUOTE (Tank Hankerous @ Mar 7 2009, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We know enough to know that he doesn't care enough about you to be concerned about your problem with self mutilation.

I love when people come for advice then get defensive and start flinging insults at others.

Yes, I apologise for that, I just don't like people throwing my boyfriend into it, he cares for me and it kills him that I do this.

Lostnbrokenhearted4ever

Lostnbrokenhearted4ever

The Damned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
QUOTE (Princess Disaster @ Mar 7 2009, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, I apologise for that, I just don't like people throwing my boyfriend into it, he cares for me and it kills him that I do this.

Then, perhaps he should help you stop.
And perhaps for his sake, you should help yourself stop.

While yes people can say how hard getting over addictions are. It takes willpower and determination.
It takes somebody who has enough Self worth in themself to realise their mistakes and learn from them.

Sex Muffin

Sex Muffin

Taelor is mine. =3

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts
QUOTE (E x u b e r a n c e @ Mar 7 2009, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well it's true. If your boyfriend lets you cut yourself, he doesn't care about you.
You may not like hearing it, but it's obviously true.

^^ This.

QUOTE (Princess Disaster @ Mar 7 2009, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, none of you know me in person. So I feel like I can.

Thankfully >_>

QUOTE (Princess Disaster @ Mar 7 2009, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not tryin' to be a bitch here (it kinda' just works out that way), but you were the one who mentioned him first =P

HeyThereDelilah

HeyThereDelilah

Suck my dick.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,840 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Passenger
I agree with everything the above posts say. Sorry.

Also, back on topic.
Friends will handle that situation in different ways, when I found my friend was cutting I just supported her and let her knew that I always had her back but I really wanted her to stop.
She said her other friends started laughing and yelling at her and told everyone.

They handle it in different ways, it just depends if you're friend is a true friend or not.

Resonance.

Resonance.

Too cold to shiver.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,495 posts
Hun, I think you should tell your friend about this as everyone else before me has said.

Also about the cutting- it isn't actually that difficult to stop, trust me.
It's a compulsive thing, which means you don't have to do it but after a while your brain turns it into a kind of automatic thing.
It's a bad habit you have to get out of. It's not healthy. I'm now stuck in bloody counselling for something I did last year.
It's a real struggle when you first try, but as long as you have someone there to support you through it and keep yourself busy you'll be fine.

Pm if you want to talk.

mthrfckr.

mthrfckr.

Conflicting Thoughts

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,838 posts
QUOTE (Princess Disaster @ Mar 7 2009, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Me and my friend were just joking around, and she went "your so emo , show me your wrists" and I said no and moved away from her when she tried to grab my wrist, because I actually do cut myself. She just stared at me like I'd showed her my cuts or something. And now I feel super self-concious around her. I think I should tell her the truth, she told me something really private, so I feel like I can trust her, but she jokes about self harm just like everyone else at my school.
What do you think I should do?
Oh, and don't tell me I'm a retard for cutting myself, because I know it's not any good.

Do what Erin said

it is easy to stop if you have the willpower to do so

you know deep down (probably not even deep down) that its wrong and you shouldn't be doing it
so stop

QUOTE (E x u b e r a n c e @ Mar 7 2009, 07:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its obvious that he doesn't care assuming he knows.. or he cares but hes not going to stop her from doing something that she likes to do
either way
/heh

also.. isn't trying to help someone and then saying their boyfriend/girlfriend doesn't care about them a little counterproductive?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users