This place is supposed to feel safe and comfortable. A place where members feel welcome to share, be themselves and actively post what they have to say without fear of immediately being shut down/out/up just because another member disagrees, for any reason. But we aren't always like that, we can come of cold, harsh, uncaring and dangerous.
So to make the new members know their not alone, and we've all been there post what is was like when you first joined and how you worked yourself into a cozy member spot where people know, talk, respect and hopefully like you.
Include things like:
- What was your attitude towards the site when you first joined?
- What was the attitude of the site in general?
- Did people pick on you for something you did? Or just because you were new?
- How you were treated by the already established members on the site?
- How did you get involved in the site?
- Who were the first members to welcome you?
- How well known do you think you are now?
- Is there anything you did as a newbie that you'd advise others not to?
- As well as other details you think new members might be able to relate to.
You don't have to have such and such amount of posts, you don't have to be such and such EC famous, you just have to feel welcome to post on our forums. I'd like to hear from you, because hopefully it may encourage at least one newbie to stick around.