Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Inevitable Rain.

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

Nereus

Nereus

The Old Man Of The Sea

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,833 posts
Matthews shrugged thinking he had done a service. He looked at the PhD who had this stern look on her face. "Ma'am, I won't shoot unless I have to." He knew in his heart he would fire his weapon again, but for the time-being, he holstered his weapon back into his pants.

"No, it looks like the beach. Look at all the shells. If we continue to walk down, we should have been hitting water. If anything, if we walk in the opposite direction, we should find jagged cliffs, and jetties. This is the strangest island I've ever been on."

[Eh post. Sorry guys]

Dr. Slade

Dr. Slade

Time Lord.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts
Bones threw on his backpack, and fell in the group.

There's certainly a lot more to this place then i care to know, he thought.

Looking at the hazy sky, he realozed that the group lacked any real shelter, but there must be inflatable life rafts somewhere in the area, from the aircraft.

"Should we get started on a shelter?"

deactivated

deactivated

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Raven glanced at Bones. "Excuse me, but where am I?"

The Oro

The Oro

Master Helljumper

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band The Hunted
"Should we get started on a shelter?"

Karen hung her head, slacked her shoulders and let out a sigh. As she about-faced to face the other serviceman, she noticed he had donned his rucksack--apparently, he had thoughts that this was already turning into a trek, or worse: another LOST series.

"Will you just relax? We don't even know where we are. We could be...off the coast of bloody South America for all we know. So put the bag down, take a seat, and let's talk out a plan. You know, like normal survivors of a plane crash?"

Nereus

Nereus

The Old Man Of The Sea

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,833 posts
Matthews turned to the military guy with the backpack. "I don't think we're going to scour out the entire island to search for life rafts. Plus, we're really not sure what we'll be facing. But hey, I'd be the first one to trek along with you if you wanted- just me and my pistol is all I need."

The sky was still glimmering with specks of yellowish incandescence. The smoke had all but disappeared, and the only thing left was some murkiness. He overheard the same military guy talk about building a shelter. Matthews didn't think a shelter was necessary; the smart idea was to get all the survivors together, and come up with some blueprint on how to navigate the island and such.

Matthews turned to the tatted woman. "So, what do we do next," he asked with a sly smile on his face.

Dr. Slade

Dr. Slade

Time Lord.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts
Bones laughed, "I'm all for talking, but in the meantime we have wounded, and a need for food and water. And even if we're off the coast of bloody South America, these people need some kind of shelter."

Turning to the Lieutenant, "Sir i respectfully suggest, that we start work on a shelter for the wounded while you two plan. There's no reason to keep them out in the elements, when we don't know when a rescue is inbound"

Though he would certainly look like a hothead and a cowboy, Bones knew that the people were the priority, and the fact that military personell, furthermore with advanced survival training, should be an asset.

Reaching into his bag, he pulled out his Satallite phone.

"It could be broken, but i highly doubt it, all you get is a busy tone"

Nereus

Nereus

The Old Man Of The Sea

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,833 posts
Matthews looked up, gazing at the hazy sky which was beginning to take on a obsidian look. He stood up, and thought for a second. The military man does have a point, regardless of what the tatted woman thinks. He shot over a stern look at the tatted woman as he was still waiting response to his question. Most likely she would probably not answer, as Matthews didn't think she was found of his act first, think second attitude. It didn't matter though. Matthews knew this wasn't some kind of ego contest, and he had thought he already swallowed his.

He glanced in the direction of the other military man, and nodded his head in agreement. "If we're going to build some kind of shelter, we're going to have to build a lean-to shelter. Shelters like that are quite easy to build, and fit in any kind of terrain. Just remember we need to build it so it's not facing the direction of the wind." Matthews knew he needed to find sticks. The shelter wouldn't take long to build, and at least if any kind of weather decided to hit, the other passengers could be safe and sound from any meteorological elements.

The military man was looking at his satellite phone. "You have a signal on that thing?"

Dr. Slade

Dr. Slade

Time Lord.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts
Bones grinned An officer who knows his stuff, no shit.

"Yes sir, i can get on that asap. and the phone should get signal nd a direct line to my Commanding Officer, the problem is on that end"

and he did not want to know what that meant.

Nodding to the Lieutenant, he set over to whre the wounded were, gathering up sticks and palm fronds to lyer on top, as well as to serve as the flooring.

Nereus

Nereus

The Old Man Of The Sea

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,833 posts
Matthews smirked. He's of good use, this military guy.

Matthews found two sticks that were long enough in length so they could be implanted into the ground, and could also stand high enough so the various passengers could get in and out without any problems. "We'll need a really long branch, something at least 5 or 6 feet in length to serve as a ridge pole." The ridge pole would lay in between the two sticks that were implanted into the ground. Matthews called out to the other passengers, "go find me some more sticks. Just make sure they're straight." The other passengers scoured the area around where the shelter would be built. They threw the sticks in front of Matthews and the military man. "You'll have to help me fill in the roof top, then you can make the flooring of the shelter, and I'll tie the branches at the top." This was done with ease. Now they has the skeleton of the shelter built. Matthews again called out to the other passengers. "More sticks, guys, or whatever other materials you can find on this island." Matthews started at the bottom, and worked his way up to the top. It was important to work from bottom to top because if it rains or something, the water won't leak into the shelter itself, but will just run over the joints, and into the ground.

"Good job sir," Matthews called out to the military man, saluting the man to a job well done.

