Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I'm Hungry But Don't Want To Eat...what's Wrong With Me?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

.:.Lish.:.

Don't Feed The Trolls

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
Please can someone help me I don't know why I don't want to eat anymore I haven't eaten anything for two days

Steve 

Steve 

King of Modesty

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,671 posts
Well, what do you feel when you are about to eat? Is it just sheer lack of hunger or is there some kind of psychological element to it (for instance you don't want to eat it because you fear you will become fatter)? You're not giving me much to go on but if I had to guess right out of the blue, I'd say you may be developing an eating disorder. Also: Are you taking any new medications that you weren't before? Those can have an effect on your hunger too, sometimes weeks or months after you initially begin taking them.

TerrierChad

TerrierChad

PINGAS

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,730 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Pearl Jam
  • Fav Song Pearl Jam - Alive
Yeah, we need more information before we can really help you here.

EspoirTheMage

EspoirTheMage

EC's Welcome Wagon

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,140 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -x-
  • Fav Song Fields of gold-Sting
well, have you been stressed?

Don't Feed The Trolls

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
well....when i am about to eat or even smell food i feel like i'm going to be sick all over the place, and no i haven't taken any new medication lately, just my asthma puffer.
And i don't know if ive been stressed there's not really much to stress about

EspoirTheMage

EspoirTheMage

EC's Welcome Wagon

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,140 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -x-

well....when i am about to eat or even smell food i feel like i'm going to be sick all over the place, and no i haven't taken any new medication lately, just my asthma puffer.
And i don't know if ive been stressed there's not really much to stress about

hmm. Well usually feeling depressed (Are you?) can affect your appetite. All in all, just give it a little longer...try drinking a Carnation Instant Breakfast. It's in the breakfast cereal isle i believe. You just mix it in milk and drink it. It has a lot of nutritious vitamins in it. It comes in milk chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, dark chocolate and I think that's it. I get the powdered mix that's in a box but they have some already in a bottle even though it's more expensive. It tastes delicious.

I had a day where i could not eat as well when i was younger. Food was not appealing, but it passed after a day. Give it a bit more time but try drinking healthy drinks and snacking a bit to keep up your strength and health.

Don't Feed The Trolls

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
okay maybe i am depressed cos of yesterday, and i have no idea if they have that stuff in australia

EspoirTheMage

EspoirTheMage

EC's Welcome Wagon

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,140 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -x-

okay maybe i am depressed cos of yesterday, and i have no idea if they have that stuff in australia

Well, it's a Nestle product. I think it's sold in Australia.

It looks like this:
http://ecx.images-am...51rC7e1lAFL.jpg

Don't Feed The Trolls

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
i'll look tomorrow for it at work maybe,

Forzare!

Forzare!

roosterteeth

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,604 posts
Don't self diagnose an eating disorder or depression. Leave that to the doctors.
A reminder that EC can NOT give medical advice to members, so please don't expect that from us.

If you're persistently having trouble eating or making yourself eat it's important you go see a doctor. Don't give any bullshit about not wanting to or your parents being difficult, it's your decision to go see the doctor. If you really don't want to see the doctor at LEAST tell your parents and they'll act as they see fit. At the end of the day if you aren't being dramatic and you've barely been eating over the last few days there'll be noticable side effects, tiredness, a decrease in energy levels, lethargy, all things that are a precursor to malnourishment and you can't ignore it or it'll most definitely just get worse. Just eating crap doesn't help either even if it is the only thing you can stomach, you need to see someone about the problem and get help and advice from a professional, not some teenage kids with a vague idea about your problem and sketchy middle school biology qualifications.

If you're exaggerating and you've just not been eating as much because you havent' felt like it, some people are like that sometimes, I can go days barely eating just because I don't feel hungry. I.e two pieces of toast can fill me for most of the day. If this persists for over a week ormore then it's time to seek professionals opinion.

Crispin

Crispin

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,282 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band _
I have the same problem, at times I'll be hungry, but the thought of eating makes me sick and at other times I'll not even feel hungry, and go without any food or drink for a few days. I had a talk with my doctor, and she said it was stress, depression and anxiety. I've just taken to fforcing myself to eat at the alotted times, mainly a cereal bar. I mainly just have one meal a day now.

I'd recommend you talk to your doctor. Find out what is stressing you and why you're so down, it's the only way to find a real solution to your issue.

Don't Feed The Trolls

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
i don't like going to doctor's but i can only try right, and no one will talk to me anymore i've seperated from my friends they don't want to know me untill classes

Crispin

Crispin

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,282 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band _

i don't like going to doctor's but i can only try right, and no one will talk to me anymore i've seperated from my friends they don't want to know me untill classes

I don't like going to the doctors either, they always tell me what I already know and they're incredibly condescending. But if you have a problem you need to get to the solution as soon as, talking about it will not get the job done. You need to actively go out and find a fix.

Nereus

Nereus

The Old Man Of The Sea

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,833 posts
With Ashy on this one.

Go to your doctor, and talk to them about what is stressing you out, or bringing you down.

I'm the same way sometimes. When I'm feeling depressed, I tend not to eat or eat very little. I can go days without eating. It's frustrating because of my skinny frame to begin with. I may be hungry, but I don't feel like eating. Typically, depressed people tend to eat a lot.

mgsdude

mgsdude

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Not eating can actually contribute a bit to you feeling sick after eating, your stomach shrinks so you feel sick after big meals, like the others said visit your doctor, but also try eating... if you feel full or sick afterwards eat little bits but often.

teensuicide

teensuicide

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,180 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band .
Posted Image

JUST TAKE A BITE YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO

Chip

Chip

Potato Chips Are Friends, Not Food

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Virginia
  • Fav Band .
if its because you think you fat, YOU ARE NOT FAT!!! i dont care if you are size zillion YOU ARE NOT FAT!! no one is fat they are comfortable and puffy like a pretty cloud. a doubt you are even a size 7. correct me if im wrong. i often think im fat but im only in a seven. i think about not eating, then the food looks good so i cave. fasting doesnt work. if its because of an emotional rollercoaster is going through your veins its common not to want to do normal thing like eat. you should try to figure out why exactly and then help us help you. like one of those cheesy help counseling things

Don't Feed The Trolls

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
thanks for the help peoples, but i'm just going to stay the way I am and not complain because i just thought that there's people in the world that have it worse than me and may not even complain or whine about it, so i am going to remain silent, so no complains of my strange habbit

Razi

Razi

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I often experience this, but usually end up being peer pressured into eating by friends at school lunch.
Depression is hard, I understand. But just know your limits, and you should be fine. As for wanting to be 'sick all over the place' when you smell food, you may need some help from a doctor. I am actually not qualified with such things, so it's best to look up this problem on Google or ask a friend.

Don't Feed The Trolls

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
Yeah probably, haha google knows more than me and it's only 12yrs old,
but i did eat one thing today a little sugar free lolly, well it's a start right

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users