Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sex Drive

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: Sex Drive (34 member(s) have cast votes)

How old are you?

1. 14-17 (16 votes [47.06%])

Percentage of vote: 47.06%

2. 18-21 (16 votes [47.06%])

3. 22-25 (2 votes [5.88%])

Percentage of vote: 5.88%

4. Above (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Your sex drive is:

1. Low (4 votes [11.76%])

Percentage of vote: 11.76%

2. Average (16 votes [47.06%])

3. High (14 votes [41.18%])

Percentage of vote: 41.18%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Occasional_Desire

Occasional_Desire

WE WILL RISE!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,820 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Hurt
  • Fav Song Rapture
This topic is all about sex drives.

I don't consider a sex drive to be how much you want to have sex, despite the very well thought term.
My opinion is that a sex drive is how much you crave physical attention, so that could be anywhere between the lines of kissing to intercourse.
Before we start, I want to know your age - add it into the poll or mention it when you post.

How would you describe your sex life?
How would you describe your sex drive?
How are things in the bedroom?
Do you find it difficult to be stimulated?
How easily could you reject your partner/partners previously?
Does it differ with the people you have been with/have an interest in?
Is it a stereotype for married couples to have a poor sex life?
If your sex life was better would your sex drive increase?
Are there specific times when it can decrease?

Base your answers on physical attention as a whole rather than purely sex.
Depending on your age, answer the questions however they apply to you.
Depending on whether or not you're in a relationship, try and answer hypothetically or from previous experience.
I don't want a bunch of teenagers telling the forum how they supposedly have great sex, this is not the topic for you.

Smashing!

Smashing!

I am Melon LORD!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts
I haven't been deflowered yet : O, can I make it up?

Occasional_Desire

Occasional_Desire

WE WILL RISE!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,820 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Hurt
  • Fav Song Rapture
You can still have a sex drive without having had sex. Do you want to have sex? Do you think about having sex?
I suppose alternatively you could just imagine how you'd answer those questions if your circumstances were different.

Smashing!

Smashing!

I am Melon LORD!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts
How would you describe your sex life? Non existent.
How would you describe your sex drive? Almost non existent.
How are things in the bedroom? Um...non existent?
Do you find it difficult to be stimulated? Depends on the weather.
How easily could you reject your partner/partners previously? Very easily if shes being a bitch.
Does it differ with the people you have been with/have an interest in? Not really females are a lot dirtier then they let off.
Is it a stereotype for married couples to have a poor sex life? I'm not married...
If your sex life was better would your sex drive increase? No idea, I'll get back to you when it starts.
Are there specific times when it can decrease? When it's continuously non existent for a long period of time?

Guess its cause I used to work out whenever I felt the urge or whatever, made it into a habit now eventually it faded. Beats the days of getting random erections in maths class or hearing about burgers.

And wait a sec...weren't you meant to answer all of these first? >3>

Occasional_Desire

Occasional_Desire

WE WILL RISE!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,820 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Hurt
  • Fav Song Rapture
That was really boring. Let's pretend you're not a virgin. The married couple question isn't assuming you're married, it's wanting an opinion about the stereotype.

You don't receive any physical attention at all?

Smashing!

Smashing!

I am Melon LORD!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts
Thank you for actually calling my real life experience boring lol, and no I'm not a virgin I was only joking before. And the marriage thing well heck depends if the marriage is happy or not, normally happy = good sex life unhappy = bad sex life hard to say if its one or the other. I'm guessing you're looking for the stereotype of 'Sex in a marriage becomes almost like a routine chore which makes it lose its appeal. Sex for non married couples is more spontaneous and exciting.'

When you talk about physical attention that would relate more to flirting and arousal wouldn't it? Sexual drive makes it sound more like stuff you do in the bed (although I get what you mean).

Shouldn't you lead the way to give the people an example to follow on how to answer? ^^

And yes of course I do but lol they tend not to go well for me since I have a habit of ruining it, all of which I'm willing to share after you answer your layout first :3.

