Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I Think My Dad Loves Me A Little Too Much

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

Lightning.

Lightning.

Zap!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,058 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Snow Patrol
  • Fav Song The Lightning Strike
It's all innocent and above board
Stop trying to make your dad sound like he's being all seedy and making advances on you

Oracle

Oracle

And From The Ashes

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Something or another
^Agreed (Edit: I meant Ightning, but I agree with Jess too)

Love him back. All he really wants is that. I went through a stage where I couldn't stand my dad, and he became clingy, overprotective. The instant I got over it he stopped. Seriously, until it starts affecting you badly, (Stopping you get on with your social life, school, homework, sleep, food. Internet, music and tv are not social life, btw) love him back. That's all he wants.
Think about him for a change.

xEmx

xEmx

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
whenever i say goodnight or anything that shows affection, he just goes frickin psycho.
and i know it's great that he loves me and all that, but too much of anything is too much.

NazTheCatfishFucker

NazTheCatfishFucker

The Injection Whore

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,840 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band none
I clearly think you dont want an advice you're just complaining. smile.gif not everyone has to agree with you my dear.

xEmx

xEmx

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
yes i probably am just venting. sorry about that

One stop hug shop

One stop hug shop

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band The word alive
  • Fav Song Loads of songs
QUOTE (xEmx @ May 6 2010, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes i know, teenager loathing parent, same old thing. but he's really getting on my nerves.
well, my dad is very loving and likes to give hugs and everything, but i think it's just too much. honestly, every second he's always going, "I LOVE YOU!" and trying to hug me or just randomly touch me, no not in a dirty way. i always tell him to go away, but he never does. like, whenever i'm laying with my mom on the couch he always comes and tries to lay on me. i tell him to go away, but he doesn't. i try to push him away, but he comes back. i always yell at him to leave me alone and he just goes, "but i love you!" and i say, "i don't care, go away!" and he just keeps repeating himself, "but i love you! doesn't that matter?" i basically have to fight him off. and it repeats, every day, for the past sixteen years.
even my mom tells him to stop, but my dad won't listen. she always tells him to leave me alone. and he'll do anything if i just give him a hug, and my mom said to him, "you're just teaching her to give away affection to get stuff."
i know, i've been given the whole lecture from my friends, "well, at least it's better than him hitting you like some dads." but i somehow can't help but feel that this can't be quite mentally healthy and not quite right. for example, i find that when i'm with my friends i tend to get kinda clingy like my dad. like, i always lean on them and give an excessive amount of hugs and stuff. fortunately, most of them think it's cute so they don't find it annoying. but one day when i'm actually living with people other than my parents and my brother, i can't help but wonder what i'll be like.
so, does anyone have any suggestions on how to make him stop being like this? or if not, is there a way i can make sure it doesn't influence me too much?
and i'm sorry if it's kinda long, i tend to go on sometimes.
well i love 2 get hugs if i could hug all day i would. But n0t mi dad. Wat kind son hugs his dad. Any ways like friends i w0uld hug friends. And pets like mi dog. In a n0n sick way. Hahaha h0pe i helped

Wretch

Wretch

Barbarian

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,209 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band .
  • Fav Song .
QUOTE (that cup cake @ May 8 2010, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But n0t mi dad. Wat kind son hugs his dad.

The good kind, you asshole.

TerrierChad

TerrierChad

PINGAS

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,730 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Pearl Jam
  • Fav Song Pearl Jam - Alive
QUOTE (that cup cake @ May 8 2010, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well i love 2 get hugs if i could hug all day i would. But n0t mi dad. Wat kind son hugs his dad. Any ways like friends i w0uld hug friends. And pets like mi dog. In a n0n sick way. Hahaha h0pe i helped

Not your Dad? I'd give my right arm to do so but some people don't get that chance. Think before you type next time or be at risk of sounding like a complete tool again.

Lostnbrokenhearted4ever

Lostnbrokenhearted4ever

The Damned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
QUOTE (that cup cake @ May 8 2010, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So you take it up the shitter by canine, but you don't hug your dad?

morphine_dreams

morphine_dreams

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
i wish i had a dad that loved me.. jerk

NazTheCatfishFucker

NazTheCatfishFucker

The Injection Whore

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,840 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band none
QUOTE (that cup cake @ May 8 2010, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ahh someone translate...?

TerrierChad

TerrierChad

PINGAS

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,730 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Pearl Jam
  • Fav Song Pearl Jam - Alive
QUOTE (Dynamite @ May 9 2010, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ahh someone translate...?

Quick translation of "that cup cakes" post:
"I'm a complete numpty."

Lightning.

Lightning.

Zap!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,058 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Snow Patrol
  • Fav Song The Lightning Strike
QUOTE (that cup cake @ May 8 2010, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fail post failed
You left out too many o's you aren't dedicated enough to trolling
You are the weakest link buhbaii -winks-

.Werewolf.

.Werewolf.

I think you took the wrong street

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Anything
He may over love you and annoy with it but it is better to have a loving caring father then not have one.

xEmx

xEmx

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
yes but it's all about balance.

Marky Mark

Marky Mark

Don't Miss The Beat

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
QUOTE (xEmx @ May 7 2010, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the thing is, everything he does is legal in every way. but i still can't help but feel like it's kinda...not. like telling someone to stop and then they don't. and when i try to get up to leave he goes "no stay!" and physically holds me down so i can't leave.

I hug all my friends all the time. They tell me to stop. I do it anyways. It's the only way I can show them how much I actually to care for them. Other then of course being there with them. Even then, there is only so much you can do. ;o

Anywho, your parents raised you. Like I said earlier, they DESERVE to be able to love you in every possible legal form.

Even though Jess already woman handled this quite nicely :x

EspoirTheMage

EspoirTheMage

EC's Welcome Wagon

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,140 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -x-
  • Fav Song Fields of gold-Sting
Anyone that is too clingy can get annoying. Especially if it's a guy that won't leave you alone.

But this is your father and even though he's all "Please don't leave," when you try to go to bed or whatever, at least he wants you around, you know?

He could be afraid that you'll become an out of control teen or something? So he's trying to be involved in your life so you don't get knocked up or taken advantaged of or fall into the wrong crowd? Keeping you close by I guess could provide him comfort in knowing where you are, and what you could possibly be doing.

My dad used to drink when I was little and I'd watch as he would finally pass out on the couch with the door unlocked and the TV flickering. I had to be alone with him in that state, and it was quite scary.

Not comparing or anything, not at all, but if your father is just being annoying and making you lift your eyebrow every now and then count your blessings as every one else said.

I'm not sure what answer you would be satisfied with to be honest. I don't know what you want to hear, or if you prefer, read.

There's really not much you can do and shouting at him and telling you hate him will only hurt his feelings and you will be left with another annoyance:

Guilt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users