Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Featured Member - Sarcastic Guy

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

LionJess

LionJess

Mistress of Ceremonies/Jessica the Vile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,097 posts
You guys know the rules by now. Sarc doesn't have to answer questions that are too personal, too perverse or that have already been answered.

Any problems, ya know where to get in touch 

enjoy Sarc, and everyone else too 

--------------------

What are 5 goals you've set yourself on your general to-do list of life?

Do you believe that people are inherently good, or bad?

What is your middle name, if you have one?

You're in a committed relationship. Do you prefer your significant other to show you they love you with grand, sweeping gestures of romance (candles, roses, surprising you with something they took time to make for you - poems, artworks, whatever) or with quiet, little gestures of tenderness (making you your favorite meal, giving you a backrub after a long day's work etc.)?

Have you had sex before? If so, do you remember your first time as being a good experience?

If you could change one thing about yourself, physically, what would it be?

What is your favourite dessert?

Describe what a fun weekend would be for you.

What are some of your pet peeves?

When people go fishing, do you think that they should eat the fish, or that they should release it back into the water? (And 'whatever they want', 'depends how hungry they are' etc. are not valid answers - what do YOU think?)

Do you sing in the shower? Anything in particular, or just whatever's stuck in your head at that moment?

how did you pick your username and why?
If you had to meet 5 people off of EC who would it be and why?

If you could have any one superpower what would it be?

If you had to lose one sense, what would it be and why?

Are you into politics? Would you ever want to be President, or involved in the political system?

If you could change one law in your country, what would you change and why?

Do you see your morals as set in stone, or do you often change them? 

Do you believe in soul mates? If so, have you met someone you'd consider to be yours?

If there was one person you could perma ban from EC who would it be?

Lightning.

Lightning.

Zap!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,046 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Snow Patrol
  • Fav Song The Lightning Strike
Does your wife know that you regularly frequent this site?
If so does she mind?
Oh tell her I said 'hi' :3

Jun

Jun

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Depeche Mode
Speaking of "wives" - how did you know when she was "the one?"

How did you propose?

Sarcastic_Guy

Sarcastic_Guy

Nooch

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band something random
What are 5 goals you've set yourself on your general to-do list of life?
- raise my daughter to be self-sufficient, competent, confident, and ultimately an individual who can learn to make herself happy
- start a game company
- earn my MBA
- if the second one doesn't pan out, I still would like to eventually earn enough money so that my wife has the option to choose who much she wants to work.
- pick up and maintain a menagerie of skills that is too long to list.

Do you believe that people are inherently good, or bad?
This is a tough one, since I find the labels of good and bad to be at it's core, kind of empty. Human nature can sometimes amaze me in the most wonderful ways and yet at the same time human nature can also spawn some of the most debasing behaviors in existence.

What is your middle name, if you have one?
I have a middle initial H., which is actually my mother's last name.

You're in a committed relationship. Do you prefer your significant other to show you they love you with grand, sweeping gestures of romance (candles, roses, surprising you with something they took time to make for you - poems, artworks, whatever) or with quiet, little gestures of tenderness (making you your favorite meal, giving you a backrub after a long day's work etc.)?
quiet little gestures of tenderness works better for me. I mean, I LIKE the grad gestures but I can imagine myself feeling a little overwhelmed by some of this stuff.

Have you had sex before? If so, do you remember your first time as being a good experience?
.... well, I have a 17 month old daughter, so clearly yes I have had sex before. My first time was okay. We went slow, and took our time with everything. I was totally clueless as to what I was doing though.

If you could change one thing about yourself, physically, what would it be?
I would like to have more hair. I'm one of those cases that has a case of early male pattern baldness.

What is your favourite dessert?
hmm... never thought about that. Maybe a tiramisu or something... actually, I really don't know. I don't quite have a sweet tooth.

Describe what a fun weekend would be for you.
Well let's see.... I would take my family to a park where I can let my daughter run around and play at some point. I would at some point see my friends, hang out, play a couple board games, shoot the shit, eat some good food. At some point during that weekend, I'd make some sweet sweet love to me wife... That's the gist of it

What are some of your pet peeves?
people who feel the need to bolster their self-image and their self-worth through boasting annoy me to no end.

When people go fishing, do you think that they should eat the fish, or that they should release it back into the water? (And 'whatever they want', 'depends how hungry they are' etc. are not valid answers - what do YOU think?)
eat the damn thing. You've already skewered with a hook, and probably fucked it up beyond comprehension, might as well finish the job and not let it go to waste. Plus, fresh fish is awesome.

