Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Modern Expectations

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

.Werewolf.

.Werewolf.

I think you took the wrong street

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Anything
Everyone knows about the computer edited models in magazines to promote some lipstick or eyeliner. The way too skinny girl with fake eye lashes and all the rest that doesn't exist in reality. What I would like to discuss in this thread is "What is the ideal size". This is for both men and women. The modern world make out that women are slender, sexy, devious, they're single and just so unreal. Males are to be tall, good looking and muscular. The more meat you have the better and that girls will swarm all over you but all this is just plain bull crap. Twenty years ago a size 12 was considered to be skinny, these days if you're not a size 2 or 0 you are considered to be fat in the eyes of the media. What I would like to know is your opinion on "What is the ideal size" in your own eyes. This is not like the bodies thread, that is your own personal "preferences". I'm talking about the more "general" thoughts and what should be.

To be honest I don't even know how size 2/0 became the new slender, it isn't necessary and besides. Last time I checked a lot of the guys liked their girls to be a little "fatter" then that. Not only is this just unrealistic but it also effects teenage girls mentally. They read these magazines and the media is practically planting in their brain the message "If you do not look like this girl, you are fat/ugly. Be like this and you will be popular and a star". It's just plain bullshit.

I think fashion models should be a bit more curvy and fatty then what they are now and they shouldn't have to be 6 ft tall to model a pair of jeans. Anyone of our members here are good enough to be a model. That is how it should be. The public should not be overloaded with fake people like this.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Who are touched up way to much to create something false.
Like this
Posted Image

Go.

PageNotFound404

PageNotFound404

Stupid teenager

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Closure
  • Fav Song Closure - Sebastian
Where do you see a real life zombie apocalypse?

On the catwalk, where models (which are actually walking skeletons) move back and forth

.. ...

.. ...

Recovering

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,226 posts
  • Country
  • US State:New York
  • Fav Band
  • Fav Song
Its been proven time and time again that men care more about a certain hip to waist ratio (0.7?) than they do about size.

awildfaggotappears!

awildfaggotappears!

kalsi

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,412 posts
I like girls around the 105/115 range... >_>

O Brave New World

O Brave New World

Republican and Proud.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts
wtf happened to her left arm?!?

I know what I want and that is all that matters.

finality

finality

Nigrescent Black Hole

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,517 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band .
I was wondering about the arm too.

I've always been really small, I'm barely 100lbs, but it's just the way I am naturally. I think curvier women look better generally. Meh, I'm not too bothered by the whole "models are too slim!" thing - there are always going to be insecurities regardless of the media. The media don't have any responsibility to make women feel better about themselves - women have to be strong enough to say "I don't look like that but that doesn't mean I'm ugly". Self esteem has to come from within, the media are just trying to make money, they don't owe anything to women.

.. ...

.. ...

Recovering

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,226 posts
  • Country
  • US State:New York
  • Fav Band
  • Fav Song
Also, all of this guy's girlfriends have been 130-140 lbs. Fuck skinny chicks.

.Werewolf.

.Werewolf.

I think you took the wrong street

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Anything
^huh

PageNotFound404

PageNotFound404

Stupid teenager

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Closure
  • Fav Song Closure - Sebastian

wtf happened to her left arm?!?

Shit, I didn't notice that until what you just said about the arm .... that's quite a mystery actually :L

Algernon

Algernon

Immer nach Hause

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,554 posts

Shit, I didn't notice that until what you just said about the arm .... that's quite a mystery actually :L

A dark, impenetrable mystery that will haunt mankind's collective unconscious for millennia to come. It will join a long list of inexplicable enigmas like the Baghdad battery, the stone spheres of Costa Rica, the construction of the pyramids, the Nazca Lines and other such vaguely disturbing yet endlessly captivating puzzles.

Or you can just Google 'left arm' and 'model'. First hit tells me that the girl is Kelly Knox (link).

It's an image every girl should aspire to be. Here's a hacksaw. Start sawing your forearms off, women. No guy will fuck you otherwise.

O Brave New World

O Brave New World

Republican and Proud.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts
If Luke Skywalker can't be a model because he is missing an arm, then she shouldn't be allowed to be a model. The only thing she should be doing is defeating the dark side with her long lost brother who she has sex with eventually.

