Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rape Abortion

* * * * * 1 votes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
335 replies to this topic

Poll: Rape Abortion (53 member(s) have cast votes)

Is abortion alright if the baby is from rape?

1. Yes (40 votes [75.47%])

Percentage of vote: 75.47%

2. No (13 votes [24.53%])

Percentage of vote: 24.53%

Vote

EmoBoy81991

EmoBoy81991

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
So, a weird topic came up today amongst my friends and I. Story: A girl is raped and is pregnant... should she get an abortion or keep the baby and give up for adoption?

Answers?

Lostnbrokenhearted4ever

Lostnbrokenhearted4ever

The Damned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
It's HER choice.
Weither she keep it or abort it.
But nobody else BUT HER can have a say in which choice SHE CAN MAKE.

.drenched.in.blood.

.drenched.in.blood.

The Cookie Monster.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,166 posts
Depends on her mental state.

If giving birth to this baby would cause her to have a mental breakdown, then she should terminate [provided it is before 21 weeks].
If she would just be a little upset, then have it and give it up.

It depends on each case.

And I agree with NQ

Just Jen

Just Jen

love you all <3

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,973 posts
Agree with the first poster.
Totally her choice.
Abortion shouldnt be used as a means of birth control, but some situations call for it.

Holly92

Holly92

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Texas
  • Fav Band Rammstein
  • Fav Song Tier by Rammstein
It isn't the babys fault it got conceived. Why take it out on it and kill it? If the woman doesn't want it thats fine. Give it to a couple that isn't able to have children.

.drenched.in.blood.

.drenched.in.blood.

The Cookie Monster.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,166 posts
^
So it's the mother's fault for being forced against her will into an act of unconsentual and possibly extremely harmful sex?

No.

It's not a "baby". It's a foetus. Sorry to put it bluntly.

There is a difference.

Before a certain point, the foetus would not be able to survive outside of the womb, then it is acceptable to terminate it.

After that point, the mother needs to think about it. That is her descision alone.

Unless it's like seven months along, which is too late to terminate. Then she should have it and give it to a couple who want it.

e the e

e the e

I don't care much.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,677 posts
QUOTE (Holly92 @ Mar 20 2009, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It isn't the babys fault it got conceived. Why take it out on it and kill it? If the woman doesn't want it thats fine. Give it to a couple that isn't able to have children.

It's not the mother's fault it got conceived. Why put her through the misery, hell she's already been in the misery of dealing with this decision.
You care so much about the baby, maybe you should stop and think about the mother.

EmoBoy81991

EmoBoy81991

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
QUOTE (.drenched.in.blood. @ Mar 20 2009, 11:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is a difference.

Before a certain point, the foetus would not be able to survive outside of the womb, then it is acceptable to terminate it.

After that point, the mother needs to think about it. That is her descision alone.

Unless it's like seven months along, which is too late to terminate. Then she should have it and give it to a couple who want it.

Um, it is a living thing. Why do you think, during pregnancy, the first four or five months are important? Oh, its just a FETUS (you spelled it wrong), it won't do any harm to the HUMAN. As soon as the sperm and egg have exchanged chromosomes, it is living. Simple as that. Its amazing that people would be okay with killing a baby. Next you will say its okay to kill your neighbor. The regard for life has gone down the shiter. Abortion, suicide, I don't understand how people are so ignorant. Its the same with the death penalty. Let them rot in jail and suffer the grief to remember the faces of those they killed. Why give them a one way ticket out of that. Suffering in jail is worse then death.

Autumn Breeze

Autumn Breeze

Bang Bang haha :P

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band The Cure
  • Fav Song Cut Here
its her choice she can terminate the pregnancy if she wants its her body geez why are people so thick headed. its not a baby till it breaths.

Lostnbrokenhearted4ever

Lostnbrokenhearted4ever

The Damned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
QUOTE (EmoBoy81991 @ Mar 20 2009, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Um, it is a living thing. Why do you think, during pregnancy, the first four or five months are important? Oh, its just a FETUS (you spelled it wrong), it won't do any harm to the HUMAN. As soon as the sperm and egg have exchanged chromosomes, it is living. Simple as that. Its amazing that people would be okay with killing a baby. Next you will say its okay to kill your neighbor. The regard for life has gone down the shiter. Abortion, suicide, I don't understand how people are so ignorant. Its the same with the death penalty. Let them rot in jail and suffer the grief to remember the faces of those they killed. Why give them a one way ticket out of that. Suffering in jail is worse then death.

Firstly. It is living, but nothing more than a parasite that is not capable of sustaining life. Thus it is needed to be taken care of by it's mother.
So it's a part of her untill it leaves the womb. It's basically her choice weither she wants to terminate it or not.

Also, American prisons are pretty easy.
You'd be surprised how well treated they are. Especially compaired to other countries.

Resonance.

Resonance.

Too cold to shiver.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,495 posts
I think the decision is really up to the mother, but I'm probably more for rape abortion than against it.

It'd be like a constant reminder of the ordeal, and then people start questioning 'Who's the father?'. Might be something the victim want to keep quiet.
The mother could give the baby up for adoption. But at the same time, she's got 9 months carrying the thing, which won't all be lovely.

