Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

My Parents Want To Spend

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
105 replies to this topic

Dylan The Damn Douchebag.

Suck it up, buttercup.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
My parents want to spend "quality" time with me 24/7 and they suckk, becuz they dont accept who i am and only try to change me. I dont want to spend time with them all the time and shit. What Should I tell them?

Pretty-Rave-Girl♥

Pretty-Rave-Girl♥

Hopelessly Confused

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts
i hav the SAME problem w/ my family. just avoid them, and tell them u don't want to do stuff with them, but do it in a nice way. like as a joke. like, i always joke with my dad and in a cute/funny/sarcastic kinda way i say to him "I can't go out in public with my dad!!! That's embarrasin!! That's the WORST thing i could! You're going to scar me for life!!" and he just laughs becuz of the way i say it. just try to slowly work ur way out of it like i do. i hope that made sense. smile.gif

Suck it up, buttercup.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
QUOTE (xXxSlipping AwayxXx @ Mar 6 2008, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i hav the SAME problem w/ my family. just avoid them, and tell them u don't want to do stuff with them, but do it in a nice way. like as a joke. like, i always joke with my dad and in a cute/funny/sarcastic kinda way i say to him "I can't go out in public with my dad!!! That's embarrasin!! That's the WORST thing i could! You're going to scar me for life!!" and he just laughs becuz of the way i say it. just try to slowly work ur way out of it like i do. i hope that made sense. smile.gif

Yeah it made sense but my parents realy suck. Like they will force me to do stuff with them or they will take my laptop away and shit sad.gif

Pretty-Rave-Girl♥

Pretty-Rave-Girl♥

Hopelessly Confused

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts
QUOTE (.x.X.Dylxn.X.x. @ Mar 6 2008, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah it made sense but my parents realy suck. Like they will force me to do stuff with them or they will take my laptop away and shit sad.gif

my dad gets like that sometimes. i guess u should just do wut they want and save urself a whole lot of trouble. good luck.

Gunman

Gunman

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts
Be thankful that your parents love you enough to want to spend time with you. Many kids don't have that luxury. Many are either ignored or beaten by their parents. Some kids don't even have parents. Be thankful, kid. Be thankful. Tell them that you love them and that you're grateful to them; for they gave you the greatest gift, of all. The gift of life. Take it from someone; who knew of only death. Also, don't be so hard on them. Chances are, they're not spending time with you because they want to change you. Chances are, they want to spend time with you because you're their kid. You are their fucking kid. You're their pride and joy, and they want to get to know you better, as a person. They can't read your mind, and know every single aspect of your being, kid. Their people too, kid. Just give them a chance, and spend time with them. Who knows? Not only will they get to know you better, but you might get to know a few things about your folks, as well.

RoscoBenjamin

RoscoBenjamin

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Jeff Buckley
QUOTE (Gunman @ Mar 6 2008, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Be thankful that your parents love you enough to want to spend time with you. Many kids don't have that luxury. Many are either ignored or beaten by their parents. Some kids don't even have parents. Be thankful, kid. Be thankful. Tell them that you love them and that you're grateful to them; for they gave you the greatest gift, of all. The gift of life. Take it from someone; who knew of only death. Also, don't be so hard on them. Chances are, they're not spending time with you because they want to change you. Chances are, they want to spend time with you because you're their kid. You are their fucking kid. You're their pride and joy, and they want to get to know you better, as a person. They can't read your mind, and know every single aspect of your being, kid. Their people too, kid. Just give them a chance, and spend time with them. Who knows? Not only will they get to know you better, but you might get to know a few things about your folks, as well.

Gunman,that was one great post.I salute you.

Grim Reaper

Grim Reaper

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
I say give em a chance, and see what happens. cherish the time you have with your parents. I only have one now, and its not the one I'd LIKE to have. I miss my dad and regret not being able to have spent more time with him, because he was like, totally awesome back when he was alive.

if you dont give them some memories, and yourself some, at the same time. parents are irreplaceable in your life, so make the most of the time with them while you have a chance.
worst case, you can say you gave them a chance and they blew it.

xXAmnesiacXx

xXAmnesiacXx

Trippin balls

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band STS9
QUOTE (.x.X.Dylxn.X.x. @ Mar 6 2008, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My parents want to spend "quality" time with me and they scuk, becuz thry dont sccept who i am and only try to change me. I dont want to spend time with them and shit. What Should I tell them?

