Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Male Birth Control Pills

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
74 replies to this topic

Poll: Birth Control Pills for Men (26 member(s) have cast votes)

(Just the guys here!) If there was a birth control pill for men, would you use it?

1. Yes (11 votes [42.31%])

Percentage of vote: 42.31%

2. No (7 votes [26.92%])

Percentage of vote: 26.92%

3. Not sure (8 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

Vote

Sarcastic_Guy

Sarcastic_Guy

Nooch

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band something random
well, that's why you don't rely on JUST the pill for protection. It's kind of the same reason why you don't just have your woman take the pill and not do anything else. It's just a really bad idea.

Objet_Trouve

Objet_Trouve

Queen of all Cosmos

• Legacy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts
QUOTE (x.X.Inner.Reflection.X.x. @ Mar 29 2009, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sure why not, especially concidering the female pill has lots of downsides and makes girls less horny. It's a little bit silly really.

I've never heard that side effect. Do you know what pill does that? It's not trinessa smile.gif Trinessa did nothing but help my sex life.

QUOTE (x.X.Inner.Reflection.X.x. @ Mar 29 2009, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sure why not, especially concidering the female pill has lots of downsides and makes girls less horny. It's a little bit silly really.

I've never heard that side effect. Do you know what pill does that? It's not trinessa smile.gif Trinessa did nothing but help my sex life.

Autumn Breeze

Autumn Breeze

Bang Bang haha :P

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band The Cure
  • Fav Song Cut Here
QUOTE (Objet_Trouve @ Mar 29 2009, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

quick question. if you were a male would you take the pill ?

The Oro

The Oro

Master Helljumper

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band The Hunted
1. No

2. Only one use for it, unlike women who also use the pill to help alleviate pre-menstrual symptoms. That purpose could just as easily be fitted with a condom...despite the fact that I fucking hate them. Men don't have periods, so they won't need a pill. Besides, guys should be a lot more careful than to need a pill.

3. Do I support women on the pill? Of course I do. It's only fair that women are allowed to ease their pain. On top of that, a woman should be self-reliant as well. Can't really trust everyone to be as careful as they should. They should rely on themselves to use proper protection like the pill or female condoms just the same as a guy should use a condom...or take his pill.

I don't disagree with a guy's use of a pill, I'd just rather not do it myself. Just like I'd rather not get a vasectomy. All for birth control for proper reasons, just your choice of how you'd like to go about doing so. At times I don't really feel right about my girlfriend being on the pill, but I know that it results in her feeling less pain. So, if it helps, do it.

Sarcastic_Guy

Sarcastic_Guy

Nooch

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band something random
I can't help but feel there is a misconception of how people approach contraceptives. it's not an either/or choice, you know. If you're the type of guy who feels that strongly about contraception, you CAN use both. i.e. while I might not necessarily be disciplined enough to do both consistently, if I do at least have both options at my disposal, and I use both, then it just helps that much more.

The Oro

The Oro

Master Helljumper

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band The Hunted
It's not that I'm saying there is an either/or choice option. What you said about having both options open to you is what I meant by "how you'd like to go about doing so." I wasn't saying that you had to do one or the other, just that it's up to you the way you want it done. That includes using both a condom and a pill.

Objet_Trouve

Objet_Trouve

Queen of all Cosmos

• Legacy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts
QUOTE (Rellik San @ Mar 29 2009, 08:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for the permanent surgery options.

I'm not sure about their effectiveness; why is that you ask, well I got 21 years worth of proof; My little sister was conceived and born AFTER my mother had Tubal Ligation.

I know, that's why it says 1 or fewer for those. It's always still possible, just really unlikely.

I know someone who had that situation as well. I think castration is the only real fool proof option.

QUOTE (Autumn breeze @ Mar 29 2009, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
quick question. if you were a male would you take the pill ?

Absolutely. As a woman, I've had condoms break, especially during one night stands where he had been drinking, and I saw how it affected these men. Those guys got so incredibly scared, one guy cried, another guy yelled at me (the hell did I do???) and ran out.

I want control over my body, control that I don't have to try to remember during heated moments of passion. Control that I can take every day on my lunch break, or when I brush my teeth at night, or when I have my morning coffee, when I'm not even thinking about sex. I think this has nothing to do with being male or female. If I were a man, I wouldn't want to pay child support for kids by mothers I hardly even know. I would want to be equal to women, who have a thousand very effective BC options, not to mention the morning after pill and abortion. I wouldn't want the responsibility to be all on her, the responsibility lies with both, not just whoever would actually carry the baby. I wouldn't want to fail my girlfriend, or my wife, by not putting the condom on right because I'm in a hurry.

It's about control, responsibility and equality. I don't think these concepts apply only to women.

QUOTE (SuicideShaun @ Mar 29 2009, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No but i mean im not one to just throw myself out there, im basicly saying im only going to do it with the women i love.

