Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Guidelines

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Occasional_Desire

Occasional_Desire

WE WILL RISE!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,820 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Hurt
  • Fav Song Rapture
From now on I'm going to be locking any new threads with no more than a sentence in them (does not apply to members with 100 or less posts). This includes any 'Would You Date Me?' threads, if this isn't followed appropriately.There aren't many words to describe how remarkably useless they are; and they spam up the joint - If you've read the general guidelines posted in the hangout, you'll know that that isn't acceptable. You're eager enough to post and ask for friends, so you may as well add a little extra time to write something other than.. asking for friends. If you do not put in effort on your end, do not expect to see genuine responses. I've written out some guidelines, or whatever you wish to call them. Because they are GUIDELINES, you don't have to worry about being exact in following them. It's mainly to give you the gist of what should preferably be contained within an original post here.

Warning:
If you type like a retard, note it will be edited for suitable reading.
Not so much a warning, though it got your attention. I know you all learned to spell so many years ago. Utilize that skill. I guarantee something will always be said about it if it is below a certain standard.

I must also establish that whilst these are general directions of how to post positively within this board, the rules of posting overall are to be followed in any section. As mentioned in the beginning of this post. If you're unaware of these principles then it is in your best interest to read here.

Name:
Obviously you are not expected to give out your full name. In fact, if I see someone has, it will be erased immediately. Please be smarter than that. People would generally like to know the basics of who they are talking to. Wouldn't you?

I'm going to step forward and say this is relatively essential. If you don't wish to post your age, please state that this information can be found on your profile. A lot of fairly young people post here, so it's only natural that others wish to know this about you.

Other Profiles:
In case you haven't taken the time to read the other topic, I would also advise you to take a look here before you carry on. It is a waste of yours and a moderators time if you so wish to go against this. As has always been said; information should remain on your profile, or in a private message to whomever you wish to give it to. If you would like to elaborate on which other websites you belong to, please feel free to do so, without posting a link. Remember this is a public forum.

Personality Profile:
There isn't any need for an 'orientation' section, it should be made apparent in this paragraph once you explain what type of person you are looking to stalk. Preferably including an age range, gender, and what you like in a person. MUST BE EMO, is acceptable, I suppose. As long as you add detail. If you get any replies I can safely say the pair of you belong together.

About me:
You can cut this into subsections if you like. It doesn't really make a lot of difference. Here you should include a short summary about yourself. Details of your appearance are not needed, unless you are choosing not to post a photo, or don't have any uploaded. In the real world (you might be fascinated to know there is one), it is impossible to tell what someone is like just from reading a few of their interests. But considering that is entirely irrelevant, those listings will be just fine. Perhaps adding what you do in your spare time, what you'd like to do, any future goals (if you've thought that far ahead), or even minuscule things such as what bands you listen to, and what you like to watch on TV. I've seen quite a few of those, so it would be fair to say it's a little more approachable to have possible things in common with others. If you already have this written up somewhere, and can be bothered to find it. Feel free to post the link. Or direct them to your profile.

Photo:
In case you haven't a clue how to do this. (img) insert url here (/img). Remembering to convert the brackets '(' into '[' Or of course, the option of simply attaching it to the bottom of your post.

I think this is quite clear, though if you have any other inquiries a moderator will always be around to ask.

Waylander

Waylander

The Golden Boy.

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band ---
  • Fav Song ---
Nw i meik fwend?

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

Eltit Rebmem

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,103 posts
<333
Hopefully people will actually read this. It should reduce all the SPAM. This section might actually have a point now.

Occasional_Desire

Occasional_Desire

WE WILL RISE!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,820 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Hurt
  • Fav Song Rapture
Just think of all the topics I get to lock man!

e the e

e the e

I don't care much.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,677 posts
OD in charge = hawt.

Waylander

Waylander

The Golden Boy.

• Banned
  • PipPipPip