Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Featured Member - Roscobenjamin

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
129 replies to this topic

sentient

sentient

Fascist

• Legacy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,293 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band dropkick murphys
You voted in RoscoBenjamin to be your featured member. Enjoy burrowing into the deepest, darkest recesses of his soul and scratching at the dimly-lit corners of his mind. You can ask whatever you want, but he's not obliged to answer anything he feels is too personal... but hopefully, he'll be a sport about it all, even the most perversely personal inquiries wink.gif

Ask your questions in....

1 - GO!

Rosco, why'd you pick RoscoBenjamin as your username?

Rellik San

Rellik San

Adorably Bitter And Angry Cabbit!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts
Of all the wrestlers you could troll as.... why C.M. Punk?

Don't get me wrong, he's a great villain, I'm just curious as to why.

Lightning.

Lightning.

Zap!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,058 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Snow Patrol
  • Fav Song The Lightning Strike
What is your greatest achievement so far in life?

Bimp

Bimp

2gr8ful2beh8ful

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Worlds End Girlfriend
Is heaven a half-pipe?

RoscoBenjamin

RoscoBenjamin

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Jeff Buckley
To rellik: Contrary to what people think, Cm Punk is not my favorite. If I had to choose, it be a tie between Paul London and AJ Styles. I was exposed to London in 2003-2004 I think when he was just a cruiserweight. Went to limewire and saw Paul London vs AJ Styles and by gawd was it a good match. Then watched Bryan Danielson against London and again another fantastic match and I was hooked. AJ styles because I watched him in TNA during that same period and got hooked on what TNA was offering then. Pure wrestling.

To Lightning Aka Kate I think or something: My greatest achivement eh? I would say winning a storytelling contest when I was merely an 8 year old kid. I basically went up there and fucked around with the story but it seems that showing real character and emotion for an 8 year old is something so I won by a landslide.

To 23: I would love to answer you but I haven't gone to heaven yet. If I ever go there, I'll leave you a message from beyond about that.

To senti: I wanted to pick Rocco but somehow, the spelling became rosco and the Benjamin was because I was thinking of the phrase all about the benjamins and hey, it made me chuckle.

Bimp

Bimp

2gr8ful2beh8ful

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts
  • Country
It was actually more of a roundabout way of inquiring about your religious beliefs. But thanks, although I hope heaven isn't a half-pipe; I'd have to learn to skate.

Lightning.

Lightning.

Zap!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,058 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Snow Patrol
Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?

QUOTE (RoscoBenjamin @ Apr 13 2010, 11:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To Lightning Aka Kate I think or something: My greatest achivement eh? I would say winning a storytelling contest when I was merely an 8 year old kid. I basically went up there and fucked around with the story but it seems that showing real character and emotion for an 8 year old is something so I won by a landslide.

What was the story about?
smile.gif

RoscoBenjamin

RoscoBenjamin

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Jeff Buckley
My religious beliefs are complex but yet simple. Hohoho. I'm just playing with ya. I'm an agnostic I believe but yet, I believe in god. I have faith that god guides me but yet, I know he's not going to protect me like a possessive parent. We humans complain when we get too much attention but blame the people who gave it when things go wrong and they left us alone due to us complaining. I count my blessings as a gift of god.
God provides opportunities but we have to seize it.

To kate because I think calling you lightning sounds stupid: In 10 years time, I hope I have settled down with my babies and my wife =)
Hell, that's what I see myself in 5 years time haha and that story hmmm. I forgotten. It was a local story about some fisherman if I'm not wrong. Winning gave me a great feeling.

sentient

sentient

Fascist

• Legacy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,293 posts
  • Country
did you used to have an e-relationship type thing with someone on EC back in the day, or am I totally thinking of someone else? (and it's entirely possible that I am - maybe sin?)

RoscoBenjamin

RoscoBenjamin

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Jeff Buckley
Uh......It was sin. Yeah definitely was.....