That's a very good choice that I respect deeply. My sister didn't even kiss until she got married, and it was kind of cool (not my way, but quite respectable), but also consider this situation as well: My fiance and I are monogamous. We only sleep with each other. Soon, we'll get married. We know we can't financially afford kids yet, so we use birth control. We're getting married in December, and we probably won't have kids for a couple of years. we use birth control, so that we can know we will be able to afford kids when we have them. How about if you were in that situation? Would you consider it then?

QUOTE (Sarcastic_Guy @ Mar 29 2009, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't help but feel there is a misconception of how people approach contraceptives. it's not an either/or choice, you know. If you're the type of guy who feels that strongly about contraception, you CAN use both. i.e. while I might not necessarily be disciplined enough to do both consistently, if I do at least have both options at my disposal, and I use both, then it just helps that much more.

I just want to say that your last few points were exactly what I would want to say. Right on guy! You're a smart one. Makes me happy to know guys are out there who think clearly and do their research. Keep keeping your eyes open!

Objet_Trouve

Objet_Trouve

Queen of all Cosmos

• Legacy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts
QUOTE (Oro Invictus @ Mar 29 2009, 10:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That purpose could just as easily be fitted with a condom...despite the fact that I fucking hate them.

Condoms are far less effective than oral contraceptives (see my chart back there?), and condoms don't feel as good (you said yourself), so why not? Is it really so bad? Do you have some other reason for being against it?

Rellik San

Rellik San

Adorably Bitter And Angry Cabbit!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts
QUOTE (Objet_Trouve @ Mar 30 2009, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know, that's why it says 1 or fewer for those. It's always still possible, just really unlikely.

I know someone who had that situation as well. I think castration is the only real fool proof option.

Well if the UK.gov would pay care of NHS, I'd quite happily have a vivisection, castration, doesn't appeal to me.

Objet_Trouve

Objet_Trouve

Queen of all Cosmos

• Legacy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts
QUOTE (Rellik San @ Mar 30 2009, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well if the UK.gov would pay care of NHS, I'd quite happily have a vivisection, castration, doesn't appeal to me.

Works for me. Personally, I think I'd be a fun parent, if a bit of a crazy one...I like the idea of having kids, teaching them what I know, helping them have fun lives. I also think that if anyone should have a gay or transexual child, it should be us. We know exactly what to do with that, and discuss it. A lot.

But I think that if you don't want kids, you should be given the options neccesary (within reason of course. I won't let you kill a 2 year old of course) to make that a reality. No one should have children they don't want, no child should be born to parents who don't want him.

I'm still hoping NHS, and eventually American health care, will pay for these procedures. Why the hell do we focus so little on preventative health care???? (And I swear to god it is just that)

Rellik San

Rellik San

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts
QUOTE (Objet_Trouve @ Mar 30 2009, 01:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Works for me. Personally, I think I'd be a fun parent, if a bit of a crazy one...I like the idea of having kids, teaching them what I know, helping them have fun lives. I also think that if anyone should have a gay or transexual child, it should be us. We know exactly what to do with that, and discuss it. A lot.

But I think that if you don't want kids, you should be given the options neccesary (within reason of course. I won't let you kill a 2 year old of course) to make that a reality. No one should have children they don't want, no child should be born to parents who don't want him.

I'm still hoping NHS, and eventually American health care, will pay for these procedures. Why the hell do we focus so little on preventative health care???? (And I swear to god it is just that)

The upshot of a vivisection is also that the procedure can be reversed, so should I meet a woman-folk who does change my mind and I want kids with, it can easily be taken care of.

Although shame about not killing the children thing, I honestly believe to give the world a chance, we let the current generation of (young) parents die out, murder the kids they have and we start again with a new generation who hopefully, won't screw the pooch like the current lot have.

An amusing aside... I meant Vasectomy, vivisecton is where they cut you up to study you. smile.gif

SuicideShaun

SuicideShaun

Niggerescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts
QUOTE (Objet_Trouve @ Mar 30 2009, 06:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's a very good choice that I respect deeply. My sister didn't even kiss until she got married, and it was kind of cool (not my way, but quite respectable), but also consider this situation as well: My fiance and I are monogamous. We only sleep with each other. Soon, we'll get married. We know we can't financially afford kids yet, so we use birth control. We're getting married in December, and we probably won't have kids for a couple of years. we use birth control, so that we can know we will be able to afford kids when we have them. How about if you were in that situation? Would you consider it then?

Yeah i would consider it, because in my opinion sex is a form of love from one to another, but i doubt ill wait till marriage because i already found love and even tho i said im going to wait at least a year with her, its not like we will be married then. But at least i can have an ability to wait untill we are fully prepared.