Occasional_Desire

Occasional_Desire

WE WILL RISE!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,820 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Hurt
  • Fav Song Rapture
I would not call flirting physical attention, as the person is not physically touching you. I will answer in my own due time.
The difference between a sex life and a sex drive is vast and I didn't expect somebody to come in and answer everything with "non-existent".

If none of the questions apply to you why did you bother with them in the first place?

Smashing!

Smashing!

I am Melon LORD!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

I would not call flirting physical attention, as the person is not physically touching you.

Flirting isn't physical attention? Um then what is it? And depends on the kind of flirting, there's plenty of ways to flirt with physical interaction (hand touching, shoulder rubbing etc).

Well sorry I didn't meet your expectations but it really is how my life is right now. It does apply since I've HAD sex life at least, thought you just wanted people to share what their current status is regardless of it being exciting or not.

BUT I guess you just wanted exciting details instead -.-.

.. ...

.. ...

Recovering

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,226 posts
  • Country
  • US State:New York
  • Fav Band
  • Fav Song
I'm 19.
I'm deployed right now, so I'll pretend I'm home.

How would you describe your sex life? At the moment, non existent. I haven't been laid in over 6 months. But overall, satisfied, honestly.
How would you describe your sex drive? Between average and high.
How are things in the bedroom? Varies extremely with who I'm with, from the "oh man that was terrible" tier to the awesome tier.
Do you find it difficult to be stimulated? No.
How easily could you reject your partner/partners previously? I don't think I ever did. There was never a time they were down that I wasn't.
Does it differ with the people you have been with/have an interest in? Yeah. Usually it is easier. I mean, as far as girls I've been with, I know exactly what they're capable of and it makes it that much more enticing. There is one person I was with though that I would have to turn down, regardless of her being hot as hell. With people I'm interested in, well, if I'm interested I've likely been thinking about doing them anyways, so again, its easier.
Is it a stereotype for married couples to have a poor sex life? Yes, lol, absolutely.
If your sex life was better would your sex drive increase? Yeah, it does, but there is a certain point (I've hit it in the past) where there is too much sex.
Are there specific times when it can decrease? Aside from obvious things like being sick or heartbroken, I've had random periods (like now) where I don't really care.

Occasional_Desire

Occasional_Desire

WE WILL RISE!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,820 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Hurt
  • Fav Song Rapture
There's flirting, and there's physical flirting, you're right. However I did state my opinion on what the term 'sex drive' meant for me.

I don't consider a sex drive to be how much you want to have sex, despite the very well thought term.
My opinion is that a sex drive is how much you crave physical attention, so that could be anywhere between the lines of kissing to intercourse.

I fail to see how the questions apply if each of them in your case are void. I'm not after details about how great or non-existent your sex life is, whether you have sex or not you're more than likely to have a sex drive. This is more of a survery topic to create an understanding on what makes a sex drive, or whether two people in the exact same circumstance can have a different level of drive, etc. I think it's a really good subject.

How would you describe your sex life? At the moment, non existent. I haven't been laid in over 6 months. But overall, satisfied, honestly.
How would you describe your sex drive? Between average and high.

I'm very interested to know why you are satisfied with not having had sex in over half a year, but have an average to high sex drive.

.. ...

.. ...

Recovering

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,226 posts
  • Country
  • US State:New York
  • Fav Band
  • Fav Song

I'm very interested to know why you are satisfied with not having had sex in over half a year, but have an average to high sex drive.

If you saw the ugly chicks that hang around here you'd be satisfied with not getting laid too.

I think the environment and the stress it brings with it do something to suppress my sex drive.

Queen of Hearts

Queen of Hearts

Mustache Cash Stash

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts
I'm 19.

How would you describe your sex life? Pretty good.

How would you describe your sex drive? High, unfortunately.

How are things in the bedroom? Good, if with the right person. I like it very...extraordinary, and a lot of people aren't comfortable sexually so they aren't on the same level.

Do you find it difficult to be stimulated? Lol.

How easily could you reject your partner/partners previously? Meh, easily. I've been with a guy who wanted it three times a day for 2 hours at a time, and to save myself the pain, just have to say no.

Does it differ with the people you have been with/have an interest in? Oh hell yes.

