Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Names.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
64 replies to this topic

Hyena.

Hyena.

Who?

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,894 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -
  • Fav Song -
In places like these, where lots of people post regularly and share tastes and opinions and arguments, friendships (and sometimes relationships) can be formed, and of course that gives way to use of names.
Now, some people prefer to be called by their names, which, as it is the primary indicator of personal identity, is understandable.
However, others prefer their names not to be shared, which is also understandable.

Personally, I hate my name being used here, even by those I'm friends with. My name is my own, and I prefer it not to be shared with all and sundry to be used by everyone I neither know nor care for.

But what about you?

Dr. Nmb-Nuts

Dr. Nmb-Nuts

Smooth Criminal

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,503 posts
I don't have a problem with it,unless I don't like you,then you can call me Dr.Numb-Nuts,or Sir.

teensuicide

teensuicide

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,180 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band .
I don't have a problem with my name. Andrew. It's pretty standard, but you can call me what you want. I'd prefer if I were called cocks IRL. That'd be awesome.

.Taz.

.Taz.

Illuminated White Nova

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band --
I get rather annoyed being referred to as "A Lack Of Colour", and will be changing my username to my IRL nickname in precisely two weeks from now.

It doesn't really bother me either way, but I guess it just feels more comfortable being called by my nickname, which is a shortening of my real name, instead of my username. I can't imagine people calling me "A Lack Of Colour" IRL, so it's a little weird when I get called it on a site.

Lightning.

Lightning.

Zap!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,058 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Snow Patrol
  • Fav Song The Lightning Strike
I find it funny when they use my user name laugh.gif
I also find it funny when they think I'm a dude biggrin.gif
I don't have a problem with people calling me my RL name, unless I really don't like them or do not have a clue who they are O.o

Sex Muffin

Sex Muffin

Taelor is mine. =3

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts
I only let people I talk to most on here know my real name. =] I actually preferred being called Sex Muffin. =3

Mindy Simmons

Mindy Simmons

Mmm... footlong chili dog.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,195 posts
Being called Sexy Shenanigans is kind of cool and Elizabitch is actually what some people call me irl. To be completely honest, I don't mind it at all if people call me Elizabeth, it doesn't bother me in the least. Well, if I don't know who they are, it's a little creepy, but other than that, it's not a problem for me.

TerrierChad

TerrierChad

PINGAS

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,730 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Pearl Jam
  • Fav Song Pearl Jam - Alive
I only think there's a couple of people on here who use my real name: Jamie. I'm not bothered to be honest. It does seem a tad weird though because I very rarely get called Jamie IRL any more because almost everyone I know calls me Chad, so much so that I use it as my internet nickname. Plus, I prefer Chad to Jamie anyway. I'll probably get Chad added as a middle name at some point by d-pole at some point.

no.Original.thought

no.Original.thought

Let them eat... Nope, Brioche isn't cake.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts
I don't think anyone on here knows my actual real name. There are few people I gave a pseudo RN too. If someone were so inclined it wouldn't be too hard to find my RN. But I wouldn't really care anyway. Names, even IRL, I could be introduced to someone 5 times and still not care to remember their name the 6th time I met them unless I actually thought it was worth it to remember like some business acquaintances.

SuperRon21

SuperRon21

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Ohio
  • Fav Band Blue October
  • Fav Song Unwritten Law- Save Me
My real name is in my username, so I dont mind that. My username is actually a nickname i got in high school, cause I used to wear these big blue and black recs specs for sports. At first I hated it, but now i use it cause it kinda stuck. I answer to Ron, super, SuperRon online, and its all cool with me.

HeyThereDelilah

HeyThereDelilah

Suck my dick.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,840 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Passenger
I don't mind people calling me Jo.

It's just when new members I don't know who haven't introduced themselves call me Jo as if it's their right.

Which it isn't.

Not till we're introduced, which is odd, considering it's the internet...

cosmic_carl

cosmic_carl

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Carcass
My real name will never be discovered.

SuperRon21

SuperRon21

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Ohio
  • Fav Band Blue October
  • Fav Song Unwritten Law- Save Me
QUOTE (cosmic_carl @ Jan 31 2010, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My real name will never be discovered.

ok carl, i wont tell.

Kasey Is Awesome

Kasey Is Awesome

I'm strictly vagitarian

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,077 posts
QUOTE (.Marvin. @ Jan 31 2010, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I find it funny when they use my user name laugh.gif
I also find it funny when they think I'm a dude biggrin.gif
I don't have a problem with people calling me my RL name, unless I really don't like them or do not have a clue who they are O.o

you have no idea how many people thought i was a guy.....and with my hair cut, they could look at my HoN threads and still think that. dry.gif

IMA EFFIN GIRL.

QUOTE (Sex Muffin @ Jan 31 2010, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I only let people I talk to most on here know my real name. =] I actually preferred being called Sex Muffin. =3

i wanna know. D:

OT: well mines not hard to figure out.

just read below my avatar. "Taelor validates your feelings." a bit of a give away.

or if you ever notice that mine and daveys' (her worst mistake) sigs match.

though i dont care what you call me.

taelor or cyanide i dont really care.

but only christi (ameythest rose), davey (her worst mistake) and lou (lou_love) may shorten my name. sleep.gif

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

Eltit Rebmem

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,103 posts
My name's turning into the new Jess. D: Everyone seems to be called 'Andrew' now. Not just here, though there are at least three Andrews I know of (cocks, Frankie Boyle/AstroZombie and me).

A.W.O.L

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,577 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -
I don't mind it when a few people I like call me Pete.

Not a fan of random people adding me on MSN and picking it up from there.

If you want to use my first name I'd damn well better know yours smile.gif

Kasey Is Awesome

Kasey Is Awesome

I'm strictly vagitarian

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,077 posts
QUOTE (Jessticles @ Jan 31 2010, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WHATCHU TRYIN TO SAY HERE. 

But yeah, there was a time when there was like five active jessica's... man that was confusing laugh.gif they're all fairly inactive now but me I think... drenched still comes on but not as much as she used to so it's not as confusing when someone says 'jess' laugh.gif 

who the fuck is jess?

:3

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

Eltit Rebmem

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,103 posts
QUOTE (Jessticles @ Feb 1 2010, 12:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WHATCHU TRYIN TO SAY HERE. 

But yeah, there was a time when there was like five active jessica's... man that was confusing laugh.gif they're all fairly inactive now but me I think... drenched still comes on but not as much as she used to so it's not as confusing when someone says 'jess' laugh.gif 

DUH I JUST TOLD YOU

Yeah, that was pretty confusing. That's where usernames become useful. To me, you're 'Jess' and drenched.in.blood is 'Jessy'. It's easier. :3 'Kelly' is another name that was fairly popular. I want a less common name. D: I demand that everyone with my name has to be called 'Andy'... IRL. D:

teensuicide

teensuicide

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,180 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band .
^ Some people call me Andy. Sort of alternates between Andrew or Andy. Kind of depends on how well the person knows me, so shouldn't be a problem dude, hah.

Lightning.

Lightning.

Zap!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,058 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Snow Patrol
  • Fav Song The Lightning Strike
My brother is called Andy o.O

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users