Do you sing in the shower? Anything in particular, or just whatever's stuck in your head at that moment?
nah. I might hum something that gets stuck in my head but I usually stop when I find myself doing it. (especially now a days since a lot of it tend to be children songs)

how did you pick your username and why?
when I was joining EC, I decided to pick a handle that fit my persona the most. As it turns out though, I'm not nearly as sarcastic as I thought. It was all on a whim really.

If you had to meet 5 people off of EC who would it be and why?
I generally pick people because they seem like they'd be fun to hang with.
Senti: because she's just awesome
Algernon: because he'd give me an intellectual run for my money and that's always awesome.
Rellik: because we share a lot of interests but also because I find his whole "I am God" irony schtick to be pretty funny.
NQ: for a guy whose not yet out of college, he has a pretty good head on his shoulders, and it's always inspiring to see that in young people.
Objet: because she's awesome, but also she's someone I think my wife would love to speak to as well.

If you could have any one superpower what would it be?
teleportation, the applications for that are immense

If you had to lose one sense, what would it be and why?
hearing. I can't live without my sight, and a life without good food would genuinely suck.

Are you into politics? Would you ever want to be President, or involved in the political system?
Sort of, in that I like to read and talk about it every so often. But I would never get involved in the political process myself. My profile and personal history is mind field for any kind of political office.

If you could change one law in your country, what would you change and why?
I would change the way we manage corporate compensation regulations. But that's not one law, that's like, a billion of them. ehh... I'm not an expert on this sort of thing.

Do you see your morals as set in stone, or do you often change them?
mutable. But I generally follow the Bill and Ted book of codes: "be excellent to each other" smile.gif

Do you believe in soul mates? If so, have you met someone you'd consider to be yours?
No. The notion of a soul mates is assuming that you don't change. That's not a realistic expectation of anyone. I believe in people being compatible with me, and that a fruitful relationship can come of it. But it will ALWAYS take a lot of work.

If there was one person you could perma ban from EC who would it be?
I don't think I feel comfortable answering this as it will just start waves.

Does your wife know that you regularly frequent this site?
If so does she mind?
Yes she does. she doesn't actually care. She says that this is probably the closest thing I have to a man-cave.

Speaking of "wives" - how did you know when she was "the one?"
I don't. I know she's someone I love dearly and am willing to do whatever it takes to spend my life with. Though, I did know that I was in for the long haul with her when my old company before Lockheed Martin went belly up (we're talking about liquidation and everything of assets), and I was out of a job, she stuck by me and just gave me space to figure out what my next move was.

How did you propose?
In the most unromantic way possible: we were in our bed room, and then I decided it was time, and just rolled onto my side, and asked her if she wanted to put up with me for the rest of our lives.

Old Spice Guy

Old Spice Guy

Diamonds.

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Old
  • Fav Song Spice
Would you mind Bolding the rest of your answers?

Sarcastic_Guy

Sarcastic_Guy

Nooch

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts
  • Country
oh fine. would you like some cheese with that whine? you people and your need to read something legible.

Old Spice Guy

Old Spice Guy

Diamonds.

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Old
  • Fav Song Spice
Hey, I could have asked for pink as well. tongue.gif

Favorite meme?

Game?

Sarcastic_Guy

Sarcastic_Guy

Nooch

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts
  • Country
favorite meme
LOLcat macros. I'm cat person

Game
that's hard to say. it depends on my mood and genre. When it comes to video games, I generally play fighting games and side-scrolling beat 'em ups simply because they are easy and it's something that I can play in short bursts.
Fighting games:
really depends on what I can find competition for. But if I had my picks, it would be tekken and street fighter 2 turbo

side scrolling beat 'em up:
Streets of Rage 2
Knights of the Round
Golden Axe 2
Dungeon and Dragons: Shadows Over Mystra

Generally though, I'll play anything that is supported on 2Dfighter.com if my ping with the person I'm playing with is good enough.

Sunflora

Sunflora

Legalize polygamy.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Hawaii
  • Fav Band No favorites.
Are you just bilingual or multilingual?What's the 'weirdest' food you've ever eaten? Do you plan to further expand your family?Do you celebrate both New Years or just the Jan. one?Do you use forks or chopsticks or both in your household?Ever break any bones?Are you taking your kid trick-or-treating?Do you specifically speak to your little girl in one certain language?

Sarcastic_Guy

Sarcastic_Guy

Nooch

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts
  • Country
Are you just bilingual or multilingual?
Just bilingual. I'm fluent in Mandarin and English.

