Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Featured Artist

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

Hyena.

Hyena.

Who?

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,894 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -
  • Fav Song -
Welcome to our first Featured Artist!

We'll be running this for a week, and in that time, you'll have all the opportunity you could ever want to ask Shutterbug/Chewy all you could ever want to know about all things artistic.

Basic rules; he doesn't have to answer anything he doesn't want to, he doesn't have to answer any questions that have already been asked, and you guys have to be nice.

Let's get the ball rolling:

1. Do you have a favorite artist or photographer? If so, who, and why?

2. How about a favorite artpiece, or photo? Again, why?

3. What inspired you to purse photography? What makes you continue? How do you know when to take a photo, and where from with what camera?

4. If you could choose any 2 works you've posted on ec for people to view, which ones would they be and why?(linkys plox)

5. You've also dabbled in drawing. Why? What's your favourite artform besides photography? Do you want to try any other mediums apart from pencil drawings and photos?

chewy

chewy

If found, please return to Forzare <3

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Infected Mushroom
  • Fav Song Reach - S Club 7
1. Do you have a favorite artist or photographer? If so, who, and why?
I have no favourite photographer or artist. I prefer instead to browse the communities photos on websites like flickr, and have come across some very talented people. I do not feel like there is any celebrity photographer as it were that is my favourite. You can see my favourites here favourites

2. How about a favorite artpiece, or photo? Again, why?
Nope, I like my photos like I like my music. They change, one moment I have a favourite photo, a favourite band, then it changes. you get the idea. Fav pic atm though is probably this

3. What inspired you to purse photography? What makes you continue? How do you know when to take a photo, and where from with what camera?

I don't think anything inspired me, I just picked up a camera and took my first photos and they came out well.. Almost like it came naturally. I went to Iceland and my dad gave me a nikon D80 to take. Safe to say I dropped it on the first day out of a locker, but it still worked (kind of). I just love taking pictures, and when I started to become friends with Frankie she was big into photography. I looked up to her on it and told myself that one day I would be better than her. I was right wink.gif. I can't really remember how I started though.

I continue because I enjoy doing it.. I love it when people like my work, especially using them as desktops and stuff like that.

I often get nervous when taking pictures around people because I think they'll judge me, so I tend not to feel free. I'd like to stand for half an hour getting it just right but people seem to think that it's bam one click and there you go.. so I rush. (Hyena can vouch for this)

when I finally get relaxed, I just get into a flow and it works.

I have two cameras now, the 5D mkii, which is for anything not zoomed in, and the 7d, which is for anything zoomed in.

4. If you could choose any 2 works you've posted on ec for people to view, which ones would they be and why?(linkys plox)
This is just one of my favourite photos... the elegance and darkness just go so well.

2 Probably this also.

5. You've also dabbled in drawing. Why? What's your favourite artform besides photography? Do you want to try any other mediums apart from pencil drawings and photos?

I dabbled into drawing because unfortunately dragons do not exist to have their photographs taken.

Yes, and I will this year very much dabble in the art of videography.

thanks smile.gif

Forzare!

Forzare!

roosterteeth

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,593 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Lorde
  • Fav Song Lorde - Bravado

Have any tips for people wanting to start a bit of amateur photography?
What are your favourite things to photograph? Do you prefer still life, people, objects, animals, what, and for what reasons?
Do you have a favourite place to take photos?
Anywhere you want to go to take photos in the world?
Where has photography taken you so far?
Do you edit your photos? If so how and how much?
What makes a bad photo in general?
What makes a photo good?

chewy

chewy

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • Country
Have any tips for people wanting to start a bit of amateur photography?
snap snap snap snap snap. Take loads of pictures and learn from the photos you like. work out what your style will be and work on it. Look at other peoples photos and try to copy them... then integrate the skills you learn into your own. much like learning other songs before you start to write and play your own.

What are your favourite things to photograph? Do you prefer still life, people, objects, animals, what, and for what reasons?
I like photographing people because you can capture their emotion. I would like to take more photos like that this year because A lot of my photos have a very modelled-face in that I tell them how to look. Having said that i love all types of photography.

Do you have a favourite place to take photos?
Not really, always finding new places to take photos.

Anywhere you want to go to take photos in the world?
I'd like to go to Japan, and back to Iceland. And New York. And the desert. I guess I'll have to make do with the 15 countries I am going to though.

Where has photography taken you so far?
peoples bedrooms.

OLOL.

nah, people have some of my work in their house, and my job came with my photography skills.

Do you edit your photos? If so how and how much?
Yes I do. It depends on the photo, and what I see in my head when I see that photo. I don't know wether you can over edit a photo, just edit it badly and it will look like that.

What makes a bad photo in general?
Lack of thought. If a photo looks like you wanted it to, it's probably good. If not, it's probably a bad photo.

What makes a photo good?
1.Light
2.Thought
3.angles
4.positioning
5.colour and contrast

LionJess

LionJess

Mistress of Ceremonies/Jessica the Vile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,100 posts
How far would you go to take a really great photo? (Especially with say, putting your safety at risk)

I think I remember hearing you say before you'd love to eventually work for say, National Geographic. How'd you plan on doing this? What'd be the dream?

Do you get many people buying your photos now?

Can you ever see yourself ending up doing something like, say, wedding photos just to make money?

chewy

chewy

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  • Country
How far would you go to take a really great photo? (Especially with say, putting your safety at risk)
if I had the money and the resources I'm sure i'd go as far as i could to get an amazing photo.

I think I remember hearing you say before you'd love to eventually work for say, National Geographic. How'd you plan on doing this? What'd be the dream?
well my current job involves a lot of photography so hopefully getting the chewymedia name out there will be a good start.

Do you get many people buying your photos now?
not really sad.gif

Can you ever see yourself ending up doing something like, say, wedding photos just to make money?
Probably, don't really see the problem as long as I can add my own touch to wedding photos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users