The Oro

The Oro

Master Helljumper

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band The Hunted
Karen was almost at a complete loss for words as she watched the two soldiers, clearly American Special Forces of some degree at this point, while they handed out orders to able-bodied passengers and established a half-assed, makeshift shelter from what they could. It wasn't an astounding impression of their effort that left her speechless, but the fact that some were, without question, actually following along with it.

She didn't want to try and contest their reasoning, shrugging as she turned face the horizon again. We haven't even mapped out the island yet, she thought as she started to fight the vertigo from looking down into the abyss. And I'm almost certain that I can see part of the coastal floor. Where the fucking hell are we?

Nereus

Nereus

The Old Man Of The Sea

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,833 posts
Matthews stared at the makeshift shelter that he, the other military guy, and some of the passengers had put together. He then noticed the tatted woman staring down into the depths below. That is far down, he thought as he glanced downward, then up towards the sky, and finally back at the other passengers. The waves of worry that enveloped their faces now turned to relaxation and comfort. At least for the time-being, there was calm, and Matthews couldn't afford another rash of panic. He was appreciative of the effort they all put in. If they were going to survive the island, they needed to be able to work together.

Maybe it's too calm, he thought as he walked away from the shelter, gazing in amazement and curiosity at the abyss below.

Dr. Slade

Dr. Slade

Time Lord.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts
Bones muttered "Can't be nukes, or the EMP would have fried my Satphone."

There was definitely a lack of ocean where ocean should have definitely been. Pulling out his flashlight, he could see fish, now clearly dead, but laying down on sand, and apparently coral.

He looked to the Lt. and the Woman, "Stupid question, but any ideas on why we don't have any ocean?

Nereus

Nereus

The Old Man Of The Sea

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,833 posts
Matthews shrugged his shoulders, looked down again, and gazed at the military man. Ruffling his fingers in his pockets, he wanted to know why the ocean was dry too. It didn't make much sense to him at that moment, but muttered to both the tatted woman, and the military man. "Well what I can remember from school is that there is something called the water cycle. You need precipitation to fall to replenish the ocean, so evaporation can then occur from the sun heating it up. Condensation occurs from the water vapor causing clouds, and then when the clouds cannot hold it anymore, precipitation occurs." Matthews knew he was probably talking out of his ass, as this was a question better handled by the PhD, who Matthews could no longer see in sight.

Still, it was very odd. First some sort of turbulence, then a plane crash, and now there is no ocean where there should be ocean.

The Oro

The Oro

Master Helljumper

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band The Hunted
"And if mother nature is staying true to her word," Karen continued still staring forward, "then rain should be falling within the next day or two since that volcano blew its cap. Most of the gas released from eruption is H2O. As for why I we can physically see the shelf and jaggedness of the ocean floor, it beats the hell out of me."

She exchanged glances with the soldiers on either side of her before throwing her hands up dismissively and turning about. "Well, at any rate. If help doesn't come--and I seriously doubt it's on the way--then we can always walk."

Dr. Slade

Dr. Slade

Time Lord.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts
Bones took a glance around, and said, "We're going to need a plan for the wounded"

Nereus

Nereus

The Old Man Of The Sea

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,833 posts
Matthews looked up, and agreed with the military man. "Yes, we do. Any ideas, sir?"

Dr. Slade

Dr. Slade

Time Lord.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts
Bones looked over the wreckage and turned to the Lieutenant,
"We could treat them best we can, and set out looking for help, but realistically they'd slow us down. If we left them here in a good shelter, they can use the survival rations, and wait here while we get help. If not, we can build something out of the wreckage to carry them with us."

It wasn't the best solution, but it was a start.

The Oro

The Oro

Master Helljumper

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band The Hunted
Karen shrugged. "If you want to take care of the wounded, then I won't object. Personally, I don't they'll last very long here without additional help but trying to leave here and travel wouldn't help them much either."

As much as she felt obligation to protect and preserve lives, the world wasn't exactly the same as she had recently observed. The island was going to run out of resources sooner or later; sooner being the more likely of the two with the sudden absence of water. "As of right now, we have to assume we're on our own. And with that," he picked up a stray backpack from the plane's ruptured cargo hold, "I have an ocean floor to traverse. I wouldn't want to waste anymore of anyone's time here."

Nereus

Nereus

The Old Man Of The Sea

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,833 posts
Matthews stood there, and thought long and hard on what to do. He called out to the tatted woman. "If you want to traverse the ocean floor, be my guest. I'm going to stay for now, and try to help some of the wounded." The tatted woman was right. This wasn't the same world they were now dealing with. But you couldn't just leave the wounded passengers there to die. Matthews, the PhD, the tatted woman, and the military man had all helped up to this point. It would be just wrong to leave them now.

Matthews shrugged a little, and looked at the military man. "Yes, they would slow us down, but they're not all worthless. However, you're going to leave them empty handed? We have our weapons still, they do not. They're going to have to stick close to us if we're going to scour the island looking for food. The last thing I want to see is more injury or even death because we took our eyes off of them."

Matthews bellowed loudly, "Whoever is in shape to come with us can come. But you need to stick with us, and stick behind us. We have no idea what we're going to be facing, and I don't want to risk one of you getting killed on this island." A few of the passengers- all male- got up and walked over to Matthews and the military man.

Matthews and the military man treated the rest of the passengers as best as they could while watching the tatted woman trek further away from them.

Dr. Slade

Dr. Slade

Time Lord.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,947 posts
Bones muttered to the Lieutenant, "Sir i'm not leaving anyone." Drawing the glock, he turned to the woman "i got an extra pistol, with two spare mags at twelve rounds each."

He continued to the Lieutenant "Either way, we need to stick together sir. Your making the right call "

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users