What's the 'weirdest' food you've ever eaten?
I've had fried grasshoppers, fried earthworms, fried scorpians, fried ants mixed in with vermicelli, snake wine, and shark meat. you can pick which one makes you the least comfortable.

Do you plan to further expand your family?
Not really. I like having my little girl be the sole attention. Maybe later on in life I might go for number 2

Do you celebrate both New Years or just the Jan. one?
I usually celebrate chinese new year by just going out for some food, and new years I barely go to parties anymore. So most of the time I'll just give my wife a quick peck on the cheek and that's that.

Do you use forks or chopsticks or both in your household?
Forks mostly. Chopsticks are nice and all but for the most part, it's really just faster using a fork.

Ever break any bones?
not yet. Here's to hoping I don't ever

Are you taking your kid trick-or-treating?
well, I'll take her out for the walk but she's too young to even understand the concept of trick or treating

Do you specifically speak to your little girl in one certain language?
I do speak to her in Mandarin as much as I can. But I slip into English a lot just out of habit. It's really something I need to work on.

Old Spice Guy

Old Spice Guy

Diamonds.

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Old
  • Fav Song Spice
What would you do with a million dollars?

How do you say Brett in Mandarin? Or are names the same?

LionJess

LionJess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,097 posts
What's your MBA going to be in?

Do you enjoy travel? Do you have a favourite country? 

Sarcastic_Guy

Sarcastic_Guy

Nooch

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts
  • Country
What would you do with a million dollars?
Depends on how I got it. If I won it through luck and chance (i.e. lotto or gambling), I'd sit on it for a full year so I can pay my taxes from the winnings first, which would probably be about 50-60% of the whole shebang. The remaining 400,000 I'd put about 100,000 into my daughter's 529, seeing as I think 18 years is enough time for that to grow into a sizable chunk that will pay for college and probably grad school if she needs it. The remaining 300,000 I'd put maybe 100,000 into a Roth IRA for myself and my wife. And the remaining 100,000 into index funds. And the rest would go to my MBA.

That way, my family would have a pretty good security net.

Yeah, it's a totally boring answer, but that is what I would honestly do with it.

If I earned it from say, bonuses at work, I'd would still do what I've done above, keeping the ratio I had.

How do you say Brett in Mandarin? Or are names the same?
Names are the same.

What's your MBA going to be in?
Still trying to figure that one out. I'm sitting on entrepreneur focused MBA at the moment, but I might also try corporate management too.

Do you enjoy travel? Do you have a favourite country?
Yes. But not as much as people think. Thus far though, my favorite place to travel is probably still Southern Italy. Backpacked through there back in my freshman year of college with some buddies. It was really quite the adventure.

Dr. Nmb-Nuts

Dr. Nmb-Nuts

Smooth Criminal

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,503 posts
Do you have any pets?If so,what kinds?

LionJess

LionJess

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,097 posts
When you proposed to your wife, had you been thinking about it prior to that or was it a sudden decision?

Any pictures of your daughter you're willing to share?

Did you know the baby was going to be a girl?

Any phobias?

Are you religious? 

Sarcastic_Guy

Sarcastic_Guy

Nooch

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts
  • Country
Do you have any pets?If so,what kinds?
I have two cats. One is a fluffy calico and the other is a tortoise shell.

When you proposed to your wife, had you been thinking about it prior to that or was it a sudden decision?
been thinking about it for a while. we both actually knew we were going to get married. It was just a matter of when I made it official.

Any pictures of your daughter you're willing to share?
With individual members perhaps. not out in the open though.

Did you know the baby was going to be a girl?
yeah. found out at around... 4 months.

Any phobias?
not that I'm aware of.

Are you religious?
nope. spiritual, perhaps. Interesting in theology? sure am. But ACTUALLY religious? not really.

Waylander

Waylander

The Golden Boy.

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band ---
  • Fav Song ---
Your views on me?

If you could change the world how would you?

Favourite doughnut?

Why did you first join EC?

sentient

sentient

Fascist

• Legacy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,287 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band dropkick murphys
Given that you brim with awesome, how much bad-ass is TOO much bad-ass?

Your daughter's first words?

Curtains or blinds?

Would you say your life has turned into what you thought it would when you were younger? What's better/not so good compared to your youthful perception of the future?

Is there any one behaviour that you can see yourself just NOT tolerating as a parent?

Between yourself and your wife, who is more outgoing?

