Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Should We Go With Gay Marriage? Or Should It Just Be Called Love?

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
183 replies to this topic

Poefan's Prophet

Poefan's Prophet

The Thread Killer

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Wisconsin
  • Fav Band Fall Out Boy
QUOTE (Erin the Exuberant @ Apr 13 2009, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep yep.

But I do know of some churches that are actually really good.

Ones that offer "hospitality". smile.gif

Mki Valentine

Mki Valentine

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts
i dont really care what you call it...for me its the same.

Cykosis

Cykosis

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Iowa
  • Fav Band ----
  • Fav Song -----
Doesn't matter what its called, personally. It's all the same, imo.

e the e

e the e

I don't care much.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,677 posts
Yeah but not all churches are against it. Just the mego religious psycho ones.

I know a bunch of church people that support it.

You wouldn't be forcing them to do anything. If me and June want to get married, we sure aint going to one of those strict places.
We'd go to a church that was nice and supported it.
We would't be forcing any body.

It just goes back to the whole discriminating because of sexuality in my opinion.
People want the same thing. They want to be able to do the same things.
Idk.

sentient

sentient

Fascist

• Legacy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,293 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band dropkick murphys
QUOTE (Sarcastic_Guy @ Apr 14 2009, 06:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
a threesome between your man and another lesbian?

A girl can dream biggrin.gif

Sarcastic_Guy

Sarcastic_Guy

Nooch

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band something random
hell, I'll bet so can he!

Existentialism

Existentialism

Slow motion accident.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,081 posts
  • Country
  • US State:California
  • Fav Band Cassino
  • Fav Song Chesterfield King
QUOTE (.Melancholic.Serenade. @ Apr 13 2009, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I used to think gays should be able to get married. Then somone brought to my attention marrige is a religious ceremony, and if the religion is against homosexuality, then you shouldn't force you views and try to change a religion, however backwards the religion may be. I am not against gays at all, but they should have their own title/ceremony for it, as well as atheist and the like. Out of respect, I guess.

My thoughts exactly.

QUOTE (sentient @ Apr 13 2009, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I support gay marriage wholeheartedly.

I'm going to a lesbian wedding this summer, I'm very excited. I've never been to one! AND, like all good weddings, it's open bar - so who knows where the night will lead me? laugh.gif

I went to one not too long ago as well.
Fun xD

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

Eltit Rebmem

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,103 posts
It doesn't bother me. tongue.gif I think it should be their decision to make.

Wretch

Wretch

Barbarian

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,209 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band .
  • Fav Song .
QUOTE (Erin the Exuberant @ Apr 14 2009, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah but not all churches are against it. Just the mego religious psycho ones.

I know a bunch of church people that support it.

You wouldn't be forcing them to do anything. If me and June want to get married, we sure aint going to one of those strict places.
We'd go to a church that was nice and supported it.
We would't be forcing any body.

It just goes back to the whole discriminating because of sexuality in my opinion.
People want the same thing. They want to be able to do the same things.
Idk.

Yeah but even if the church is cool with it, the religion its self is not. I personally wouldn't want to be bonded by somthing that hated my kind. Which is why I think us agnostics, atheist, gays, and whatever else should get a different ceremony that's exaclty to same as marrige, but not religious. Hell, it even says the government isn't allowed to be based around one religion, so it should be a neutral thing anyway.

e the e

e the e

I don't care much.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,677 posts
Yeah but the religion isn't against it. At least I don't think there is.
Just the uber ones.

Brandon.

Brandon.

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Country
  • US State:New Hampshire
  • Fav Band this is it
QUOTE (Erin the Exuberant @ Apr 14 2009, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah but the religion isn't against it. At least I don't think there is.
Just the uber ones.

Nope. I did a tad bit of research and all my sources says there is no specific reference to gay marriage.

I'd guess the whole thing stems from God saying gay sex was 'detestable' in Leviticus. Disregarding all 'punishments' in the Old Testament (because of Jesus'), the worst homosexuality can be is a sin. So the people who are against it probably think by allowing gay marriage, we are promoting homosexuality because it is sinful. In that respect, we should also stop adulterers, murderers, and Bill Gates from getting married. He owes me for Windows Vista. Piece of shit.

Existentialism

Existentialism

Slow motion accident.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,081 posts
  • Country
  • US State:California
  • Fav Band Cassino
  • Fav Song Chesterfield King
If homosexuality is not a sin, why are there instances in the Bible showing God's disapproval of it?
The concept of "homosexuality" as we know it doesn't seem to be clearly addressed in the Bible. Certain sexual practices are addressed, it's true, and these are clearly labeled as sin. But there is no reason to believe that even these practices are more sinful than the more "respectable sins," such as pride (which was the sin that changed Lucifer to Satan), gossip, envy, arrogance, injustice, malice, disloyalty to parents, lack of pity or love.

