Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Our New Logo

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Forzare!

Forzare!

roosterteeth

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,599 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Lorde
  • Fav Song Lorde - Bravado
So, we've decided on 'Alter-nation' as you all know, we need a logo to suit it. We've come up with a few basic ones which I/someone else will post up later, but really we want a good, solid yet versatile new logo as the current one isnt really adaptable.
A few pointers:
*It will need to feature the site name of course, maybe a humorous tagline if you want.
*It needs to be simple, clear and easy to read when made smaller etc etc.. fonts that aren't too confusing work best
*A little character always works nicely, like our little emo guy right now.
*The colour scheme should ideally match with the forums scheme, Red black and white. Those colours together are also aesthetically pleasing and are quite versatile. I'd be more inclined to have white as the predominant colour and red as highlights, makes things quite versatile for when/if we need to change it in the future (christmas/easter/valentines whatever)
*Think about the composition, don't just shove things anywhere, consider what will look appealing to people.
* The shape... it doesn't HAVE to be a similar shape to the one we have now, but if you want to have it that shape then that's fine too. Remember that it'll be around the same size as the current one though.

So really, all your relatively sensible ideas are welcome, even if they're really crappy, someone might be able to use it as a starting point/it might give them a little inspiration so don't be afraid to show anything you've thought of, I did some pretty atrocious ones for the old EC logo. :lol:
Even if you just have a concept, draw it up in paint or sketch it with pencils and scan it in/take a picture and someone else can do the digital rendering work. I'm sure yinfaitl wouldn't mind giving it a go if she had some spare time to put your ideas into something usable, i'd give it a go and i'm sure chewy could be nudged into making something if any of you lack the necessary programmes/skills needed (A vector logo would be useful as you can resize it to any infinite size). Of course you're all welcome to put your spin on anything made.

If you want to have a go using something more advanced than paint but lack illustrator/photoshop, you could try paint.net or GIMP, both of which are free and downloadable from the internet, GIMP's kind of similar to photoshop in many illustration respects.

If you can't be bothered/have no idea about actually MAKING one it's perfectly fine, if you have any ideas at all about fonts, composition, shapes, little features, post about them, it'd probably be more help than you think.

Finally, please nothing NSFW, be mature.

finality

finality

opt out

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,492 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band suis la lune
Did a couple of drafts last night, working on an idea now :)

Xx_pretty_venom_xX

Xx_pretty_venom_xX

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Indiana
  • Fav Band The Ramones
  • Fav Song Spacegrass - Clutch
well, i don't do computer art, but i could draw something up and take some pics, if it might help. :Peace:

The Wardrobe

The Wardrobe

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
If I see someone take the current logo and just photoshop the face again...I will crack xD

Gangsta Fag

Gangsta Fag

Ass-Eating Aficionado

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts
  • Country
  • US State:New Mexico
  • Fav Band Pennywise
  • Fav Song Redlight King - Old Man
Needs to have a Nirvana T-Shirt despite only knowing Smells Like Teen Spirit. Because Nirvana is really Alternative.

NewlyGeeking

NewlyGeeking

Sexy alcoholic bunnies!

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,353 posts
Well I couldn't think of a symbol for the site... Attempted to drawn a maze to represent the different paths we take and etc... (that's the scribbled bit)
Just a quick idea *shrugs*

Attached Files

Forzare!

Forzare!

roosterteeth

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,599 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Lorde
Could be worth brainstorming what we think of with the word 'alternative', I've done a couple of sketches and one of them involved headphones but it might give off the wrong impression of the forum.

NewlyGeeking

NewlyGeeking

Sexy alcoholic bunnies!

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,353 posts
Well what is the most common thing discussed on this website?

finality

finality

opt out

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,492 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band suis la lune
I was thinking along the lines of this being a place you could show the 'real you' even if you don't in person - sounds cheesy as hell but I think it applies. :P So I was thinking of the logo as having two sort of sides to it, you know, symbolizing the real you and the person everyone sees in real life...It doesn't LOOK that cheesy. :lol:

and ^ sex dungeons...yeah, we should probably keep that out of the logo

Forzare!

Forzare!

roosterteeth

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,599 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Lorde
:lol: emo guy in a gimp mask...
>_>

here are a few crude sketches. i might run with the bottom one a bit more, reflecting, two different sides, alternating current etc... many symbols. ;P
Posted Image

NewlyGeeking

NewlyGeeking

Sexy alcoholic bunnies!

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,353 posts
Why can't we have sex in the logo? We'd get more people :P

I like the bottom one

finality

finality

opt out

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,492 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band suis la lune
I like the reflection one a lot forzare

my sketch:
Posted Image

the wingy things would be toned down a lot, so there wouldn't be such a focus on them. I was thinking of having them in grey, and the alter part will be a lighter colour than the nation. I have an alternate version too, without wings :P

Forzare!

