Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Im Scared

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

xXI Cry Blood For YouXx

xXI Cry Blood For YouXx

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Country
  • US State:New Jersey
  • Fav Band Bullet for my valentine
  • Fav Song All that I've got by the Used
Im gay, but my school is very predjudice. how do i come out?

Resonance.

Resonance.

Too cold to shiver.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,495 posts
Do you feel ready to come out?

There's nothing set in stone saying you have to, dude. Only do it when you're comfortable.
You don't have to tell everyone either- best to start with the people you trust the most.

We can't really tell you how to either, at the end of the day it's your decision.
Maybe bring LGBT issues up into conversation, or if you don't want to say it directly write a letter or email or something.

Good luck, whatever you decide.

AleXx.

AleXx.

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Your mum
Do you have any gay friends?
If you do, i'd suggest coming out to them.
Its more comfortable knowing that they are in the exact situation as you and that they wont judge you.
If not, tell a teacher at your school, see a counsellor. There are many options.
Dont announce it to everyone at your school, you could regret it.

Jun

Jun

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Depeche Mode
Well, I'll echo the thoughts that you should wait until you're ready.

Graduate high school, and you'll realize that your entire world will open up.

suffering

suffering

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
QUOTE (AleXx. @ Jun 15 2009, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you have any gay friends?
If you do, i'd suggest coming out to them.
Its more comfortable knowing that they are in the exact situation as you and that they wont judge you.
If not, tell a teacher at your school, see a counsellor. There are many options.
Dont announce it to everyone at your school, you could regret it.

I'd go with this, exept for the consellor or teacher bit. Maybe it's because of bad past experiences, but when I tried to come out with my bisexuality they just couldn't help me one bit.

You could always start of with close friends, since if you know the person then they are less likely to react in a bad way. When you've first have gotten some acceptance it will all feel much better.
As for the school as a whole, if they are so prejudiced, just don't let everyone there know.

Pumpkin King Zachy~*`

Pumpkin King Zachy~*`

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
I wouldn't try a teacher....And some skool counsellors can't be trusted either. A best friend, some one you REALLY trust to keep it a secret. Tell someone, even a close friend, that can't keep a secret and they might tell the wrong person who might tell the world. My friend made that mistake and his 8th grade year was hell because hes Bi, and of course the rednecks just count that as gay. My MOTHER saw a guy from my skool at dollar general and he TOLD HER HE WAS Gay. No reason, just wanted to make sure she knew. Given our friends are pretty sure hes just gay and their is no part of him that wants a chick.Anywho So just be careful, and maybe you should just wait, for the right time, if its something you feel you HAVE to do then guess you should, but if you're not pressured to do it then just wait. And the E-MAIL thing could go horibly wrong, heard quite a few stories about ppl accidentally sending something like that to the wrong person, like a family member or some untrusted person...

e the e

e the e

I don't care much.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,677 posts
QUOTE (Beth? @ Jun 15 2009, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you feel ready to come out?

There's nothing set in stone saying you have to, dude. Only do it when you're comfortable.
You don't have to tell everyone either- best to start with the people you trust the most.

We can't really tell you how to either, at the end of the day it's your decision.
Maybe bring LGBT issues up into conversation, or if you don't want to say it directly write a letter or email or something.

Good luck, whatever you decide.

This.

We can't really help you out a whole lot with the how/when/where or whatever.
Only you know your situation/life and can make the best judgement off it.

Lostnbrokenhearted4ever

Lostnbrokenhearted4ever

The Damned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
"Coming out" and "Accepting it and living with it"
Are two complete different things.
You dont nessecarily need to go and tell the world "I'm gay" or whatever.
Just be yourself. Dont let other people decide and shape who you are.

Puck Kaos

Puck Kaos

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
wow....i remember tryng to tell my mom i was BI(i told her 3 months ago) and i remember i spent like 6 months getting the courage todo it and i did and everything was ok. but when i tryed it at school a lot of people judged me and wont talk to me, but the way i se it is that if they dont like you because ur gay then FORGET them. thay arent ur friends. they are losers without a life and thats that.

hope this helps
good luck^_^

NicoleAgnetti

NicoleAgnetti

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Arizona
  • Fav Band good charlotte
  • Fav Song im not sure
well only come out when u want to. theirs noone forceing u to or not to. prejudice makes me sick. if someone was gay at my school and was getting bashed. i sure as hell wont sit there and watch. people have a right to like whoever they want. and there are alot of people who will accept u. thats when u know who ur real friends are happy.gif

Luna Exmortis

Luna Exmortis

Stupid girl.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Thrice
Just don't let the predjudice people bother you. Surely you'll have friends there.

Riley

Riley

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Ohio
  • Fav Band 3 Oh! 3
  • Fav Song FireFlies
hmm just do it, when you of course feel comfortable =)
no rush....but make sure you have people that will back ya up =)
either way just do it...that way you wont keep it botteled up all the time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users