Hoopa

Hoopa

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
I wouldn't take it purely because I don't like to take pills unless its absolutely neccessary (with condoms available, this pill is unneccessary - not to say that it isn't good to have), mostly because I don't like to mess with my body unless I have to. I realise that its been tested extensively and no side effects have been found, but I would still be wary (yes, I know that thats silly).

Also, I'd most likely end up forgetting it. If I can get halfway to school before realising that I'm not wearing my glasses (I'm short-sighted) then I can easily forget about this smile.gif

Objet_Trouve

Objet_Trouve

Queen of all Cosmos

• Legacy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts
QUOTE (Rellik San @ Mar 30 2009, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The upshot of a vivisection is also that the procedure can be reversed, so should I meet a woman-folk who does change my mind and I want kids with, it can easily be taken care of.

Although shame about not killing the children thing, I honestly believe to give the world a chance, we let the current generation of (young) parents die out, murder the kids they have and we start again with a new generation who hopefully, won't screw the pooch like the current lot have.

An amusing aside... I meant Vasectomy, vivisecton is where they cut you up to study you. smile.gif

OH FUCK! That's awesome. I seriously kept registering it as vasectomy. I had no idea I was THAT exausted last night. I've had a headcold the past few days, and it's been screwing with my sleep schedule. That's funny that I knew exactly what you were talking about.

It's true. I saw a woman in wal-mart once, she let her baby throw up all over herself. This is when I entered Wal-Mart. 10 minutes later, I got in line, and she was right fucking in front of me. Her baby was screaming and covered in puke still. She slapped the baby's hand and told her not to "misbhave like that in public", and everyone in line said something to her. The old lady behind me started crying after the mom left for a new lane, and I had to hold her.

I hate young parents to. Sometimes....I hate ever thinking I could wish for a natural disaster, but those people shouldn't be raising kids!! And those poor fucking kids don't deserve this shit.

QUOTE (Hoopa @ Mar 30 2009, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wouldn't take it purely because I don't like to take pills unless its absolutely neccessary (with condoms available, this pill is unneccessary - not to say that it isn't good to have), mostly because I don't like to mess with my body unless I have to. I realise that its been tested extensively and no side effects have been found, but I would still be wary (yes, I know that thats silly).

Also, I'd most likely end up forgetting it. If I can get halfway to school before realising that I'm not wearing my glasses (I'm short-sighted) then I can easily forget about this smile.gif

"I don't like to take pills", is either the absolute best no answer either, or the worst, depending on who says it.

If you're really good about remembering your condoms and a second form of BC, great! That's the best no answer I could hope for. If you don't like pills, or you don't like putting chemicals inside you, I respect that entirely. Now a days we tend to have too many inside us, so I can get behind that. It's not my way, but if you're safe, that's awesome!

If you're bad about being safe (like I was, which is one reason why I take the pill), you'd be an idiot for choosing potentially destroying your life and someone elses, and possibly a third person, just because you don't want to take medicine. Plus, I think that people who say that and are not safe are making excuses, because if you won't take medicine because you want to keep your body healthy, but you have unprotected sex and expose yourself to STDs, you're not really keeping your body healthy.

My impression of you is you're probably safe, so not bad. Usually when a person just doesn't like the idea of chemicals in their body and won't take pills is presented with an option, and is in a situation where that option may be the best one, they research it and consider it strongly. So long as you don't close your mind to it entirely due to irrational fears like "It will make me feel like a woman", this isn't that bad of an opinion at all. Always be wary of medicine, always do your research, but don't just tyake something on a whim. My doctors try to give me as much information as they can every time they give me pills, and encourage me to look into it myself, which is why I'm not so afraid. I can tell them if I want to be on something else.

As for forgetting it though, I don't think that's a very good reason. I had to learn not to forget it. I'm one of the most scatterbrained people I know. I forget to eat, sleep and have to rely on a calender book, or else I fall apart. I have long term memory problems, like not remembering significant parts of my childhood. One time, I forgot my middle name. I tend to forget Scott's middle name. I've forgotten my birthdate, phone number, address and the ages and birthdates of every single one of my brothers and sisters. Sometimes I forget my sister's married name. I get it from my mother, who has a whole file cabinet that contains her political views, alphabetically arranged on everything from Abortions to Vaccinations. It has printed out pages she went through with a higlighter, red pen and wrote notes on the sides, and every info pamphlet she's ever read.

What I'm trying to say is you have to learn not to forget. I think I've only forgotten once, and it was just a green pill which are sugar pills that work as placeholders. With Trinessa, you don't ever even have to take the green pills, it just confused me. I learned because I've had scares, and to be fully honest, I've even had miscarriages, from not being safe. It was horrible for me, and I like the idea that that stuff doesn't have to happen anymore, so long as I take some initiative and change myself just a little.

