Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pm Me When Curvy Is Beautiful Again.

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

pinkeye

pinkeye

*poops on u*

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Michigan
  • Fav Band say anything
I just don't understand it. It seems like only the skinny girls with the perfectly flat tummies are the ones who are considered beautiful or pretty.
But if a girl is curvy or a has some extra weight, she's considered fat.

To me, there isn't really anything attractive about a skeletal figure, but that's what you see in fashion catalogs and runways.
To me, girls who actually have a BODY are beautiful. Girls with curves, butts, hips, tummies... a little chubby even. That is what I consider to be beautiful.

What do you guys think?

AFC.

AFC.

Edge.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Parkway Drive.
  • Fav Song Horizons.
Curvy's been sexy always.

Wretch

Wretch

Barbarian

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,209 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band .
  • Fav Song .
Curvy is cool, but there's always a limit. Really skinny is no good either.

Luna Exmortis

Luna Exmortis

Stupid girl.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Thrice
Curvy has always been beautiful, deep down.

It's mainly modeling industries that don't like curvy.

Same with short people.

They want tall skeletal figures.

St Jimmy

St Jimmy

Sitting at home with his 100 cats

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
QUOTE (Forever..Yours @ Jul 6 2009, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just don't understand it. It seems like only the skinny girls with the perfectly flat tummies are the ones who are considered beautiful or pretty.

To me, there isn't really anything attractive about a skeletal figure, but that's what you see in fashion catalogs and runways.
To me, girls who actually have a BODY are beautiful. Girls with curves, butts, hips, tummies... a little chubby even. That is what I consider to be beautiful.

What do you guys think?

Oh please I find anime more realistic than fashion catalogs :/ (guess what im doing while i write this? tongue.gif)
I hate to skinny...which is kinda ironic as ive been told im too skinny :S
But seriously I would be afraid i would break some of them...they look like a strong wind would break them in half..

Cause its cute..

The Shining

The Shining

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
QUOTE (Forever..Yours @ Jul 6 2009, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What do you guys think?

Well as many already have said curves are sexy. However according to scientific studies it's been shown that people were attracted to different things in different periods of time. During th last ice age people looked for the fattest woman because she would be able to support a baby or two which was very important to the group of people.

However I guess that skinnier has become more ppoular in the West because people know they have food or enough money to buy food. At least most do.

However I personally love curves. I like that women aren't skin and bones.

Sarcastic_Guy

Sarcastic_Guy

Nooch

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band something random

Mr. Hahn

Mr. Hahn

Where's my JD and Coke you fraker!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,817 posts
Curves are FTW!

----------------
Now playing: Avenged sevenfold - Seize the day

e the e

e the e

I don't care much.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,677 posts
A girl can be skinny and have curves.

June has a flat stomach that I love, but she's not dealthly skinny. She eats a lot[lol], but she stays thin. she's got curves and a flat stomach.

I'm not as attracted to grils with meat on their bones. I can't help it, I'm just more attracted to skinny girls.
That doesn't mean they aren't beautiful, just means they arent my type.

The Shining

The Shining

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
QUOTE (Erin the Exuberant @ Jul 6 2009, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A girl can be skinny and have curves.

June has a flat stomach that I love, but she's not dealthly skinny. She eats a lot[lol], but she stays thin. she's got curves and a flat stomach.

I'm not as attracted to grils with meat on their bones. I can't help it, I'm just more attracted to skinny girls.
That doesn't mean they aren't beautiful, just means they arent my type.

Who is this June, and I assume it was supposed to say girls with meat on their bones. How much would be too much for you? I'm just confused here because you say you like skinny girls but not deathly skinny girls.

*sigh* I need a hookah NOW!

e the e

e the e

I don't care much.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,677 posts
June is my girlfriend.

If the girl looks like she's starving, then I'm a bit turned off. If the girl is chubby, I'm turned off.

Sarcastic_Guy

Sarcastic_Guy

Nooch

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts
  • Country
well, I heard from somewhere that most american women's ideal is a size 8, most american women are actually size 16, and most american men prefer women around size 12. So... if that's any indication of anything.

The Shining

The Shining

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
QUOTE (Mrs.NoQuarter @ Jul 7 2009, 02:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Different men find different things attractive. There are men who will only find curvy women attractive, there are men who only find thin women attractive.

I think it also depends on the woman. Some women suit having curves, some naturally have an athletic on thin frame.

As for what the beauty industry prefers, well that varies obviously but it's pretty much nearly always tall, thin women. Some have speculated that because a lot of fashion designers are gay men (major fashion houses), they chose models who are thin and therefore resemble a more masculine silhouette. Of course that is pure speculation but I thought it was an interesting theory.
It's also because sample sizes are made in such tiny sizes, though I think the size 0 or 00 trend has gone too far, as no matter what anyone says, that is not a natural look for anyone that is eating healthily.

I personally think most women look better curvy naturally. That is what we are meant to look like - hourglass.

When you think about it, women who are admired have generally been curvy, women like Sophia Lauren, Marilyn Monroe - dubbed the most beautiful woman ever to live. But likewise, so has Audrey Hepburn, a women with a much slimmer frame.

So really, everyone has different tastes.
Also, apparently when looking for a life partner men look for hip to waist ratio - it's a sign of how good we're gonna be at conceiving.

I don't get it. How can 0 even exist? It means you don't exist!

Sarcastic_Guy

Sarcastic_Guy

Nooch

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts
  • Country
wikipedia to the rescue!

Kellbell

Kellbell

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,806 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Slipknot
  • Fav Song Wait and Bleed
QUOTE (Forever..Yours @ Jul 6 2009, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What do you guys think?

I don't find girls with no meat on them that attractive at all.
The bolded part I agree with. I have got curves and I love them. I can't see why girls go to the extra effort to make sure that slim as hell like the girls on the catwalks these days.

Opinicus

Opinicus

None of us are virgins, life has screwed us all

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Snow Patrol
Hey hey hey!
I don't think super skinny girls are attractive.
Ive been attracted to big girls. Well, not big big girls, but girls who have a little somethin somethin.
I saw this lady in a train once and she was average and my my was i hooked on staring at her.
She was gorgeous.

But, my gf atm is pretty skinny. To skinny if you ask me.

Rellik San

Rellik San

Adorably Bitter And Angry Cabbit!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts
O HAI!

U shud c mah bootiful ex's potenshals/nerly galfrindz

nah

nah

nah

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,623 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band you
  • Fav Song you
What about those who can't help but be skinny? I eat ALL the time, i've never dieted etc, yet i don't put on weight. It isn't my fault. :/
Plus, my best friend is very curvy, but she's gorgeous and every guy that knows her fancies her. But she thinks she's fat and envies my figure. o.O

djwolford

djwolford

EC Grammar Nazi

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,696 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Alabama
  • Fav Band Tool
  • Fav Song The Pot-Tool
Curvy was never beautiful to begin with, thus says djwolford.

The Shining

The Shining

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
QUOTE (Forzare! @ Jul 7 2009, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What about those who can't help but be skinny? I eat ALL the time, i've never dieted etc, yet i don't put on weight. It isn't my fault. :/
Plus, my best friend is very curvy, but she's gorgeous and every guy that knows her fancies her. But she thinks she's fat and envies my figure. o.O

I know some people that are like that as well, but hell skinny people can look good as well. Not too skinny though.

And people with even the slightest extra on their body will envy people who are skinny.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users