Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Another Opinion Thread

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

I See Hosers Eh

I See Hosers Eh

Corrupt the non believers to the greatness of thrash metal

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
would it be appropriate for a teenage girl to date someone 2 times her age?
whats your opinion on that anyways?
or what age difference would be to much for you.

in my opinion after people are 20 or about that or on their own or independent. Once both people are mature the age difference is more acceptable, but in the teen years, it just seems really sketchy with someone who's more then a year or two older.
dating is only really smart when you know who you are and who you like. cause that changes with your opinion on your self.
i know girls mature older then guys, but not all teen guys are immature horndogs like they say, some are mature for their age.
so this is rather confusing, and stereotyping teen guys.

just my 2 cents...
if you have anything to say about stuff like this just reply, otherwise theres no need to.

BtK

BtK

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
It depends on the people to be honest, I know a 17 year old who's perfectly happy with a 23 year old.

I See Hosers Eh

I See Hosers Eh

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
true, but theres a difference between 17 dating 23 and 15 dating 30

Lightning.

Lightning.

Zap!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,058 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Snow Patrol
  • Fav Song The Lightning Strike
I hate massive age gaps like that :/

My bf is 5years older than I am, which is grand imo

But a 10 or 20 year gap to me is just wrong

Occasional_Desire

Occasional_Desire

WE WILL RISE!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,820 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Hurt
  • Fav Song Rapture
QUOTE (brandonthekid22 @ Nov 1 2010, 02:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It depends on the people to be honest, I know a 17 year old who's perfectly happy with a 23 year old.

This.

I think when you hit 17, 5 to 6 age gaps are acceptable. But I don't believe the same for a 16 year old dating somebody 21/22. It's completely understandable that people in their 20's start to show attention towards others 10 years older than they are. Though, personally, it's a no for me. It's just something I see as weird.

A lot of young teenagers seem to think (in that situation), ooh I'm dating someone older than me, rather than thinking about the dangers.

Infinity

Infinity

We are all broken lights

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts
QUOTE (brandonthekid22 @ Oct 31 2010, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When I started dating, me and my boyfriend were these exact same ages. It depends on the person, once past 17 - 18 I think age doesn't really matter a much. Of course people can be in completely different stages of life, like say a 50 year old and a 20 year old wouldn't have much in common. But once your past high school it's pretty much the same challenges til you hit retirement age.

Pumpkin King Zachy~*`

Pumpkin King Zachy~*`

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
QUOTE (Occasional_Desire @ Nov 1 2010, 03:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A lot of young teenagers seem to think (in that situation), ooh I'm dating someone older than me, rather than thinking about the dangers.

I also think that a lot of teenagers, particularly girls, think that a relationship with some one older would be easier and more enjoyable because they're "more mature", which isn't always the case. I totally agree with 15 and 20 being huge while 17 and 23 is fine. I think it depends on what stage of life the couple is in individually as seperate people as to whether it will work, a big part anyway.

THE MAN

THE MAN

Let me lead you to a place unknown to sunlight...

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Sugarcult
  • Fav Song Hesitate - Stone Sour
Age may be just a number to some but statutory rape isn't just a threat.

The Wretched Egg

The Wretched Egg

A Growing Seed

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,768 posts
QUOTE (Faithless_Serenade_Meep @ Nov 4 2010, 07:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Age may be just a number to some but statutory rape isn't just a threat.

That's a very profound thought.

All I can say is that there are always things that will attract people to others. Not necessarily age, because age can be defined in numbers but in maturity as well. People can be 40 years old in age and appearance, but still have the mentality of a 20 year old college student. This may appeal to someone who's actually 20 years old because they may share similar interests, views, opinions or style, etc-what have you. I say if the person is the legal age of consent, they should be free to date whomever they please, regardless of how old, or young, they may be themselves.

I See Hosers Eh

I See Hosers Eh

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
QUOTE (Karasu @ Nov 5 2010, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's a very profound thought.

All I can say is that there are always things that will attract people to others. Not necessarily age, because age can be defined in numbers but in maturity as well. People can be 40 years old in age and appearance, but still have the mentality of a 20 year old college student. This may appeal to someone who's actually 20 years old because they may share similar interests, views, opinions or style, etc-what have you. I say if the person is the legal age of consent, they should be free to date whomever they please, regardless of how old, or young, they may be themselves.

its more maturity then age, like you said.
but theres still a huge difference between 15(girl) and 30(guy) no matter how the guy acts.

THE MAN

THE MAN

Let me lead you to a place unknown to sunlight...

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Sugarcult
  • Fav Song Hesitate - Stone Sour
I believe Davey was referring to after the age of consent. I personally think you're pretty fucked at 30 for aiming for a midget.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users