QUOTE (lilguy90 @ Mar 30 2009, 03:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
pills seem like a good idea but it wont stop you from getting sexual infections though would it?

bad thing though the pill could give side effects or maybe if you take one too many would it damage anything. to be honest i don't know if i would, condoms seem safer at the moment even if they do tend to rip sometimes.

for girls taken it im not ageist it, but i dont like seeing young teens taking it just because they could not be bothered of not having protection. But its away to stop getting a little surprise.

As far as scientists could tell, it didn't have any severe side effects, and the female pill actually has more and worse side effects. It's always very good to look at that though.

And no, it doesn't prevent STDs, that's what condoms and knowing your partner well is for. For this to be released, we would have to properly educate young people. I'm absolutely appalled we don't educate them properly now with the female pill. I think it's important to have this stuff (the scientists wanted to begin working on a BC shot, and a short term pill that you take every time you have sex, and god knows what else, but since this didn't make the market, they stopped the research entirely. Eventually, maybe they even could have come up with more effective STD prevention. Who knows now.

lilguy90

lilguy90

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
pills seem like a good idea but it wont stop you from getting sexual infections though would it?

bad thing though the pill could give side effects or maybe if you take one too many would it damage anything. to be honest i don't know if i would, condoms seem safer at the moment even if they do tend to rip sometimes.

for girls taken it im not ageist it, but i dont like seeing young teens taking it just because they could not be bothered of not having protection. But its away to stop getting a little surprise.

Autumn Breeze

Autumn Breeze

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band The Cure
  • Fav Song Cut Here
haha my friend probably would take the pill he was having sex with his girl friend and the condom some how slipped off and was stuck in her. i feel bad for him. either it fell off before or after.

Objet_Trouve

Objet_Trouve

Queen of all Cosmos

• Legacy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts
QUOTE (Autumn breeze @ Mar 30 2009, 03:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haha my friend probably would take the pill he was having sex with his girl friend and the condom some how slipped off and was stuck in her. i feel bad for him. either it fell off before or after.

EWWW! I've had that happen to!

It sucks majorly.

QUOTE (brunettesrule1000 @ Mar 30 2009, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know you wanted male opinion but hey I thought I'd contribute anyway.

I'm not really sure. If the guy wants to take it, that's his call, fair enough smile.gif The more contraceptive options there are on the market, the better. Something like over 80% of women are only aware of the Pill/condoms as an option, they wouldn't consider or indeed, don't know about, a diaphragm, coil, injection etc.

However I wouldn't rely on it as my sole method of contraception. Being honest, I wouldn't trust most guys to take the pill every day and not forget it laugh.gif Sure as it is, I have to set three reminders on different objects to remind me to take my pill, I'm that paranoid. I don't want to put the risk of falling pregnant into someone elses hands.

I'd rather take responsibility MYSELF for taking the pill.

But I'm the type that believes in two forms of contraception, at least for a while into your relationship (ie, in my case, pills + male condom). I don't see contraception as something that's entirely up to one person, but me personally, I view it as my responsibility. Cos worst case scenario, I'm the one that would end up with a baby growing inside me. Not exactly what I need right now.

(as it said just for men, didn't vote in poll smile.gif )

Good girl smile.gif Very smart.

Autumn Breeze

Autumn Breeze

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band The Cure
  • Fav Song Cut Here
yea hes like dude im wearing skin tight condoms now and i like dumb ass then there just going to break xD

Rellik San

Rellik San

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts
QUOTE (Objet_Trouve @ Mar 30 2009, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OH FUCK! That's awesome. I seriously kept registering it as vasectomy. I had no idea I was THAT exausted last night. I've had a headcold the past few days, and it's been screwing with my sleep schedule. That's funny that I knew exactly what you were talking about.

It's true. I saw a woman in wal-mart once, she let her baby throw up all over herself. This is when I entered Wal-Mart. 10 minutes later, I got in line, and she was right fucking in front of me. Her baby was screaming and covered in puke still. She slapped the baby's hand and told her not to "misbhave like that in public", and everyone in line said something to her. The old lady behind me started crying after the mom left for a new lane, and I had to hold her.

I hate young parents to. Sometimes....I hate ever thinking I could wish for a natural disaster, but those people shouldn't be raising kids!! And those poor fucking kids don't deserve this shit.

See its the power of the force. ;D

Anyway, welcome to the free-radical thinking society, extreme methods, for extreme people, get the job done, quickly, quietly and efficiently.

There should be some kind of social aptitude/parental nature test administered to all people before they have a child, if they fail and are already pregnant, well then the following methods, either abortion or you give the child to a couple who passed the test but can't conceive naturally. Its a system that means everyone wins.

e the e

e the e

I don't care much.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,677 posts
If I was a man I wouldn't take it. I have issues with pills. Because of a personal experience they terrify me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users