Steve 

Steve 

King of Modesty

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

I'm on the other end of the spectrum. I went through a stage before of LOVING the gym and going 6 times a week for 2-3 hour workouts each time. Despite ALL that, I was still more or less the same size I am now, just a hell of a lot more toned. I'm never going to have extremely slim hips. I take a size 10 UK/US 6 in clothes and I'm pretty happy with my size. Of the rest of my girlfriends, the majority of them are around that size too and I do think it's a nice size, it's curvy yet still quite slim. A friend of mine weighs just 11 stone, yet her waist is tiny - it's all muscle from a LOT of dancing and gym work

A size 10 is slim, 12 is usually average. Of the girls I know most fit 8/10/12 so I wouldn't count that as being on the other end of the spectrum by a long shot. Not unless I read what you wrote in the previous paragraph.

EspoirTheMage

EspoirTheMage

EC's Welcome Wagon

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,140 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -x-
  • Fav Song Fields of gold-Sting
maybe the modeling industry promotes extreme thinness, but most guys do not even look in my direction because i'm so thin, don't have boobs, look 13 etc

Either way, whether it be IRL, or in photographs, SOMEONE is going to make an opinion on what is right to look like, no matter who you are. The world is a shallow place. The original post is giving off the impressiion that since the modeling industry is pushing a size 0, that it is not 'natural' to look that way when in all honesty, it's hard for me to stay at 100 pounds no matter how much i eat.

Oracle

Oracle

And From The Ashes

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,422 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Something or another
I'm going to disagree with Jess. Because in a lot of UK stores I am a 16, and I am nowhere near overweight. I do think these sizes also depend on the height. For example, a 150cm woman size 8 might look brilliant, but a 175 woman who is that same size would look thin.

EspoirTheMage

EspoirTheMage

EC's Welcome Wagon

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,140 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -x-
  • Fav Song Fields of gold-Sting

When you're talking about billions of women with different shaped bodies, different builds, different heights, etc, it's very difficult to stick one size on it. That's why I said generally, and most, etc. a lot of this is also because I am obviously quite small in height and very petite on my shoulders, so it's hard for me to visualise someone much taller and broader etc where more weight, more curves, and a bigger dress size 'suits' them better. There are people who are size 16 and look beautiful and are very healthy - although I personally think that there are probably more who are overweight, simply because not AS many people have that kind of build. You know yourself whether you're healthy or not. I'm just saying I don't approve personally of celebrating curves to the point where it's like "it's okay to be this size and be this overweight because your curves are beautiful!" because in that case, you're damaging your body, and there is a lot of that.

It's like what Christi said really. She's obviously tiny, as is, say, my friend that I mentioned in my first post. I don't think either of THEM should feel pressure to put on weight and feel as if they aren't womanly and curvy enough, because that is THEIR natural build. It's very much dependent on each woman.

ironically, i checked on my HoN, and there was a comment that said "eat".

So there is a perfect example of ignorance.

also. I MUST say, if i do say so myself, i have a very nice butt and that makes up for my lack of boobs, and curves. :D

To be honest, i was looking in the mirror, noticed my butt, and was like DAMN I GOT A NICE BUTT. So there.

Steve 

Steve 

King of Modesty

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

I meant in comparison to her :P I would deem a 12 to be at the starting end of 'curvy'. A 10 is normal to me, fairly slim but not slender or skinny if that makes sense. I personally don't champion girls being above a UK Size 14 because that's at a stage where you're not being healthy, you're just starting to become overweight and risk your health, and I'm not one for championing positive self image at the risk of your health. You can have beautiful curves while retaining your bodies health.

Ah fair enough, yeah. I mean I don't like fat girls, people think "how shallow" but really, is it shallow to see a fat person and think they should lose a bit of weight? Clearly it's not healthy. Oh and while we're on the topic of weight, who initially thought that men wanted to see extremely skinny women? I mean.. I know no man who wants a girl like that, they all want one with a bit of meat on the bones. It just freaks me out seeing size 0 models, I mean... Just... How has the wind not blown them away yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users