Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Enjoy Being Single

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
118 replies to this topic

Lostnbrokenhearted4ever

Lostnbrokenhearted4ever

The Damned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Enjoy being single. Relationships aren't serious at all untill both members are definetly looking forward to marriage. (Not fantasies about marrying either).
Relationships in Junior and High School are merely status and not normally serious at all. You're bf/gf broke up with you?
Suck it up. No need to act like the world is ending. Alot of people cannot accept that what is done is done, so rather they cling onto it and never let it go. Which makes themselves depressed. Relationships during those times normally end up in shit anyway. I don't know why people can't see that. Plus people who hate being single. Trust me, it's better to be single and happy. Than to have a beautiful GF/BF and be miserable.

"Give away the stone, let the waters, kiss and transmute these leaden grudges into gold..."

Brunettesrule1000:
Guys, 2 threads were accidentally merged. I've seperated the first posts, but please be aware that several replies in this thread relate to my "How to get over him/her topic". It's because I can't move peoples posts into where they should be, so just ignore it, if it seems out of place, it's for that reason.

Imagine

Imagine

Hopeless Romantic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
Ummm, yeah, I agree mostly... I think you don't need to be in a relationship to be happy... But I think it helps... =)

Lostnbrokenhearted4ever

Lostnbrokenhearted4ever

The Damned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Which they don't. Having a BF/GF doesn't mean happiness. Hell, normally it means more problems.

e the e

e the e

I don't care much.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,677 posts
Me and Junebug are moving to Canada!

Lostnbrokenhearted4ever

Lostnbrokenhearted4ever

The Damned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
QUOTE (E x u b e r a n c e @ Feb 24 2009, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Me and Junebug are moving to Canada!

I don't think 15 yards counts as moving.

e the e

e the e

I don't care much.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,677 posts
Pssssh we be livin down in southern Wisconsin. More like 20 yards.

AFC.

AFC.

Edge.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Parkway Drive.
  • Fav Song Horizons.
I agree for the most part, most relationships in high school last usually up to 3 months, some people though manage to stay together longer, and maybe even get married. For example, my parents (but they split up last year) anyway, this is mostly true, and the "OMG MY BF BROKE UP WITH ME" threads are getting really annoying and could be classified as spam.

Lostnbrokenhearted4ever

Lostnbrokenhearted4ever

The Damned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Maybe it's just generations changing.
It seems like this generation is more of people who can't move on.
When my relationship went to shit? "Sucks, time to move on".

Rellik San

Rellik San

Adorably Bitter And Angry Cabbit!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts
Girls/Guys are like beers, sure there are plenty in the fridge, but why stick with one brand, experiment a bit, try new flavours and styles. If you accidently break one or don't like the taste, then its no big whoop, just get a new one.

Imagine

Imagine

Hopeless Romantic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts
QUOTE (Rellik San @ Feb 25 2009, 03:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Girls/Guys are like beers, sure there are plenty in the fridge, but why stick with one brand, experiment a bit, try new flavours and styles. If you accidently break one or don't like the taste, then its no big whoop, just get a new one.

wow, deep... ^.^

anyways, some relationships do only cause troubles... others are enjoyable... but it generally feels good having someone by your side =) though i do agree, you don't necesarily need that to be happy... =)

Sarcastic_Guy

Sarcastic_Guy

Nooch

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band something random
I personally think it's generally a better idea to get your own shit together before you go out and try to make someone else miserable too.

sentient

sentient

Fascist

• Legacy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,293 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band dropkick murphys
I don't understand the need to be in a fully committed relationship in middle/highschool. I had a fucking BLAST dating around. It was great.... really helped me figure out what I wanted in a guy, and more than that, what I was willing to give. Plus, all the practice with different kissing styles helped me hone my own laugh.gif

Sarcastic_Guy

Sarcastic_Guy

Nooch

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band something random
fuck, I was a total nerd and late bloomer, most of my dating years didn't really come around until college. In hindsight though, that was probably a good thing. I was so awkward back then I barely had enough social grace when I was single, let alone when I was with someone.

teaboy

teaboy

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Nightwish/Tarja Turunen
  • Fav Song Nightwish - Nemo
felt pretty crap when my ex left me for a couple of days, all good now, enjoying complete and utter freedom, really isnt a downside biggrin.gif

sentient

sentient

Fascist

• Legacy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,293 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band dropkick murphys
QUOTE (Sarcastic_Guy @ Feb 25 2009, 05:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fuck, I was a total nerd and late bloomer, most of my dating years didn't really come around until college. In hindsight though, that was probably a good thing. I was so awkward back then I barely had enough social grace when I was single, let alone when I was with someone.