Forzare!

roosterteeth

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,599 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Lorde
I quite like the idea of that and I like the simple typography. looks like a good/evil sort of thing :P could work.

refined the bottom one a bit:
Posted Image

NewlyGeeking

NewlyGeeking

Sexy alcoholic bunnies!

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,353 posts
For some reason I read that as though it was going in a circle... So to me it said "alter noitan" lol
But that looks awesome.

The Shadow Fox

The Shadow Fox

Super Tsuntsun!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,208 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band P!nk.
  • Fav Song Fences - Paramore.

I was thinking along the lines of this being a place you could show the 'real you' even if you don't in person - sounds cheesy as hell but I think it applies. :P So I was thinking of the logo as having two sort of sides to it, you know, symbolizing the real you and the person everyone sees in real life...It doesn't LOOK that cheesy. :lol:

and ^ sex dungeons...yeah, we should probably keep that out of the logo

That kind of made me picture the character looking in a mirror, at an angle where you could sort of see the one on the outside with maybe a boring 'normal' persona, and the reflection with an alternative style. Or maybe a computer screen to represent the mirror.
But all that wouldn't really fit, would it?

Insane Pie

Insane Pie

Four String Samurai

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,769 posts

I quite like the idea of that and I like the simple typography. looks like a good/evil sort of thing :P could work.

refined the bottom one a bit:
Posted Image

Tried to find a font that would match what you drew, but I am still looking.

Basic rough draft:

Posted Image
Posted Image

In the first picture, there is suppose to be a white wave, but I messed that up. So, I changed it to black.

I know that the waves are of bad quality because I just grabbed a picture over the internet, but I can do those by hand, which would look a lot better.

Sylar

Sylar

I'm a Merman

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Texas
  • Fav Band ~
  • Fav Song Rabbit Heart
I like the reflection idea, but the waves just don't fit in with the alternative theme. I would draw a sketch of what I had in mind, but sadly I'm a horrible drawer, even if it's stick figures. But what I was thinking is to bring emphasis on the "nation", maybe placing a world globe behind made of mechanical gears to give it that steampunk look, and surrounded by it is the site's name "alternation"
Kind of like the Universal Studios logo.

Queen of Hearts

Queen of Hearts

Mustache Cash Stash

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts
Somebody artistic draw idear out for me.
A bust, that's split vertically in 3 equal sized segments, each segment/panel is a different persona we might represent on this site.
"Alter Nation" above, and "whatever, whoever, wherever" underneath. Tried a sketch, epic fail.

Crispin

Crispin

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,282 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band _
I really like Forzare's idea, it's pretty interesting. Finalitys not so much, haha the wings put it off for me.

Instead of the waves, it looks too much and a bit sloppy really, we could be super cheesy and have a paint splatter? Idk. Something textured. I don't know if that made sense?

edit;
Posted Image

Posted Image

those kind of splatty looks? I have no talent artistically, so I can't even describe or draw what I'm trying to say haha. I just think it's pretty, and hope you get what I mean. :lol:
and i tried to do the upside down text thing and i just don't even know how you did that. I think I made the text backward instead :| sorry guys.

Forzare!

Forzare!

roosterteeth

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,599 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Lorde

Tried to find a font that would match what you drew, but I am still looking.

Basic rough draft:

Posted Image
Posted Image

In the first picture, there is suppose to be a white wave, but I messed that up. So, I changed it to black.

I know that the waves are of bad quality because I just grabbed a picture over the internet, but I can do those by hand, which would look a lot better.

My original drawing was just a simple idea haha hence why i added the second one, I'd prefer a sort of font similar to the blocky one, it's more attention grabbing. The focus should be on the name and not on the waves in the background or the text sort of gets lost a bit

I like the reflection idea, but the waves just don't fit in with the alternative theme. I would draw a sketch of what I had in mind, but sadly I'm a horrible drawer, even if it's stick figures. But what I was thinking is to bring emphasis on the "nation", maybe placing a world globe behind made of mechanical gears to give it that steampunk look, and surrounded by it is the site's name "alternation"
Kind of like the Universal Studios logo.

I'm not sure what you mean there, the waves are just random waves, it's an alternating current. See? :lol:

I really like Forzare's idea, it's pretty interesting. Finalitys not so much, haha the wings put it off for me.

Instead of the waves, it looks too much and a bit sloppy really, we could be super cheesy and have a paint splatter? Idk. Something textured. I don't know if that made sense?

those kind of splatty looks? I have no talent artistically, so I can't even describe or draw what I'm trying to say haha. I just think it's pretty, and hope you get what I mean. :lol:

I sort of get what you mean, i'll think of some ideas for now, you're thinking more artistically about it than I was, I was using it as a symbol, not just a background. :P i'll have a think of some splattery things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users