Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Art] Rank My Art

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

LolaGoggles

LolaGoggles

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Posted Image

So I am entering a contest and want your guys opinion, if you don't mind rank my drawing from 1-10, 10 being the best and 1 being the worst

Steve 

Steve 

King of Modesty

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts
It's pretty average and the picture/scanned image didn't come out too well so I can't see the detail.

You need to work on blending whilst shading, I can see clearly the lines where you've shaded in different colours. Smudge it with your finger at least to blend the dark and light tones together, that way it will make the piece a lot more effective and professional looking. I mean the drawing itself (excluding shading) is quite good, you just let yourself down with the colour really.

If I had to rate /10, I'd say the drawing is 5.5/10 and the shading is 2/10.

Oh and tag your thread next time (read the rules)

LolaGoggles

LolaGoggles

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

It's pretty average and the picture/scanned image didn't come out too well so I can't see the detail.

You need to work on blending whilst shading, I can see clearly the lines where you've shaded in different colours. Smudge it with your finger at least to blend the dark and light tones together, that way it will make the piece a lot more effective and professional looking. I mean the drawing itself (excluding shading) is quite good, you just let yourself down with the colour really.

If I had to rate /10, I'd say the drawing is 5.5/10 and the shading is 2/10.

Oh and tag your thread next time (read the rules)

Okay, thank you. I see what you mean/ thanks for taking the time to share your opinion
My scanner actually broke and that was taken with a phone.
And I will sorry I completly forgot *facepalm*

Reflection

Reflection

Noitcelfer

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,598 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band .
  • Fav Song .
Yeah, I agree with a lot of the above. A good thing to practice is to fill a blank piece of paper and have one side white, one side as dark as you can shade it, then fill in between the two in a smooth grey-scale that goes from white (blank paper) to the black (darkest shade possible) with a standard pencil. Try to get it to look smooth, with no discernible lines or sudden jumps from lighter to darker. That can help you get a feel for what it takes to shade smoothly.

As for the drawing itself, I like the composition, the angles you used, etc. I feel that some of the details could be worked on more. Probably would give it a 6 out of 10, it just needs a little more attention to the things that have been mentioned and it would go up a couple points.

SuicideAnswer

SuicideAnswer

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
I think you should have put more.. YOU into it. This is a typical dragon.. try some extra.. flare

tormented_inside

tormented_inside

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
...practice more... ^_^....5/10

QWERTYASDFGH

QWERTYASDFGH

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hell... it's better than anything I can ever draw. :P so it's friggen Osm to me.

Kevin Johnson

Kevin Johnson

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Kansas
  • Fav Band Motorhead
  • Fav Song BVB - Savior
Not bad. Best thing I can draw is a stick figure LOL

Doge

Doge

Wow

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,926 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band A Band
  • Fav Song "A Song-" A Band
Maybe taking a higher quality picture of it would make it look better, but it's still pretty interesting. Maybe try different colouring techniques and add shading too.

I'd say a 6.5/10, but it'd probably be a higher score if the picture was clearer X)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users