Heh. Ok. I used to have an e-relationship with about....5 chicks from EC :3
That was so long ago though. I swear. That was in 2008 sleep.gif
That number could be more....

sentient

sentient

Fascist

• Legacy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,293 posts
  • Country
Which members' posts do you enjoy most, if any?

RoscoBenjamin

RoscoBenjamin

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Jeff Buckley
HELL MOST OBVIOUS ANSWER EVER.

The one and only GUNMAN. He is my light. He is my love and he left EC ='(

Bimp

Bimp

2gr8ful2beh8ful

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts
  • Country
Five favourite bands / artists, their genres, and why you like them? Try ten if five is too hard.

The Wretched Egg

The Wretched Egg

A Growing Seed

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,768 posts
Your avatar is mysteriously intriguing. What is it and where does it come from?

Lightning.

Lightning.

Zap!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,058 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Snow Patrol
What is the best gig you've ever been to?

RoscoBenjamin

RoscoBenjamin

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Jeff Buckley
5 eh?

1) Jeff Buckley. Genre:alternative? I'll say that.
His voice is heavenly. If he had a chance to be on idol, he have won it easily but instead of simply sticking with safe ballads, he made original music ranging from quiet folk sounding to hard rocking tunes.
Susan Boyle gets so much attention and album sales when this guy went under everyone's radar?

2)Elliott Smith. Genre: Folk or something.
The opposite to Jeff buckley. While Jeff would sing to the highest mountains, elliott smith barely raised his voice above a whisper. His soft whispers along with his acoustic guitar makes for haunting tunes.

3)Refused. Genre:hardcore
Fuck yeah. How can you not love this band? Hardcore at its finest.

4)Sense Field. Emo
Not emo as in YOU BROKE MY HEART I HATE YOU BITCH EMO but yet, has the right amount of reflection along with longing for loved ones. Their songs always tell of loved ones but yet include reflection about it. Good band but severely underrated.

5)Chamberlain. Emo also
I may not be listening to them much now but everytime I listen to fate's got a driver, it never fails to move me. A review of them is spot on. They pack more emotion in one album than most bands do during their career was the perfect description.

Notice how I rarely speak about technical abilities and so on. Music is to inspire.

RoscoBenjamin

RoscoBenjamin

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Jeff Buckley
To Panda: It's doctor fate. A DC comic character.

To lightning:I haven't been to many gigs. Opportunities do not present itself unless you drag me with you to some. I'm usually glued to books and the computer. I can't answer that question my dear.

The Wretched Egg

The Wretched Egg

A Growing Seed

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,768 posts
QUOTE (RoscoBenjamin @ Apr 13 2010, 08:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To Panda: It's doctor fate. A DC comic character.

Nice smile.gif

--

With that said, how do you feel about film adaptions (comic books, novels, cartoons, etc)? And have their been any adaptions you personally enjoy or think were done well?

Bimp

Bimp

2gr8ful2beh8ful

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts
  • Country
Jeff Buckley didn't really go under everyone's radar; he is consistently cited as one of most influential musicians of his generation. It's not without good reason, however, as Grace is a great album. 'Tis a shame he died so early.

Elliott Smith and Refused are good, not heard the other two. I'd imagine from the first three that they're at least decent. Nice taste, brah!

RoscoBenjamin

RoscoBenjamin

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Jeff Buckley
To Panda: Adaptations will never be 100% true to the book but I enjoyed the first 2 spiderman. The 3rd was disappointing. 3rd should have been the set-up to introduce venom in the 4th which is not going to happen now.
Batman of course is a great adaptation Daredevil was a fair adaptation. I did enjoy it even if it was critically panned. I haven't seen the lovely bones but I heard it's quite disappointing.
I don't mind adaptations if they're done well but god damn, video games are the most butchered. Doom especially. What could go wrong? Demons come from hell, one guy kicks butt. End. Noooo, we get a story of some virus infecting shit. No one wants such a cliche plot when the original plot would work well. Hell, the guys behind it said they stick to the original story.
As for novels, many just lack the ooomph that the books deliver. Some are great but some are quite bad as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users