Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Feminism

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

Lightning.

Lightning.

Zap!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,058 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Snow Patrol
  • Fav Song The Lightning Strike
It's topics like this that really show who the retards are

I'm training to be a nurse, my boyfriend is also training to be a nurse. In our class the majority are women there are 4 guys including my boyfriend in it. The nursing profession is quite sexist as people won't take him seriously as he's a man. It's one of the few professions that is dominated by females. You wan to have some power over men become a nurse.

Frankly it's people like Ilovemypetey that give feminists a bad name. You do not demand respect, it is something that is earned. You treat a nurse like shit, your care suffers it's no right but hey you were a dick to me so I'll make you wait for painkillers

Op you go around calling people an ass for having an opinion you will not go far in life, same if you can't take a joke

Crispin

Crispin

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,282 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band _
It took me five minutes to write that long post, and no one will respond to it. THE ONE TIME I'M BEING SERIOUS TOO.

Let_Love_Bleed_Red

Let_Love_Bleed_Red

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

nope, titties :P

Lol :D

Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie

First class fuck up.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -
I'm all in for women having their freedom. That's why my woman is always closer to the stove than the fist.

Honestly, though, I agree with Ashy.

There are some things that are worse for women but also some things that are worse for men. Finland is quite an equal country, I have nothing to complain about. What bothers me is what happens all the time in the countries where women are actually in a bad position.

finality

finality

Nigrescent Black Hole

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,517 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band .

This is a topic that allows men to get their penises out and wave it around and say 'get back in the kitchen bitch, and make me a sammich' etc. A lot of women seem to hate feminists too, but hey, whatever.

Right, I'm a liberal feminist. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's basically someone who believes in change and that equality is reachable between the genders, unlike radical feminists. Many people mistake feminists for being crazy femnazis, and a lot of people seem to hate them. In reality this is because you have radical feminists who are crazy fucking psychos who believe that men will never change, equal rights will never come about and that we need a secular society away from men. I don't believe in that, however the media has played an important role in attaching a negative image towards women who are either lesbians or feminists. If you're either of the two, or both, then you are immediately cast as the outcast in society and are undesirable.

I think any woman with a working brain is a feminist. Not going into sub-labels, but a woman who stands up for her own rights. Because seriously, if not for feminism you'd be chained to the kitchen sink doing fuck all with your life whilst your husband screw your brains out and demands you make meals, whilst you have no choice about it because the laws and government have no sympathy towards women. Women have come a long way, and we should all be grateful for that. However, I've read some quotes about how 'why do feminists still moan and complain?' and 'feminists are women who just need the right man' No. Feminists still 'complain' because there are women in countries who are still being mistreated, sexually abused, and have no rights whatsoever. This is unfair treatment. THAT'S what feminism is about, to make a change. And we can only make a change if you speak up about it, thanks suffragettes for where we are today.

In all honesty, I think women just bring it on themselves. They insult one another and if they're stuck in a situation they will do nothing about it, feminism doesn't necessarily mean you don't allow men to help you or hate everyone that attempts to make you do something. You just have to know what's right and what's wrong, and standing up and defending yourself and gender is perfectly acceptable. I'm sick of people saying 'oh feminists are stupid' coming from women themselves too, fuck off. Would you rather have someone controlling your lives constantly? We have come a long way, yet there is still sexism and discrimination towards women in the media and different parts of society. It's like racism, you can't get rid of it entirely.

Having said all that, there are times where women get abused - but also men. Men can get sexually abused, domestic violence and mistreatment of men does occur. And it's unfair that people laugh it off as something ridiculous. Sexism sure does work both ways and it's a serious subject, although we do all joke about it. There are times when I read a particularly annoying book, see a show where women are being portrayed as the domestic woman or the submissive person - it sure does anger me, but you can't do anything about it. These are the stereotypical roles society expects women to play and you have to accept that it's not always a negative portrayal.

OHMYFUCKINGGOD.

It's not a matter of deserving equality, everyone deserves it and you are in no place to judge if they do or not. We are pretty equal with men right now, sure people say 'why do you want to be equal? why not strive to be better?' why can't women just want the same pay grade and be treated like any other man would be? In my opinion, we are. Well in our society, we are pretty much on par with men and are treated as equals. However there are countries and cultures who see differently and this is why feminists still 'rage' on about it.

