Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Make-up Whore Vs. Natural Look.

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
104 replies to this topic

Kellbell

Kellbell

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,806 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Slipknot
  • Fav Song Wait and Bleed
QUOTE (Nikita Selene Antoinette @ Apr 23 2010, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I always wear
Foundation
Liquid eyeliner
Sometimes blush
and fake eyelashes, so only mascara on the bottom lashes.

So by always I am guessing you mean every single day except for at night when you are sleeping? It is good to have a couple of days without make up on so it lets your skin breath a bit because it clogs up your pores etc and wearing make up all the the time can be unhealthy for your skin.

The only times I wear make is at school, TAFE, work or when I go out.
I like to keep my make up plain and simple which means I usually only wear concealer, a very thin layer of foundation, mascara and either a little bit of lip gloss or some lip balm but I sometimes will have eye shadow and a little bit of blush when I am going out.

I also really dislike wearing lipstick. When I am at home I wear no make up at all and when I get home from school, work, TAFE or when I have gone out, I wash my make up off straight away.

And I hate it when girls cake on their make up. Honestly there is no need to do it and also those girls who can't blend their foundation properly or get the wrong shade of it and continue to do so, highly annoys me. I don't know how many times I have told my friend that she needs to go down a shade or 2 when it comes to her foundation.

Raven.

Raven.

Resident sex addict

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,268 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Blue Scholars
  • Fav Song Bad - Wale
QUOTE (X amethyst rose X @ Apr 22 2010, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was thinking.....
You'd look good in a red-ish shade lipstick. And a sheer mineral powder foundation.

Why sheer? Because you really don't have skin imperfections. It will just get rid of any shine or oil on your face for the entire day. It will also diffuse any spots or flaws you may actually have. :3

I like beauty and the modeling industry. :3

I'll make a note of that. Maybe I'll let my best friend or my girlfriend put some make up on me happy.gif

HeyThereDelilah

HeyThereDelilah

Suck my dick.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,840 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Passenger
I never wear make-up to school, apart from a bit of concealer on the rare occaision.

Going out, I usually wear mascara and eyeliner.

For proper dos, Base coat of foundation, blusher (otherwise I look really pale), eyeliner, mascara and a bit of eyeshadow.

With eyeshadow sometimes I do a clean sweep of mild colour or I blend a couple.

I own lipstick but I rarely use it, I just use lipgloss on occaision but mostly just lipsill. I'm my opinion lipsill does the same shiny effect without the glue sensation.

MeowMeowKittyKat

MeowMeowKittyKat

DynastyOfOurMisfourtune

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
The caked on look is most definately yuckyy. There is this girl who goes to my school, her whole body is slightly pale but her face is bright orange. She wears wayy to much makeup, and in attempt to make it look more natural she puts it on her cleavage areas too. It looks terrible, and then her hair is just a mess, also she wears too tight of clothes..

Anyyways back on topic, i prefer just a tad bit of makeup; a little charcoal colored eyeling on the bottom lid, a natural colored eyeshadow (maybe with a little shimmer to it) and some brown mascara in moderation. As for the concealer/foundation/coverup/whatever you want to call it, my parents dont allow me to where it. But i dont always follow their rules, so my friend gave me some concealer and i added some water to it (to make it les thick, more natural). But, i never ever go anyywhere au-natural, not even outside to simply take out the garbage. I dont like my face, makeup is kind of like my mask to hide me from the world.

Iceman.

Iceman.

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,274 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Anberlin
I prefer girls with the more natural look, and then having something unique to compliment it. Like say, a girl has a pale complexion, if she wore a nice red lipstick that would appeal to me, but if she tried to make her skin look tanned, going overboard with mascara and eyeshadow and all that, as well as the lipstick then it really makes me think they are obsessed with their appearance. I mean its ok to care about being presentable, but having to put on a heap of make up just to head down to the cornerstore is a bit much. If a girl wants to look nice, thats her prerogative, but having to mask everything about your face, the parts that tell you what kind of person someone is, well, it just seems unnatural to me. Just my opinion though. One of my male friends wears foundation when we go out, he applies it better than most girls i see laugh.gif, you can only tell hes wearing it if you look really close. He also wore glitter once... that was kind of weird haha

Nikita Selene Antoinette

Nikita Selene Antoinette

Nightclub Zombie

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
QUOTE (X amethyst rose X @ Apr 23 2010, 06:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From your pictures, it looks nice. :3

but why fake eyelashes?

To get the disney princess look :b i have always loved long thick lashes :3

oops gone

oops gone

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,390 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Silence
If I'm going to a concert, then I do get a bit primped up. But otherwise, on a day to day basis...
In this order.
- Light Tinted Moisturizer
- Bare Minerals Mineral Veil
- Bare Minerals Fairly Light SPF 15 Foundation
- A quick sheer layer of pink or light green eyeshadow
- Crease/corner bits of dark grey or black eyeshadow, to make my eyes look more natural
- Black gel eyeliner, on top & only on the bottom rim & outside corner
- Black Shu Uemura Mascara
- Clear mint lipgloss

And yeah, that's it.