Is it a stereotype for married couples to have a poor sex life? Indeed. Same person, same old same old. Boring.

If your sex life was better would your sex drive increase? Already great, already high. If it were better I'd be in trouble.

Are there specific times when it can decrease? Under a lot of stress, or if you're self-conscious about something, then it definitely decreases.

lukejeffrey12

lukejeffrey12

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
I'm 21

It's alright. I seek solace in the comfort of strangers. . . (not really). I have my fun, though.
I don't get too much female attention, at least I don't get complimented often, and when I do it's always backhanded - Almost as if they pity me. But in terms of wanting sex I'd say it's pretty healthy.
When I am with a girl I like to be experimental. Freud said the sexual self is the essential self and I'd like to think I go from a shy, mumbling idiot, into an ultra comfortable, wild eyed mad man. . . In my mind I become a sort of Jim Morrison sex shaman, though I don't really know if this transition takes place.
No. . . I don't think so. . .
I am incredibly weak willed when it comes to dalliances of the flesh. . .
Yes, otherwise it's a bit of a damp squib (lol)
I don't think it would be as long as the couple were open minded, I guess it would still be fun
I don't kow, I think it probably would. If something feels good you would want more of it, right? It only stands to reason it would increase, I suppose.
Yes. When I am in the trough of depression I find it difficult to be motivated for anything, especially sex.

finality

finality

Nigrescent Black Hole

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,517 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band .
How would you describe your sex life? mm, average I guess. I don't get to see my boyfriend too often, once every couple of weeks, so that's definitely a limiting factor.

How would you describe your sex drive? possibly low to average. I lose interest quickly, sometimes in the middle of having sex. A lot of the time I don't have the energy.

How are things in the bedroom? Good but could be better. Sometimes neither of us feels like making the effort.

Do you find it difficult to be stimulated? Yes. I'm certainly a challenge.

How easily could you reject your partner/
partners previously? Not my strong point. My relationship broke down for a while a year ago when I was sort of intimate with two other guys and kissed another guy and girl in one night. I know, I was a cunt, it's in the past. With my boyfriend I sometimes do reject him if I'm not in the mood which is probably more often than I'd like but sometimes I just have zero interest in sex and then it's just uncomfortable.

Does it differ with the people you have
been with/have an interest in? Not really.

Is it a stereotype for married couples to
have a poor sex life? I don't think it's necessarily the case. If/when I'm married I'm sure I'll make the effort to keep things interesting. But I think it definitely is easy to lose that side of their relationship once they've been together a long time.

If your sex life was better would your sex
drive increase? I don't know. I don't think so, maybe temporarily.

Are there specific times when it can
decrease? Not really.

Ashlee'

Ashlee'

YAY.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,871 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band rr
  • Fav Song rr
Active.

High.

Sexual.

Nope. I'm a guy.

I couldn't.
Me and my ex ex were in bed and I was ready to break up with her. Like, I was seconds away from jumping out of bed, getting dressed and ending it. Then she asked to have sex with me. I refused. She got on top of me. Sexed.

More attractive = more desire to sex.

I have no idea. I'm not married, but I'm guessing yeah.

I've had sex 86878548557 times a day and still wanting to go again, so yeah.

Just after I've finished having sex.

Chica

Chica

Screeeeeeeeeeeee~!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,306 posts
I'm 20.

Don't have one.

Extremely low? I don't even want physical contact that ISN'T sexual.

Non existent.

I wouldn't know.

I've never been in a relationship, but I know I could reject anyone without a second thought.

There was one guy I used to like, and I liked it when he hugged me. (He was one of my friends.) But, that was about it.

Yes. It sounds kind of stupid.

Nope. Wouldn't want it to.

All the time?

Rellik San

Rellik San

Adorably Bitter And Angry Cabbit!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts
Like war, long periods of boredom punctuated by intense action.

Average, I don't mind attention physically, but I don't crave it.

Fairly good at the moment.

At the moment, yes, but this is likely down to stress.

Very easily, that isn't to say I don't think about it, just if it's not going anywhere, then why waste the effort.

Yes, the simple fact is some people I have had a purely physical interest in, where as the best sex is those I connect with on a... not necessarily emotional, but intellectual level.

