Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

All Guys Are Dicks...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
117 replies to this topic

♥Lexxtasy Fix!♥

♥Lexxtasy Fix!♥

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
So.. I was dating this guy for about seven months and today he broke up with me. Reason: He just wanted to be single.. i feel horrible... i always fuck everything up.. its my fault. its all my fault. Everything always is. I should just die. I thought him and I would be together longer.... shoot me.

ApostleTheCat

ApostleTheCat

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
no such thing as"because i wanted to be single"....theres another girl.

♥Lexxtasy Fix!♥

♥Lexxtasy Fix!♥

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
i know that.. and hes a fuckin dick for not telling me the truth... but i know somehow its my fault...

ApostleTheCat

ApostleTheCat

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
HE doesnt deserve you

Sarcastic_Guy

Sarcastic_Guy

Nooch

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band something random
must. not. fap... to OP's sorrow....

AFC.

AFC.

Edge.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Parkway Drive.
  • Fav Song Horizons.
Hello, I'm Mr.Dick.

Sarcastic_Guy

Sarcastic_Guy

Nooch

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts
  • Country
so am I. fact is, I have only a token amount of sympathy for the OP. Yeah it sucks to get dumped, but this whole "woe is me" act is not very attractive, and not very helpful for herself.

I'm going to ignore the OP's thread title because I'm sure she's just saying that out of frustration.

OP: I know getting over these things is easier said then done, but you can't let yourself wallow in this kind of thing. Regardless of WHY you broke up, the reality is that you guys are done, and there is not much you can do about it to change that. (unless whatever it is that cause you guys to break up in the first place changes)

My advice? get out of the house, and go find stuff to do. Go hang out with friends, go find a new hobby, go compulsive watch movies, go pick up painting, whatever it is, go DO something. Find a reason for you to get out of the house and moving. The faster you do that, the faster you can get on with your life.

That or you can just wallow in self-pity, and just piss us all off.

Harsh words? maybe. but you know I'm right.

♥Lexxtasy Fix!♥

♥Lexxtasy Fix!♥

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
you are right. but you can't tell me that thats what everyone does right after a breakup. Usually everyone just wallows in self pity for a while. It pisses people off? Well too bad for them. One doesn't tell others about breakups to necessarily acquire their pity, but to simply tell someone about it. After all.. it is a pretty emotional period, but you're right about some things nonetheless..

Sarcastic_Guy

Sarcastic_Guy

Nooch

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts
  • Country
Yeah, it's expected that you're gonna be wallowing for a little bit. That's fine. But there is a matter of degree and length. If you do it for too long, you'll just seem whiny and refuse to move on. and if you go too deep too quickly, people will wonder if you got some other issues that are probably more pressing.

now, this is all just about perception, and that's not really that important in the grand scheme of things. Now to me, I've been down that road enough times to know that the best you can do is just to get over it. Most people I know at my age, that's generally what they do. One of my friends gives herself maybe 3 days to get over someone and then she's back out in the world kicking butt again. that's the kind of resilience that makes you feel better about who you are.

so, not saying you CAN'T wallow. but don't stay in that funk for too long, or else you'll stop taking care of yourself and by then you'll REALLY have a hard time getting out.

finality

finality

Nigrescent Black Hole

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,517 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band .
QUOTE (♥Vanity Kitten.™ @ Jul 30 2009, 07:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you are right. but you can't tell me that thats what everyone does right after a breakup. Usually everyone just wallows in self pity for a while. It pisses people off? Well too bad for them. One doesn't tell others about breakups to necessarily acquire their pity, but to simply tell someone about it. After all.. it is a pretty emotional period, but you're right about some things nonetheless..

Wait, so you're wallowing because everyone else wallows? That makes sense.
It doesn't matter if the breakup was your fault or not, the truth is, it's over, and dwelling on 'what ifs'; what could have been; what you could have done differently... won't achieve anything now. It may take a while, but you'll have to accept that it's over, put it down to experience, and move on.

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

Eltit Rebmem

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,103 posts
ERROR.
No results found.

Did you mean "All Guys Have Dicks..."?

Lightning.

Lightning.

Zap!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,058 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Snow Patrol
  • Fav Song The Lightning Strike
He broke up with you, it's over, done.
All you can do now is think of the positives, he was a dick and you're free of him now
7 months is a long time, but you will get over him, just keep yourself busy, go out with your friends, a bit of retail therapy.
Don't wallow for longer than is necessary, people will just think you're whiny.
Do not blame yourself for him dumping you, it was his fault
And what empryean and Sarcastic guy said, they gave good advice smile.gif

Unexpect

Unexpect

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
ITT: OP isn't looking for help and advice, but rather for people to say "It wasn't your fault, your boyfriend is a meany."

Grow the fuck up.

♥Lexxtasy Fix!♥

♥Lexxtasy Fix!♥

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
QUOTE (Intoxicated @ Jul 30 2009, 04:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ERROR.
No results found.

Did you mean "All Guys Have Dicks..."?

no I meant exactly what I typed in the first place.

finality

finality

Nigrescent Black Hole

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,517 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band .
^ I choose to take offense to that.

handcuff attache case guy

handcuff attache case guy

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
QUOTE (♥Vanity Kitten.™ @ Jul 29 2009, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So.. I was dating this guy for about seven months and today he broke up with me. Reason: He just wanted to be single.. i feel horrible... i always fuck everything up.. its my fault. its all my fault. Everything always is. I should just die. I thought him and I would be together longer.... shoot me.

just remember one thing- its NOT your fault- its his fault because he must have found a new girl-

♥Lexxtasy Fix!♥

♥Lexxtasy Fix!♥

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts
QUOTE (Rendallama @ Jul 30 2009, 04:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ITT: OP isn't looking for help and advice, but rather for people to say "It wasn't your fault, your boyfriend is a meany."

Grow the fuck up.

wrong. Broken Hearts? Hello? Why else would I fuckin post this? I don't want anyones pity. I just wanted to feel understood and fyi I do want advice.

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

Eltit Rebmem

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,103 posts
QUOTE (♥Vanity Kitten.™ @ Jul 30 2009, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no I meant exactly what I typed in the first place.

Get out.

QUOTE (empyrean @ Jul 30 2009, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^ I choose to take offense to that.

So do I. She is unbelievably boring and bitchy.
Then she wonders why her boyfriend broke up with her.

QUOTE (♥Vanity Kitten.™ @ Jul 30 2009, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wrong. Broken Hearts? Hello? Why else would I fuckin post this? I don't want anyones pity. I just wanted to feel understood and fyi I do want advice.

Sure. That's exactly what you're doing...

exquisitecorpse

exquisitecorpse

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -
this is what i dont get, no offense. but like people always say you know get over them blah blah pick up some hobbies etc..
but like if she could do that so fast she probably wouldnt be posting this.
i understand how you feel smile.gif guy broke up with me after 6 months and its 3 month and i still not over him but dw it gets easier smile.gif
but ye, do go out with your friends. cas after breaking up with people you notice someothimes you depended on them too much and you missed out in a lot of fun things in the time you were dating, like seeing your friends a lot and stuff
hope you ok smile.gif
dont worry, hell soon realised what an idiot he was dear smile.gif

Kellbell

Kellbell

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,806 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Slipknot
  • Fav Song Wait and Bleed
Not all relationships last forever i'm sorry to say, which you should of known anyway. Just try to move on and stop blaming yourself for the break up. Some guys rather be single sometimes so it may not be your fault that he broke up with you.
And I don't see how this situation is any relation to the name of this topic. Not all guys are dicks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users