I was totally an outsider in highschool too. I had my own little circle of friends in school... but most of my social interaction and all of my dating was done with people outside of school. I dated the assholes, the over-confident idiots who really have nothing to be so cocky about (this is where the US Navy came in laugh.gif)... By the time I hit university, I was all about the geeks and nerds <3 The really, unbelievably sweet guys, with understated good looks and a sharp sense of humour and intelligence.

Of course, dating a nerd has its downfalls too. My first serious boyfriend in university dumped me for WoW. That sucked.

But that's okay, I upgraded, and am very happy with my current model biggrin.gif <3

Balefire

Balefire

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts
So I was on a cruise once, and my GFs real father died. She decided to blame me for not being there WHEN he died, and broke up with me. What'd I do? I got shit faced drunk and fucked a stranger. I was 16. Go me. =P

Oh, and that was my FIRST GF. So yea.

Kizinsky

Kizinsky

Fuck me I'm sick.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
Hm, that's a nice story Captain.
Personally, I've been in love with a girl for 5 years.... since BEFORE highschool.
I'm almost done with highschool and about to move into my adult life, and we're still happy and in love smile.gif
I would marry this girl if I wasn't this young, y'kno. She would marry me too, I think five years is a long enough time?
It IS to me but I'm still going to wait a few more to ever pop the question. Only because I know that there's more years to come.
Although, it's a one in a million you find your soulmate in highschool. I still have my doubts because everyone still says it's just a dumb teenage relationship.
But after five years I don't see why I see any doubt. We're going to get marryed one day.

I technically got with my soulmate in 7th grade (if she is) tongue.gif

Emo Chick Ellie

Emo Chick Ellie

Delicate Snowflake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
This is soooo true!!

Kizinsky

Kizinsky

Fuck me I'm sick.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
I agree with the brunette. mostly, I mean it's time for development. Not time for getting married and having kids and a white picket fence... (Although for me the kid part.... already happened.)
If anything I know more than anyone that you shouldn't just have sex with people, and fuck them and yeah. all that shit. Staying single is probably the best because it keeps your dick safe. It also prevents teenage pregnancy.
I hate how kids these days think having sex is the way to show someone how much you "love" them.
When really, sex just show's how perverse you are.
IDk why I brought that up... I just needed to rant about slutty kids not keepin their shit in their pants.
Because I didn't keep my shit in my pants and now I can't even see my own kid 5 days a week.
So kids, If you don't want to have a daughter you barely see, or child support, or the fucking clap.
Keep your rod in it's fishing case!
Lol
A much needed rant.

Kizinsky

Kizinsky

Fuck me I'm sick.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
QUOTE (brunettesrule1000 @ Feb 25 2009, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmmm I agree with you, but you're confusing having sex with being single. You can have lots of sex, yet still be single, if thats what you want.

The important thing, if that's what you're doing, is to keep yourself protected. Particularly for girls, if they are having sex and DONT want to get pregnant, going on the pill, having the injection, or a diaphragm is important as hell, as WELL as using a condom. Sure, we can bitch and moan about it beings guy's responsibility just as much as ours, but like it or not, they can fuck off and leave you with a lil baba in your stomach.

+ regular STD checks.

Sorry, I've had that rant in my head. Vor's thread has apparently become my outlet to rant about sex laugh.gif

Sex is not necessary in every relationship when you're 13, 14, 15 etc. It's not something you HAVE to do, it's a choice and should only be done when both people are ready, agreed + protected etc.

But back on topic, being single is great if you don't whine and feel sorry for yourself and are open to new people.... Plus it lets you be as flirty as you want! biggrin.gif

Yeah that's why I said IDK why I brought this up, I basicly changed the topic right quick tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users