NetStar

NetStar

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
I'm Pro-Choice no matter what the circumstances.
No one should have what they can and can't do wit their own body dictated to them, whether the pregnancy is accidental, rape or otherwise..

I like these treads; the high-horses 15 year old virgins get on, are quite frankly hilarious.
I don't understand how a collection of cells has more rights than than the mother.

The tables would turn very quickly if a lot of pro-lifers were suddenly pregnant.

EmoBoy81991

EmoBoy81991

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Dude or whatever, are you religious? Probably not, but a fetus has as much right as the mother. If you ever took science class, they teach that they are living right after the sperm and egg finish conception. Absolutely the very moment that thats done, it is living. And for whoever said as soon as they are breathing? They start that as soon as blood is received to the fetus, so, right after conception. I am not trying to force this idea on others, if you want to kill your baby, fine, but maybe you weren't, in my family, we respect every living thing. We wouldn't kill a baby.

Plus, if the mother made a mistake, well, thats her fault, she should have the baby so she learns not to get knocked up. Oh yeah, having sex gives babies... probably not a good idea unless I am absolutely ready to take care of a child. It amazes me that our group of people, the ones that talk on this site and try to get away and connect because we feel left out, would believe that life is easy. It isn't. We can't get out of stuff so easily. Birth is one of them. Tough luck if you got pregnant, but thats your fault. Deal with it, have the baby, and give them a chance. Selfish people don't get far in this world.

Lostnbrokenhearted4ever

Lostnbrokenhearted4ever

The Damned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
QUOTE (EmoBoy81991 @ Mar 21 2009, 07:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude or whatever, are you religious? Probably not, but a fetus has as much right as the mother. If you ever took science class, they teach that they are living right after the sperm and egg finish conception. Absolutely the very moment that thats done, it is living. And for whoever said as soon as they are breathing? They start that as soon as blood is received to the fetus, so, right after conception. I am not trying to force this idea on others, if you want to kill your baby, fine, but maybe you weren't, in my family, we respect every living thing. We wouldn't kill a baby.

Plus, if the mother made a mistake, well, thats her fault, she should have the baby so she learns not to get knocked up. Oh yeah, having sex gives babies... probably not a good idea unless I am absolutely ready to take care of a child. It amazes me that our group of people, the ones that talk on this site and try to get away and connect because we feel left out, would believe that life is easy. It isn't. We can't get out of stuff so easily. Birth is one of them. Tough luck if you got pregnant, but thats your fault. Deal with it, have the baby, and give them a chance. Selfish people don't get far in this world.

Go back and read my post mate.
I basically put the whole "A Fetus is living" argument to rest.

And selfish people DO get far in the world. Why are most CEOs of giant companys and corporations selfish? Because they know that to get to the top. They need to use and step on others.
Which is why they're making tons of money now.

e the e

e the e

I don't care much.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,677 posts
QUOTE (EmoBoy81991 @ Mar 21 2009, 09:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Then why don't you start respecting and thinking of the raped girl.

Charmed Ages

Charmed Ages

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Alesana
  • Fav Song Heartstone
^ If i ever make a kid by accident and the girl i did it with left me with the kid

I would use Robbie's fantastic guide on how to take care of kids

Lostnbrokenhearted4ever

Lostnbrokenhearted4ever

The Damned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
QUOTE (E x u b e r a n c e @ Mar 21 2009, 08:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then why don't you start respecting and thinking of the raped girl.

Because Conservative republicans only love 2 kinds of people.
Fetuses, and soldiers.

"Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers. Pro-life, these people aren't pro-life, they're killing doctors, what kind of pro-life is that? What, they'll do everything they can do save a fetus, but if it grows up to be a doctor they just might have to kill it?"

Wulf

Wulf

Zombie Goose

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • Country
  • US State:South Carolina
  • Fav Band Nirvana
  • Fav Song Heart Shaped Box Nirvana
QUOTE (.drenched.in.blood. @ Mar 20 2009, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^
So it's the mother's fault for being forced against her will into an act of unconsentual and possibly extremely harmful sex?

No.

There is a difference.

So what part does the baby play in the whole raped thing. Would it be so bad that you can't look at the baby because of the sick father ( Which i think is some BULL SHIT sins of the father is not sins of the son) Then give the little bastard up

Autumn Breeze

Autumn Breeze

Bang Bang haha :P

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band The Cure
  • Fav Song Cut Here
mhm. you dont even know the guy that raped you and your caring his baby? yeah thats fucked up.

Wulf

Wulf

Zombie Goose

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • Country
  • US State:South Carolina
  • Fav Band Nirvana
  • Fav Song Heart Shaped Box Nirvana
QUOTE (brunettesrule1000 @ Mar 21 2009, 07:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree so much with the last statement. I know when I was going through the "shit, am I pregnant?" stage, I knew I wasn't ready for a baby, I would have had an abortion. it wouldn't have been fair to myself or the baby to have it.

People can't really judge until they're in that situation, and its not fair to judge someone else for their own decision.

It is the girls choice, she's the one that has to carry it, put her body through pregnancy, and then possibly raise a child.

Ok then by this statement I can judge. Because i was in the situation, my mother was raped, and i was in her womb. Believe me now I might talk some mad shit on here but i am happy none of your pro choice people got to my mom or else I wouldn't be here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users