Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Legos

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

Sarcastic_Guy

Sarcastic_Guy

Nooch

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band something random
I like Legos. I'm a grown man who thinks legos are some of the best toys ever created.

Let me list the reasons why I find legos so awesome.

1. the minifigs.

I know that the minifigs, strictly speaking, should be considered not lego proper but an accessory to it. But dammit I do love me some minifigs to help run my tabletop games. Plus, have you guys seen some of the custom stuff people came up with these little things?

for example

2. the rummaging process

trying to find that perfect piece for that crucial portion of the build you're working on, and finally finding it? Shit, even though you KNOW you'd find it eventually, every time I do, it's like I found a little piece of treasure that I shouldn't have.

3. the sheer creative sparks

with enough creativity and a bit of planning, what you can do with it are limitless.

4. fortresses

I know, I know, "using legos to build fortresses?!? say it ain't so!" Yes, it's not entirely original, but I just love it when I see somebody put together some awesome fortresses using lego pieces.

5. mechs

I'm a sucker for all things mech related. Legos are uniquely suitable for creating just that.

There are just too many more reasons why I think legos are awesome. But I think that'll do for now. Are you a lego enthusiast?

xAAAx

xAAAx

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band .
  • Fav Song .
I never had any of the "special" lego sets. they werre laways too darn expensive, but the kids I babysit have nearly every star wars lego set ever created, in the recent past at least

Sarcastic_Guy

Sarcastic_Guy

Nooch

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts
  • Country
well, the more recent lego sets have kind of gone into the territory of "action figures" rather then just general legos, if you ask me. A lot of the special pieces that you get in the later lego sets tend to be so specialized that you really can only use it for one purpose. The star wars figures were not all that bad, but the later stuff like the Harry Potter set, the Batman set, etc, have become entirely too specialized for my liking.

And yes, the prices are friggin' obscene. That's why if I ever start collecting again, I'd probably buy the builder set that has only basic color pieces, but are significantly cheaper than the franchise sets.

Rellik San

Rellik San

Adorably Bitter And Angry Cabbit!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts
Damn kids, Lego should bring back its own Sci-Fi brand, the one with the Space Police, Ice Planet and stuff. Cos those were awesome kits.

Sarcastic_Guy

Sarcastic_Guy

Nooch

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts
  • Country
oh man, space police and ice planet were awesome sets. Definitely played a lot better into the whole "pulp sci-fi" aesthetics instead of this new "anime mech" direction.

Rellik San

Rellik San

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts
Yeah Lego does anime... I think I've seen one kit I like, and thats cos its essentially a giant booster rocket, and who really doesn't like giant booster rockets?

Sarcastic_Guy

Sarcastic_Guy

Nooch

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts
  • Country
well, I do, but I'm totally compensating.

Rellik San

Rellik San

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts
Big booster rockets so do not count for compensating.

Big booster rockets so do not count for compensating.

Sarcastic_Guy

Sarcastic_Guy

Nooch

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts
  • Country
the message is so important, I need to read it TWICE.

heh... back in the day when I used to game a lot, I used to have my guys build their minifigs and whatever accessories they might need for the board. But then this got out of hand when they all just ended up playing with the legos instead of actually focusing on the game. I guess inside every gamer there's a 10 year old kid still dying to play with legos.

Algernon

Algernon

Immer nach Hause

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,554 posts
QUOTE (Sarcastic_Guy @ Jun 1 2009, 12:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the message is so important, I need to read it TWICE.

heh... back in the day when I used to game a lot, I used to have my guys build their minifigs and whatever accessories they might need for the board. But then this got out of hand when they all just ended up playing with the legos instead of actually focusing on the game. I guess inside every gamer there's a 10 year old kid still dying to play with legos.

It's a good way to gauge the intensity and fun of your campaign, though: if your players are building towers with two or three dice, there's not really a problem. If they're going out to buy more dice so they can finish their Eiffel Dice Tower, it's time for a random encounter.

I used to have so much fun with Lego, especially the pirates and the space police and the blacktron. Good old days, good old days. sad.gif

Rellik San

Rellik San

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts
And the worst bit is... all this is lost on those damn kids out in the forum. sad.gif

e the e

e the e

I don't care much.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,677 posts
I love legos!
But sadly my mom won't let me buy any new sets. So I'm stuck with the old stuff.

Sarcastic_Guy

Sarcastic_Guy

Nooch

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts
  • Country
the old stuff is the good stuff, Erin. Trust me. the new stuff is... well... other than the builder sets, the rest are nothing to write home about except for being REALLY expensive.

Rellik San

Rellik San

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts
Although for all our talk about that Sarcastic Guy, we both know we would spend the 300+ on this:

And yes, that is to scale with the minifigs.

Sarcastic_Guy

Sarcastic_Guy

Nooch

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts
  • Country
well, when I first started, I only allot 200 bucks to myself for this.

But had I given myself say, 1000... I would have bought the millennium falcon and this

Algernon

Algernon

Immer nach Hause

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,554 posts
Fuck your Falcon. Blacktron rocks.

Sarcastic_Guy

Sarcastic_Guy

Nooch

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts
  • Country
*sniff* it's just too beautiful..

Rellik San

Rellik San

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts
I want the original and second generation police/blacktron sets again. *sniffs*

Algernon

Algernon

Immer nach Hause

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,554 posts
So do I, friend, so do I.

*whimpers dolefully in a corner*

I think I'm turning into a LegoEmo.

Rellik San

Rellik San

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts
No no, we want original lego, so it'd be legogoth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users