I understand feminism in countries where women's rights are genuinely being abused, but I find that in countries like Ireland a lot of 'feminists' are just opportunists who are trying to use their gender to get an advantage over men. Obviously they're the ones who give feminism a bad name, but I still wouldn't want to associate myself with feminism because of those connotations.

I also think something that's negative about feminism is the way that it only focuses on attaining equality for women. I sort of see it as perpetuating the divide between men and women, it's not a negative ideology but I feel that the focus is just a bit off. I definitely believe in equality for men and women, and I can't identify with a movement which promotes the agenda of one gender while being unconcerned about the other.

Obviously that doesn't mean I think all feminists don't care about the rights of men, it's just the way it reinforces the divide between the genders that I don't like.
And I obviously don't believe that women should be oppressed anywhere. :P

Let_Love_Bleed_Red

Let_Love_Bleed_Red

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
[quote name='yinfaitl' timestamp='1330713225' post=' promotes the agenda of one gender while being unconcerned about the othe Obviously that doesn't mean I think all feminists don't care about the rights of men, it's just the way it reinforces the divide between the genders that I don't like.
And I obviously don't believe that women should be oppressed anywhere. :P
[/quote]
That's a good way to put it and I completely agree

Algernon

Algernon

Immer nach Hause

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,554 posts

your post was really really really bothering me, but then I realised you arent an american... so your from hell yea? under some rock in africa where womens rights dont exist?, the middle east?, please be somewhere extremely underdeveloped where the USA sent you one laptop and all you kids take your turns using it and you found EC. Thats what im hoping. Its a shame that the women are probably at the end of the line to use the laptop huh? I wonder how much semen they have to wipe off of that keyboard... hmmm
well just to let you know, there are other places in the world that allow equal opportunity for women-- they are called advanced societies. Its really catching on though, I suggust jumping on that bandwagon.

The German flag is unknown to you?

oh and also... the bending the women over, thats called rape: cuz lets face it-- your not getting any action with that attitude towards them. and we are coming up with good ways to hurt your little pecker before you get to stick it in her. http://www.thefrisky...penis-fly-trap/

It's okay. I always go in with a thick branch first to scrape those things out.

goodnight and goodluck

You are not worthy of quoting Edward R. Murrow.

Lightning.

Lightning.

Zap!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,058 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Snow Patrol
  • Fav Song The Lightning Strike

The German flag is unknown to you?

He's American, what do you expect?

.. ...

.. ...

Recovering

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,226 posts
  • Country
  • US State:New York
  • Fav Band
  • Fav Song
Its not that I have a problem with women, its just that most feminists don't want equality. They want MORE than men.

I believe that the typical feminist:
-Wants more pay while still being able to get maternity leave
-Wants all jobs in the military while still not having to register for the draft
-Want to continue holding all the power over the birth of a child, and holding a man responsible financially either way

They don't want equality. They want power.

O Brave New World

O Brave New World

Republican and Proud.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts
The German flag has a swastika on it, right?

Algernon

Algernon

Immer nach Hause

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,554 posts
Mine does.

Crispin

Crispin

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,282 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band _

Its not that I have a problem with women, its just that most feminists don't want equality. They want MORE than men.

-Wants all jobs in the military while still not having to register for the draft
-Want to continue holding all the power over the birth of a child, and holding a man responsible financially either way

Way to generalise.

What I really want is not to be questioned or doubted, this has been said to me before I kid you not, 'I don't trust your opinion because you're a girl' or 'You're a woman, your opinion doesn't count/what do you know about the topic.' and this has been said by men to me before. Although I did laugh one time in a guys face when he got a D in our English combined exam, when I got an A.

I don't know if many people understand this, but sometimes you are faced with sexism and discrimination. Obviously it's not all men, that's far from the truth. But there are some people, men and women, who unfairly discriminate. And it totes hurts, fosho.

Let_Love_Bleed_Red

Let_Love_Bleed_Red

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Not all of them do some of them just want general equality

Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie

First class fuck up.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -

Nah, dude, that's just America.

Let_Love_Bleed_Red

Let_Love_Bleed_Red

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
That's not true

Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie

First class fuck up.

• Full Members