How do they try to change you? What do you that they don't agree with? And how do they want to spend time with you? Did they tell you that they want to go out with you, or that it would be nice to see you leave your room, maybe eat dinner with them. There's a difference.

sentient

sentient

Fascist

• Legacy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,293 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band dropkick murphys
Tell them that you're sorry you're such a selfish little tool who couldn't care less how hard your parents are trying to connect with you because you're too wrapped up in your own world of eyeliner, bad music and terrible choices in life.

Hope i helped biggrin.gif

RoscoBenjamin

RoscoBenjamin

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Jeff Buckley
QUOTE (sentient @ Mar 6 2008, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tell them that you're sorry you're such a selfish little tool who couldn't care less how hard your parents are trying to connect with you because you're too wrapped up in your own world of eyeliner, bad music and terrible choices in life.

OMGZZZ SENTIENT,YOU'RE A COLD EMO HATING BITCH FOR SAYING EMO MUSIC SUCKZZ.MCR FOREVAAA
lol.i love you sentient hahah

Totalitarianism

Totalitarianism

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Light This City
  • Fav Song 99 by The Haunted
If they're threatening to take your laptop then just go along with it. Say what they want to hear. As soon as it's over you can go back to hating the shit out of them.

louise

louise

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
QUOTE (.x.X.Dylxn.X.x. @ Mar 6 2008, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My parents want to spend "quality" time with me and they scuk, becuz thry dont sccept who i am and only try to change me. I dont want to spend time with them and shit. What Should I tell them?

stop complaining about your parents and be grateful that they care enough about you to spend time with you. Just go...suck it up and be considerate of your rent's feelings...and try thinking about what your life would be like if your parents didnt get up and go to work to pay for your needs.

Conviction

Conviction

Forum Evil

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,147 posts
  • Fav Band -
QUOTE (.x.X.Dylxn.X.x. @ Mar 7 2008, 02:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You should be happy instead, retard.

Your parents love you and want to spend time with you and all you can do is bitch about that?

I wouldn't even piss on you when you'd be on fire with this mentality, sorry.

Rockergirl_Susie

Rockergirl_Susie

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Country
  • US State:California
  • Fav Band system of a down
  • Fav Song come as you are
its not allways bad around parent u can make them buy u stuff while ur out ^-^ and ya there boring but they just love ya be happy they love u so much i wish my mom would want to hang some timez so ya.. ^-^ good luckz

XnewtX

XnewtX

Day Old

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,674 posts
i just say im going out with my mates
even if im not

Suck it up, buttercup.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
QUOTE (xXAmnesiacXx @ Mar 6 2008, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How do they try to change you? What do you that they don't agree with? And how do they want to spend time with you? Did they tell you that they want to go out with you, or that it would be nice to see you leave your room, maybe eat dinner with them. There's a difference.

I eat dinner with them everday...

Suck it up, buttercup.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
QUOTE (sentient @ Mar 6 2008, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why do you have to make fun of my life when every day is living hell because i get beaten up at school becuase i like to be different. and my music ROCKZ HXC!

Suck it up, buttercup.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
QUOTE (louise @ Mar 7 2008, 02:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
stop complaining about your parents and be grateful that they care enough about you to spend time with you. Just go...suck it up and be considerate of your rent's feelings...and try thinking about what your life would be like if your parents didnt get up and go to work to pay for your needs.

Acutally I had to go get a job because they wont pay for anything. they even take mobey from me so they can buy stuff, even tho they dont need to. and parents arent considerate about my feelings so why should i be considerate about theirs?

Suck it up, buttercup.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
QUOTE (Conviction @ Mar 7 2008, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You should be happy instead, retard.

Your parents love you and want to spend time with you and all you can do is bitch about that?

I wouldn't even piss on you when you'd be on fire with this mentality, sorry.

My parents dont love me, if they loved me they would accept who i am and respect my choices in life. If they and they ARE trying to change me thats one of the main reasons they want to spend time with me, they say "OH theres some nice jeans instead of those stupid girl jeans you wear." and "You ARE buying these golf shirts and taking those stupid tight ones off and throwing them in the garbage." they just dont accept my life style.

Suck it up, buttercup.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
QUOTE (XnewtX @ Mar 7 2008, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i just say im going out with my mates
even if im not

Yeah, I would do that if i lived in town.. i live in like the middle of nowhere...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users