Do you think turning into your parents is an escapeable fate? laugh.gif

What colour are the sheets on your bed?

Do you prefer cutlery that are entirely stainless steel (or whatever material they're made out of), or do you like cutlery with a handle of some sort?

Do you have a favourite form of meat? E.g. bacon vs. ham.

Sarcastic_Guy

Sarcastic_Guy

Nooch

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts
  • Country
Your views on me?
You try really hard to be the cool kid through shock value and being a bit of callous and to me it really does come across as an internet personality rather than the genuine article. But then again, you're a teenager, so that seems pretty standard to me and honestly I can't really say I want to fault you for it. But I do think that if you got your head out of the clouds you might actually be a cool guy to hang with.

If you could change the world how would you?
I'd make education more widely available to those who don't have it. And I'd make financial education one of the cornerstones of our education system.

Favourite doughnut?
coconut? not a big doughnut guy.

Why did you first join EC?
got bored one day, and decided to find something to entertain myself

Given that you brim with awesome, how much bad-ass is TOO much bad-ass?
You'll know when Chuck Norris tells you that you're trying too hard. Chances are though, he'll roundhouse you in the face first.

Your daughter's first words?
"mamamamamamama" apparently, that's pretty standard

Curtains or blinds?
curtains. blinds leave too many opportunities for the world to peak in

Would you say your life has turned into what you thought it would when you were younger? What's better/not so good compared to your youthful perception of the future?
Not at all. I actually NEVER thought I'd be married with a kid by the age of 28. In fact, a part of me thought that I'd end up being one of those 40 year old single guys who just couldn't hold onto a woman because of the fact that I just refuse to grow up. The only "bad" part about all this is that I really can't afford to take as many chances with my career as I used to.

but beyond that, I honestly can say that I'm in a much more interesting phase in my life and my life before my daughter just seems... vacuous and empty by comparison. I mean, usually by this time of year, I'd be making a huge deal out of what party I'm gonna go to and then trying my best to hook up with some girl at said party. and for a lot of my friends, that is still what their life is focused around. With a bit of responsibility though, you really do find yourself with a lot more meaning and compared to a life without you really just don't see a reason to go back.

Is there any one behaviour that you can see yourself just NOT tolerating as a parent?
I live on my daughter's pinky and treat it like real estate. I know that I personally cannot tolerate liars and people who make a sport out of being malicious and people who refuse to take responsibility for themselves. But those are not qualities that you would see in a toddler just yet. However, one thing that she'll sometimes do that I do not tolerate is when she hits other creatures (like the cats) or people. The reason she does so might mean I respond to it differently, (sometimes she does it because she doesn't realize it hurts people, and sometimes it's because she's just tired and cranky and needs a nap) but that's one behavior that I will not let her get away with.

Between yourself and your wife, who is more outgoing?
that's like trying to comparing the blast strength of the two A-bombs dropped in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. We're both incredibly outgoing people, which I think explains a lot about my daughter. (Seriously, for a kid her age, she's EXTREMELY social) However, I think my wife is probably the more outgoing one.

Do you think turning into your parents is an escapeable fate? laugh.gif
Yes. Though in my case, I wouldn't necessarily want to. My father is probably the one person I respect the most in the entire world. My grandfather died when he was 23, during which time my grandmother didn't have work, and he still had 3 younger siblings in middle/high school. My grandfather was a police officer (and apparently, one of the few clean cops) which was why my dad's family didn't have much growing up. So, the burden of taking care of the family kinda fell on his shoulders. He came to the US by himself with 50 bucks in his pocket, and pretty much made himself a living and was able to support the rest of his family by himself. (Even managed to buy my grandmother a couple apartments that she lives off of even today)

Yeah, while I don't necessarily want to experience the same hardship he had, if I can turn into a guy like him, trust me, I won't be complaining.

What colour are the sheets on your bed?
Red. my wife likes red

Do you prefer cutlery that are entirely stainless steel (or whatever material they're made out of), or do you like cutlery with a handle of some sort?
something with a handle. The stainless steel grips sometimes get wet and slip. Sheen is only as useful as the photo they appear in.

Do you have a favourite form of meat? E.g. bacon vs. ham.
thick, juicy, 12 inch man cock... oh you meant food.

let's see... I like meats with lots of fat. It's like, the most unhealthy thing ever, but man give me a good ribeye and I'll go to town.

Waylander

Waylander

The Golden Boy.

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band ---
  • Fav Song ---
Can I just sit down and have a chat with you smile.gif?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users