Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Age Difference

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
94 replies to this topic

Nikita Selene Antoinette

Nikita Selene Antoinette

Nightclub Zombie

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
I'm dating a really great guy, who happens to be 22 years old. We really like each other, and i don't care about his age and he doesnt care about mine. But my parents don't want me to see him. Anybody who has an idea to how i can get them to give him a chance? :s

awildfaggotappears!

awildfaggotappears!

kalsi

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,412 posts
If he doesn't care about your age.
He's a pedo.
I say end it now before you end up in a ditch somewhere.

Vaxemous

Vaxemous

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts
Well I am currently interested in someone that is 21 years older than me. The difference betweeen me and you though is that I'm 19 and I'm an adult and can make my own decisions. Technically speaking your parents can tell you to do whatever they want to and you have to listen to them, by law.

But anyway, thats retarded talk and doesn't really help your situation. If you really like him and want to be with him then you should try explaining to your parents that you really like him and want to be with him.

However you should really take a look at the situation.

You're 14
He is 22
In everyones eyes except for yours and his, he's a complete pedophile for even flirting with you.
You should really think about what someone his age is doing talking to you in the first place. Why would a 22 year old even bother with a 14 year old? Is he that much of a loser or fucked up in the head that he can't get someone near his age?

You would probably understand better with more life experience. When you get older and look back on this, assuming you do get together with him, you'll realize that something is severely wrong with a guy that is that old that happens to want to get with someone that is half a person younger than him.

Nikita Selene Antoinette

Nikita Selene Antoinette

Nightclub Zombie

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
That's ridiculous. I know him, so i know he's not a complete psycho.

Vaxemous

Vaxemous

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts
QUOTE (Nikita Nightmare @ Oct 31 2009, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's ridiculous. I know him, so i know he's not a complete psycho.

Even though you think that you know him, you might not know him at all. Just because he's interested in you doesn't make him a psycho. It just makes him a pedophile and probably a complete loser.

Think about things logically.

If you were 22 years old how would you feel about dating a 14 year old boy?
What type of person would you have to be to date a 14 year old boy
What do you think your social status would be to going down to "that level"?
What do you think your mindset would be for being interested in a 14 year old boy?

Nikita Selene Antoinette

Nikita Selene Antoinette

Nightclub Zombie

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
I think it's very different from when a guy gets someone younger then when a girl gets someone younger.

Old Spice Guy

Old Spice Guy

Diamonds.

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Old
  • Fav Song Spice
I've never really had a problem with you Nikita but Christ.

You'll look back on this a year from now or whenever and think "What the hell did I do that for?"

2 year rule. Maybe 3 once in awhile. But 8? That's rape and a half if I ever did know it.

Vaxemous

Vaxemous

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts
Why is it different? You're a person. He's a person. There's no real difference other than society says that girls are supposed to be with a guy that is older than them. However, that much older? Most people have a limit of how much older they are willing to go. Believe me, no self-respecting guy would ever date someone that was 14 unless something was wrong with them. In his case, he's attracted to girls who happen to be just hitting puberty. Which is quite disgusting. There is no difference if you were 22 and wanting to date a 14 year old boy when compared to him and you currently.

That is also the main reason why your parents are going to forbid you from seeing him. They know he isn't right. They know something is wrong with him. They are protecting you. As I'm sure the majority of replies to this thread will be trying to do. Trying to steer you in the right direction, avoiding him completely.

Oblivion.

Oblivion.

Clockwork Maniac.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,761 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band The Gaslight Anthem
  • Fav Song Missing- Evanescence
What do you really think his intentions are for dating a 14 year old girl. You're a child, he's an adult and he knows what he's doing is wrong unless he's a complete idiot.

Listen to your parents Nikita.

Josh Joshson

Josh Joshson

That one guy who you don't remember..

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Mayday Parade
  • Fav Song Misery- Maroon 5
2 year rule until you are 21. Then it's 5 years.

Nikita's 2. And his 5.

2 + 5 = 7

8 years =/= 7 years

Go for it.

finality

finality

Nigrescent Black Hole

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,517 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band .
QUOTE (PHONE @ Oct 31 2009, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2 year rule until you are 21. Then it's 5 years.

Nikita's 2. And his 5.

2 + 5 = 7

8 years =/= 7 years

Go for it.

2 year rule doesn't always have to apply, there are definitely exceptions.

Nikita- sounds to me like he's taking advantage of you, you're a beautiful girl, you'll have to understand that guys, especially ones that much older, don't always have the noblest of intentions, and I'm afraid that an 8 year age gap at your age just isn't realistic.

