Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Stop Piercing Rejection.

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

COOL CRAZY EMO BOY

COOL CRAZY EMO BOY

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Prodigy
I recently got some great advice that for change seems to work !

This is for everyone who has had a problem with piercings being rejected or is thinking of getting a new piercing.

The body rejects piercings as part of their natural healing process, they believe the body has a foreign object embedded in them and think this could cause infection and possible death therefore slowly ejects the piercing to protect you from harm.

The advice I got was to trick the body into thinking the foreign object has been removed already and the threat has gone.

If you regularly change your piercing to another type of metal or material the body will not be able to keep up with the information, as the way it removes say a thorn has to be different to that of glass due to the antibodies used to stop possible infection.

I just thought i would share this with you all as i have seen a lot of difference with my new brow piercing.

I suggest using gold jewelery where possible as the body finds it very hard to see gold as a problem due to its pure content and lack of toxins.

Hope this helps some of you ?

Lightning.

Lightning.

Zap!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,058 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Snow Patrol
  • Fav Song The Lightning Strike
As does silver, titanium and surgical steel
and ew gold, nasty looking, is expensive but looks so cheap

A way to keep it from rejecting, is to clean it and keep dirt out of it
I use savalon to clean my new piercings

XnewtX

XnewtX

Day Old

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,674 posts
QUOTE (Whatsername @ Sep 7 2010, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and ew gold, nasty looking, is expensive but looks so cheap

A way to keep it from rejecting, is to clean it and keep dirt out of it
I use savalon to clean my new piercings

i hate gold so much its horrible and like you said does look cheap

and savalon spray is the way to go spray back and front morning and night and there should be no problems !!

THE MAN

THE MAN

Let me lead you to a place unknown to sunlight...

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Sugarcult
  • Fav Song Hesitate - Stone Sour
Still white gold is expensive. I prefer the stainless steel. I don't think I can do much with mah dermals as they are imbedded, but it is an idea to keep in mind.

Two Headed Bro

Two Headed Bro

basedyoloswag4lyf

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Lil B 'The Based God'
  • Fav Song Lil B - I'm God
That is pretty Terrible advice. Constantly changing the jewelry will aggravate the piercing much more than help it, especially if it is new. The best option for new piercings is surgical stainless steel.
To stop piercings rejecting and not getting infected, the best advice is to keep them clean and not aggravate them. Especially with new piercings refrain from changing the jewelry for as long as fucking possible (over a month preferrably)
Plox dosregard this guys' advice

ChaoticHoshi

ChaoticHoshi

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
I never had piercings before and I got my nipples pierced about a month ago, and I know for damn straight that taking them out to change them during the healing process would be a the worst idea ever!

Ashlee'

Ashlee'

YAY.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,871 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band rr
  • Fav Song rr
i've had 7 piercings (including ear) which have never rejected.
the only ones which rejected were anti-brow and bridge.
but my friend pierced my anti-brow for me (it looked professional, didn't get infected or any of that shit) so i didn't expect it to last too long (lasted 2, maybe 3 months)
and my bridge was wonky anyway, just looked terrible.

EDIT: if your piercing grows out, it's usually a sign that it shouldn't be there.
so let it grow out?

Nycki Drew Ingles(:

Nycki Drew Ingles(:

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I must say, piercing yourself isn't so bad...Just to speak as a fourteen year old girl who pierced her own lip. I've had it a month and halfish now and I love it. Yes it hurt, but only for a second. And as long as you clean it, it won't get infected. If you're too young to get it done and you're impatient like myself, putting a needle through your lip isn't so bad. So long as you steralize it with alcahol and rub peroxide and/or solution stuff on it everyday it's fine. And this is from mee, my ear fucking got infected getting it done at a piercing place, when I did it myself, it was fine. So does that tell you anything?

Marky Mark

Marky Mark

Don't Miss The Beat

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
QUOTE (Nycki Drew Ingles(: @ Nov 12 2010, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I must say, piercing yourself isn't so bad...Just to speak as a fourteen year old girl who pierced her own lip. I've had it a month and halfish now and I love it. Yes it hurt, but only for a second. And as long as you clean it, it won't get infected. If you're too young to get it done and you're impatient like myself, putting a needle through your lip isn't so bad. So long as you steralize it with alcahol and rub peroxide and/or solution stuff on it everyday it's fine. And this is from mee, my ear fucking got infected getting it done at a piercing place, when I did it myself, it was fine. So does that tell you anything?

Beware of ze nervezzzz

Two Headed Bro

Two Headed Bro

basedyoloswag4lyf

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Lil B 'The Based God'
  • Fav Song Lil B - I'm God
QUOTE (Nycki Drew Ingles(: @ Nov 13 2010, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please don't ever promote self piercing. Especially not to idiot teenagers.

.Aneraxium.

.Aneraxium.

Peace, Love & Serenity

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,038 posts
QUOTE (Nycki Drew Ingles(: @ Nov 12 2010, 07:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, YOU'RE AN IDIOT. Not because you had gotten your ears infected but because you pierced yourself.

I hope that needle was fucking sterile. Like legit as sterile as it can get. I highly doubt it was.
But if it wasn't I'd have a laugh fest.

You're fourteen, You should know better then doing that.

Your ear probably got infected either because you weren't cleaning it right.

---

COOL CRAZY EMO BOY: thats one of the dumbest things I have EVER heard. That's a really terrible idea. I hope no one takes that advise.

Azrael.

Azrael.

Wake me up when the world is sane.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,862 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -
  • Fav Song -
Ugh. ^ Calm down a bit, I agree with you, but God you sounded angry.

Anyways, OP's advice isn't really all that helpfull and there's fourteen year olds telling people to self pierce. Hmmmmmm...

Lockitylocklock.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users