Paul suggests that "you therefore have no defense -- you who sit in judgment, whoever you may be -- for in judging your fellow-man, you condemn yourself, since you, the judge, are equally guilty." Romans 2:1

Religious freaks interpret the bible in their own mind warped way.

e the e

e the e

I don't care much.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,677 posts
See?
So really religion isn't against it.
Just the hypocritical tosspots.

Newt the Digger

Newt the Digger

Member or something.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Florida
QUOTE (XSoftxSilenceX @ Apr 14 2009, 11:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If homosexuality is not a sin, why are there instances in the Bible showing God's disapproval of it?
The concept of "homosexuality" as we know it doesn't seem to be clearly addressed in the Bible. Certain sexual practices are addressed, it's true, and these are clearly labeled as sin. But there is no reason to believe that even these practices are more sinful than the more "respectable sins," such as pride (which was the sin that changed Lucifer to Satan), gossip, envy, arrogance, injustice, malice, disloyalty to parents, lack of pity or love.

love is a sin? y?

Riley

Riley

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Ohio
  • Fav Band 3 Oh! 3
  • Fav Song FireFlies
Haha wow now iI see why we talk about it in one of my debate classes haha.
I personally think they should be allowed....and its not that we are forcing it upon others religion to let us and we wnt every right heterosexuals do- its just to me- like a way of saying I love you forever and so oothers can know too.....but if everyone doesnt think it shouldnt be allowed in todays society, gays will be a contineum of a minority group with todays norms. haha but again I like to say im neutral

Brandon.

Brandon.

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band this is it
QUOTE (XxLeftInTheColdxX @ Apr 15 2009, 06:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
love is a sin? y?

I think it's specifically the sex that's a sin, man laying with a man and all that jazz. As we all know, sex and love are two completely different things.

.::Skrillex::.

.::Skrillex::.

"My body is yours, and I want to feel you breathing me"

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts
  • Location:Under the white, where no blood runs and no hearts beat
  • Country
  • US State:Rhode Island
  • Fav Band Sonny Moore
  • Fav Song Glow Worm by Sonny Moore
.Melancholic.Serenade. I sort of agree with you, but that the same time you can't take a book that was written so long ago so seriously and literally. The same part of the bible that says if man lies with another man it is an abomination says that if a woman is not a virgin on her wedding day she should be brought to her fathers house and be stoned to death. We certainly don't take that seriously, do we?

And also, it does not say anywhere that you have to be wed in a church. &There are many religions other than the catholic religion, and there are religions that do accept homosecuality. So we cannot base this whole debate on only the catholic church.

Personally, if gay marriage was legal I may or may not get married. If two people were truly in love and cared for one another than they wouldn't need a huge party for it, and they wouldn't need a paper making it officail.

!..X..EmoChica..X..!

!..X..EmoChica..X..!

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
QUOTE (Riley @ Apr 13 2009, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sooooo lets make this simple, some people believe that gays should not have the right to marry. And on the other hand some gays think that they should. What about yoooooou?
Is love important enough to get married and and stay in love with someone? Or should those who want to marry (gay) stay in the darkness?
Just curious...

mmk well me personally i think dat if dey want to get married den dey should i guess nd i dont really understand why ppl dont want gay ppl to get married i mean like just becuz they are gay doesnt mean there rights have to changed.....im not gay or anything dats just my point of view

Chrizz Pach

Chrizz Pach

The most annoying guy on EC

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Asking Alexandria
  • Fav Song Holy Diver-Dio
Seriously

Attached Files

Brandon.

Brandon.

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band this is it
QUOTE (Medicinal Reality @ Apr 15 2009, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
.Melancholic.Serenade. I sort of agree with you, but that the same time you can't take a book that was written so long ago so seriously and literally. The same part of the bible that says if man lies with another man it is an abomination says that if a woman is not a virgin on her wedding day she should be brought to her fathers house and be stoned to death. We certainly don't take that seriously, do we?

And also, it does not say anywhere that you have to be wed in a church. &There are many religions other than the catholic religion, and there are religions that do accept homosecuality. So we cannot base this whole debate on only the catholic church.

Personally, if gay marriage was legal I may or may not get married. If two people were truly in love and cared for one another than they wouldn't need a huge party for it, and they wouldn't need a paper making it officail.

Like I said, there is nothing in the Bible about gay marriage specifically. It's all based on what people assume, and I'm sure you know about what happens when you assume.

As for the stoning thing, The Old Testament rules stand - punishments do not. That's why Christ died.

For as long as religion holds on to archaic ideology, gay people can't get married. Like I said about my dad and step-mother signing a piece of paper and that's all. A Priest would not marry them, so it had be done by a Justice of the Peace or some shit like that. I'm not a fan of it, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. I think what should be worked on is upgrading Civil Unions and changing some people though process when it comes to what they think God wants.

A civil union may not be too exciting, but it doesn't change the fact that you are married or whatever they call it in a civil union.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users