If I'm planning on a night out on the town, I put a little more effort into making the eyeshadow look more dramatic, and I might put on fake lashes & curl my lashes properly, and maybe put on a lipstick just a tiny bit darker than my normal lip colour (so it pretty much does look red.)

But for the most part, I try not to put on that much makeup at all. I hate feeling like I have crap caked onto my face.

How it used to look vs. how I have it now.

I'm certainly glad I've gotten better with makeup and such...

TROLLTROLLTROLL

TROLLTROLLTROLL

hic semper tyranis

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Michigan
  • Fav Band none
  • Fav Song none
As a guy, I think makeup can make girls look attractive, but please, please, please, PLEASE do not over do it.

If I were a girl, I probably would wear very little makeup if any at all, simply because I want to feel that I myself am attractive or worth noticing, rather than my makeup.

Bimp

Bimp

2gr8ful2beh8ful

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Worlds End Girlfriend
Well what if you weren't attractive or worth noticing? I personally don't see the problem with trying to make yourself look more presentable, and I hate it when people get stick because "lol their well ugly underneath there makeup lol".

But really, I just wish it was socially acceptable for men to wear make-up. Then I wouldn't have to be Barbara on the weekends.

TROLLTROLLTROLL

TROLLTROLLTROLL

hic semper tyranis

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Michigan
  • Fav Band none
  • Fav Song none
QUOTE (Nikita Selene Antoinette @ Apr 26 2010, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To get the disney princess look :b i have always loved long thick lashes :3

That's not the only thing you love long and thick.

Iceman.

Iceman.

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,274 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Anberlin
^ I dont get it, what are you implying?????????

DustinDestruction

DustinDestruction

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Georgia
  • Fav Band Blood On The Dance Floor
  • Fav Song Sexting
God, your gorgeous either way! biggrin.gif hehe

Iceman.

Iceman.

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,274 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Anberlin
^ thanks man smile.gif I appreciate your kind words :3

DustinDestruction

DustinDestruction

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Georgia
  • Fav Band Blood On The Dance Floor
  • Fav Song Sexting
No problem. tongue.gif

Mindy Simmons

Mindy Simmons

Mmm... footlong chili dog.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,195 posts
Honestly, I lack the motivation to put make up on most of the time. When I do wear it, it's usually very little. When it's just day wear, I use some concealer to hide the red spots, lip gloss to actually give my lips some colour, and eye shadow. If I'm going places, I use eyeliner and mascara as well, though I have to be careful with mascara since I have really long lashes and they tend to look somewhat comical if I don't use the right kind. I don't bother to hide my acne since I would have to cake the make up on to do that and I think that looks disgusting.

..alterKateion..

..alterKateion..

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Green Day
Home - just mascara plus maybe occasionally light kohl pencil on the outer rim of my eye.

Going out - mineral powder,
highlighter,
a tiny bit of bronzer on the outer edge of my face,
black and gold eyeshadow (blended constantly in many layers),
liquid eyeliner (applied with an eyeliner brush),
kohl pencil (to blend the liquid)
nude lipgloss.

:]

Oooo and for concerts or raves I've just acquired silver glitter lash mascara which I just put on the tips Hypnotized.gif

Marky Mark

Marky Mark

Don't Miss The Beat

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
QUOTE (iTunesDJ @ Apr 22 2010, 01:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Concealer if needed (I hate freckles)

As for eyeliner, depends if the girl can pull off black eyeliner or not.

awildfaggotappears!

awildfaggotappears!

kalsi

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,412 posts
Foundation and DAYUM I'M GOOD 2 GO.

Amelia_Jean

Amelia_Jean

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Tennessee
  • Fav Band Tom Petty
  • Fav Song Babies of the 80's
When I go out I throw on some powder, a little brown eyeliner and some mascara. If I feel a little less lazy I'll do really thin lines of liquid eyeliner. And then I just wear lipgloss. smile.gif

EspoirTheMage

EspoirTheMage

EC's Welcome Wagon

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,140 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -x-
  • Fav Song Fields of gold-Sting
QUOTE (23 @ Apr 28 2010, 03:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well what if you weren't attractive or worth noticing? I personally don't see the problem with trying to make yourself look more presentable, and I hate it when people get stick because "lol their well ugly underneath there makeup lol".

But really, I just wish it was socially acceptable for men to wear make-up. Then I wouldn't have to be Barbara on the weekends.

I agree with you.

and I also think it should be socially acceptable for guys to wear make-up.

And @ Someone Else:
I use bare minerals foundation as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users