Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

More Terrifying Shit From The Ocean

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

Algernon

Algernon

Immer nach Hause

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,554 posts
QUOTE (Jessticles @ Mar 27 2010, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not sure if anyone will have realised this but:

http://www.bloopwatc...g/thebloop.html

is a site where you can actually HEAR the recorded Bloop noise. Yes, the actual noise of this giant huge creature which may or may not exist and live at unknown depths :3

The last one is the best, but if you listen to them one by one it's way cooler. 

I had never heard the slowed-down versions. They're so fucking cool. Almost sounds like an Endura or Atrium Carceri demo.

Of course, it's no mystery what the bloop actually is:

sentient

sentient

Fascist

• Legacy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,293 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band dropkick murphys
^/save, /set as desktop background.

QUOTE (Amber Lamps @ Mar 28 2010, 01:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love the mystery of it all as much as the next guy, but it's just too tantalizing. I need to know D:

This thread reminded me how great it feels to be awestruck. Fantastic feeling indeed.

Fucking incredible feeling, isn't it? biggrin.gif I just love it - I seek it out constantly. I love learning new things biggrin.gif

The deep sea is something that strikes that chord in me effortlessly.

QUOTE (Jessticles @ Mar 28 2010, 03:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not sure if anyone will have realised this but:

http://www.bloopwatc...g/thebloop.html

is a site where you can actually HEAR the recorded Bloop noise. Yes, the actual noise of this giant huge creature which may or may not exist and live at unknown depths :3

The last one is the best, but if you listen to them one by one it's way cooler. 

Great find!!

QUOTE (Jessticles @ Mar 28 2010, 01:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HOLY SHIT that thing is terrifying O_O I would not want that at the wrong end of my leg.

You're right, the ocean is bizarre and mysterious and awesome, and it's nature at its finest - everything else we've managed to warp, fuck up or take out of its natural habitat (e.g.: feeding lions mince meat behind a cage, destroying entire rainforrests).

Yeah, we do have a tendency to fuck things up royally and with no regard for anyone or anything but ourselves... sad.gif

But I'd like to believe we've entered, in the last 10 years, a new phase of ecological conciousness. At the very least, it's something people are working towards more than ever before, so maybe it won't be so bad? (It probably will be... but it's nice to think that people can be non-exploitative of resources.)

NATURE IS SO FUCKING COOL YO.

Btw, sorry to harp on about the things we DO know laugh.gif , but sharks are fucking awesome. Killing MACHINES.

Fucking sharks. I swear to god... just teeth with some skin wrapped around them.\

Pic related:

QUOTE (Algernon @ Mar 28 2010, 01:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rofl: I forgot that movie even existed. Anything with Samuel L. Jackson that doesn't involve snakes and planes is just a blur to me these days.

Wretch

Wretch

Barbarian

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,209 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band .
  • Fav Song .
QUOTE (sentient @ Mar 28 2010, 12:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But I'd like to believe we've entered, in the last 10 years, a new phase of ecological conciousness. At the very least, it's something people are working towards more than ever before, so maybe it won't be so bad? (It probably will be... but it's nice to think that people can be non-exploitative of resources.)

Algernon

Algernon

Immer nach Hause

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,554 posts

And the first horror movie I ever saw:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users