Edit: Oh fuck, reminds me of Rellik and I.

A.W.O.L

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -
Love is infinite, it may even be genderless.

He is old, you're young.

Love is blind, but the law is not.

If you really are that desperate to push the age limits go 17, 18 and you are pushing it a bit much. Any higher than that and the guy should be ashamed... or really proud, depends how he rolls.

I could be wrong, you could be crazy about each other and it is destiny in an adverse form. If he really loves you just for you, ask him to chop his dick off... time how long it takes him to run away clutching his joystick.

Wretch

Wretch

Barbarian

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,209 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band .
  • Fav Song .
I actually wat'd out loud. Why would you even consider this being a good idea?

QUOTE (I Blow Goats @ Oct 31 2009, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've never really had a problem with you Nikita but Christ.

You'll look back on this a year from now or whenever and think "What the hell did I do that for?"

2 year rule. Maybe 3 once in awhile. But 8? That's rape and a half if I ever did know it.

Pretty much this. You are beyond naive, Jesus Christ.

g7jnr31

g7jnr31

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band dbzBDgf
QUOTE (Nikita Nightmare @ Oct 31 2009, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm dating a really great guy, who happens to be 22 years old. We really like each other, and i don't care about his age and he doesnt care about mine. But my parents don't want me to see him. Anybody who has an idea to how i can get them to give him a chance? :s

Do it.

Age is but a number.

e the e

e the e

I don't care much.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,677 posts
Stop using Miley Cyrus as a role model.

kidhybrid

kidhybrid

Delicate Snowflake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Louisiana
  • Fav Band Three Days Grace
  • Fav Song Break by Three Days Grace
Nikita-chan I have no problems with your decisions. But i truly believe he is abusing your beauty. You could totally find someone better but if you decide that you erm... "l-love" him then stay with him. But to answer you question I dont think there is a way to explain to your parents how you guys feel about each other. They seem a bit on the strict side so im guessing they will NOT listen to you. But you can you know just sit down and talk to them and explain how YOU feel towards him. They might not understand, they might consider it an act of rebellion against their control over, but you know what the hey its always a good shot to go for. ^^ You will always miss the shots 100% if you dont try to make them. So do your best and i wish you the best of everything.

Kellbell

Kellbell

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,806 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Slipknot
  • Fav Song Wait and Bleed
Nikita alot guys at that age only really care about the sex. Thats probably why he doesn't care about how old you are or he is probably confused about the fact that you look older then you really are. Listen to your parents dear they always know whats the best for you (most times) but you can only learn from your mistakes if you don't listen to them. My bestfriend who is 16years old, she went out with a 23yr old late last year for about 4 months and all he wanted was sex. Her parents hated the guy and told her to stop going out with him but she didn't listen to them. In the end he ended up hurting her (not physically).

Honestly the age difference for someone at your age should really be like 3 years older max.

But oh well its you choice what you are going to do. We can't force you to end it with him. All we can do is give you advice and our opinions and honestly you should listen to your parents. You're only going to get hurt in the long run. If the guy was smart he probably wouldn't be going out with some 8 years younger then him. Technically your still only a child (yes i know you hate be called a child but get over it) so thats why they probably won't give him a chance because they reckon he is way to old for you. So listen to your parents Nikita.

Lightning.

Lightning.

Zap!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,058 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Snow Patrol
  • Fav Song The Lightning Strike
Seriously you need a good sharp smack on the head to knock some fucking sense in that lump of tissue you call a brain!!

If you have had sex with him you have been raped by him that's what the law says
It's called statutory rape.

The guy clearly is only with you for his own twisted fantasies

You are only 14 he's 22 How can you not see the problem?!

You are a silly child who wants to grow up too fast.

Fizz

Fizz

C'est pas vrai

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,372 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band The Weeknd
  • Fav Song Glass table girls
well id just be a repeat on what most of them said but if u do go out with him, Don't have sex, because you will get pregnant and die! Don't have sex in the missionary position, don't have sex standing up, just don't do it, OK, promise? OK. coz at this age he says he loves you but honestly he just wants to do "it" its inevitable for 99.9% of guys

Hyena.

Hyena.

Who?

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,894 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -
  • Fav Song -
Lol, Nikita making this thread.

He's old and romantically/sexually (probably sexually) interested in you. You are young and naive.

You'd be surprised at the average age of a peadophile.
Most start offending young, around 20.

I know it's hard, but don't be an idiot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users