It is, but it's a false one.

Probably not, the simple fact is my hormonal balance is levelled out.

Times of stress, during the summer (heat doesn't agree with me).

NewlyGeeking

NewlyGeeking

Sexy alcoholic bunnies!

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,353 posts
Non-existant

Average- Low

In the past I could be having a fun time with a make out sesh, start moving in to the possibility to have sex... Then stop cold and suddenly lose all interest in sex.

Depends on what's happening... Somedays it could take forever... Other days doing a simple thing like exercise could make me feel like a cat in heat.

Very easily.

I hadn't really had an interest in them, out of 2 boyfriends... I didnt find either of them that sexually appealing.

Yes it is. But doesn't mean it's always true, you'd hope.

Most probably.

Not really. During my periods it goes high just before I start, then it drops to an all time low, then afterwards it spikes for a day then goes back to normal.

Steve 

Steve 

King of Modesty

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts
All things answered:

How would you describe your sex life? - Pretty good. I would say I enjoy sex more the less frequently I have it, though if I go too long without it (talking months here) I tend to get a bit rusty and it's not as fun.
How would you describe your sex drive? - Average as I put on the poll. If I've been laying in bed with my girl all day doing nothing, I'll want sex even less because I feel groggy. Yer, I was with a lazy girl once and she did that a lot.. Not attractive.
How are things in the bedroom? - Experimental, I'd say. I like trying new things, even if we end up not enjoying it at the time and laughing about it later, it's fun to try things like different positions and different places.
Do you find it difficult to be stimulated? - Nope, then again I don't find it easy to be stimulated. If I'm looking at a girl I think is attractive, it doesn't necessarily get thoughts in my head beyond 'ah she's pretty attractive'
How easily could you reject your partner/partners previously? - Easy, usually. If they're asking for sex I won't give in straight away and will reject them outright if I'm pissed off at them (albeit that doesn't happen much, I don't get pissed off easy)
Does it differ with the people you have been with/have an interest in? - Yer. I'd say it does anyway. The first girl I was with ever was too lazy and I was always doing the work, not that I mind, it's just I'd like to feel like she wants to put effort into sex really. Another girl would do the work too, we'd try new things and in different places while others watch and film too. Different people always = different experiences to me.
Is it a stereotype for married couples to have a poor sex life? - Sure, it's a stereotype, but that's all it is. Try telling that to my parents or the 70 & 80 year old neighbours next door.
If your sex life was better would your sex drive increase? - Yer, it has in the past. Though long dry spells make it increase too.
Are there specific times when it can decrease? - Yer, I remember this one girl I was with used to put her makeup on before sex. It was weird, we were having sex, not going to a restaurant. Oh that and if the place we're having sex, one girl I was with had eaten in her bed and there were crumbs or some shit in the bed. Not a good feeling against your skin when you're having sex. Eww. OH and I have acne, sometimes it's really irritating and that lowers my sex drive too.

Edit: I'm 20.

Sylar

Sylar

I'm a Merman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Texas
  • Fav Band ~
  • Fav Song Rabbit Heart
How would you describe your sex life? Ummm I haven't had sex yet (Oh how sad for me)

How would you describe your sex drive? Well I have a really high sex drive, and I am extremely horny popping about 3 boners a day (minimum). Using this piece of info, I would say that I would be having sex about 4 times a week if possible :lol:

How are things in the bedroom? Oh things are hypothetically great and wild.

Do you find it difficult to be stimulated? Nope. I can get aroused from just watching two people kissing. If someone grinds on me I would pop one also.

How easily could you reject your partner/partners previously? Haven't had one either (Oh boo hoo)

Does it differ with the people you have been with/have an interest in? Not really. As long as they're attractive my hormones will be raging.

Is it a stereotype for married couples to have a poor sex life? No, my friend told me that her parents still have sex and she walked in on them a few months ago. I guess it varies between the couples.

If your sex life was better would your sex drive increase? Don't know how it could be any higher than this.

Are there specific times when it can decrease? Ummm not really. Even during my depressed period I would still be pretty hormonal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users