Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Vivienne Westwood: People Have Never Looked So Ugly When It Comes To Clothes

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

LionJess

LionJess

Mistress of Ceremonies/Jessica the Vile

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,155 posts
Everybody looks like clones of each other, and the only people you notice for being different are my age, we've trained to be consumers and we're all consuming too much, fashion is far too disposable and not truly unique at all, noone has their own sense of style or individuality anymore.

Paraphrased comments Vivienne Westwood made during LFW. Although widely celebrated, she dresses a bit mentally herself.

For those of you who aren't aware what Ms Westwoods style is like, A picture of the lady herself!

Do you agree with her? Or do you think it's just a bunch of rubbish by a 70 year old who looks like a crazy cat lady?

--

Personally, the one thing that I have to say about Vivienne Westwood is whatever you might think about her own style, at least she looks different. I do believe in dressing more classy, and personally I do have quite plain taste - but I have to admit that the one thing I don't like about how we as a generation dress today is that it's so generic. Noone has their own style, and you can't even say that this era (say, mid 90s to now) has a specific 'look' - whereas if you think of any other decade, there was a specific style.

The one thing I don't like is just how casual peoples clothing has become. I'm all for dressing comfortably, and I'm not saying that I want to ban tracksuits or hoodies or trainers or anything like that, but women looked like ladies back in the 50s, and men actually looked like men, not little boys still.

Again I'm aware that this is not everyone, and that people do dress up for certain occasions, but there's no denying Ms Westwood has a point. Fashion, despite all of our choice, has become very bland because of our constant similarity to each other.

That said... her comments were made during LFW and I have no doubt that it has rather conveniently lead to a lot of publicity about her and perhaps heightened interest in her own style, her own clothing, etc.

Lightning.

Lightning.

Zap!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,046 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Snow Patrol
  • Fav Song The Lightning Strike
I'm trying to get my own style, it's hard on my limited budget though so I can't really dress how I'd like to

finality

finality

opt out

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,501 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band suis la lune
I don't care too much about fashion to be honest. I sort of just wear whatever I like, if other people wear it too so be it. I don't want to try to look a certain way just to be different, I just want to be happy with the way I look.

Reflection

Reflection

Noitcelfer

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,593 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band .
  • Fav Song .

I don't care too much about fashion to be honest.

How will you ever get friends if you don't care about the uniform?

finality

finality

opt out

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,501 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band suis la lune

How will you ever get friends if you don't care about the uniform?

One thing I love about my friends is that we all dress completely differently. Other groups in my school are very similar but we're all completely different, it makes things interesting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users