Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Entertainment Section

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Bimp

Bimp

2gr8ful2beh8ful

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,388 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Worlds End Girlfriend
In almost every other forum I post on, especially in music sections, they have a system whereby they have a single thread for a band, etc, and any duplicates are locked, and I've always wondered why we don't do that here. A lot of people just don't like starting new topics for whatever reason, and I think it would help in getting the section some much needed activity. Nobody wants to start a new thread just to post about a band's tour dates or album releases or whatever, which they almost always have to with the current system, but few people would have any reservations about posting in an existing thread.

I don't know what kind of work would need to go into this, so I understand if it turns out to be unreasonable. But I think it's worth considering.

DISCUSS.

Forzare!

Forzare!

roosterteeth

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,593 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Lorde
  • Fav Song Lorde - Bravado
what bands would be worthy of a thread though?

Bimp

Bimp

2gr8ful2beh8ful

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,388 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Worlds End Girlfriend
ALL the bands. That's what I mean. If somebody wants to start a thread about a band / book / film, they check to see if there's already a thread for it. If there isn't, great, start a new thread. If there is, great, post in the existing thread. As it is, most threads end up with five posts saying "yeah I like x" and "no x is awful" before they're auto-locked.

Forzare!

Forzare!

roosterteeth

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,593 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Lorde
  • Fav Song Lorde - Bravado
Ah, I see... I thought that was the kind of system we had here to be honest, if people want a band thread then feel free to start one for each band I guess, I don't see anything wrong with it and it would encourage more discussion if people did participate (the threads die because people don't wanna post about the band I presume...).

so yeah, as far as i'm concerned, feel free. :P

Occasional_Desire

Occasional_Desire

WE WILL RISE!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,818 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Hurt
  • Fav Song Rapture
I don't think that's necessarily a "system". You can't force members to search and see whether a thread has already been made, although we wish we could.

Speak to Staton and see what he is willing to do, as the caretaker of the entertainment forums.

Gangsta Fag

Gangsta Fag

Ass-Eating Aficionado

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts
  • Country
  • US State:New Mexico
  • Fav Band Pennywise
  • Fav Song Redlight King - Old Man
Best thing to do for it, is change is back to Music, and put it back above the other useless sections.

finality

finality

opt out

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,489 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band suis la lune
That's actually a good system, emo bucket do that and they have a list of the bands who already have a thread in a sticky. it's a good system.

Reflection

Reflection

Noitcelfer

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band .
  • Fav Song .
Yeah but emo bucket thought Hot or Not was so great they reverse engineered it.... Just saying.

Two Headed Bro

Two Headed Bro

basedyoloswag4lyf

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Lil B 'The Based God'
  • Fav Song Lil B - I'm God
I just don't think there's enough posting in entertainment to warrant this. Plus I feel it would just be the same someone posts a band, a few youtube links, then people say ya or na and the thread dies. Just a case of not enough traffic to make having this system necessary.

.:.Lish.:.

Don't Feed The Trolls

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts
So are you kninda thinking of putting a topic up so people can post bands/music artists new cd release dates, tour dates etc. Or, having people start new topics for their own favourite bands to list of what's currently happening.

But too be honest, I thought that is what Twitter was invented for.

Reflection

Reflection

Noitcelfer

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band .
  • Fav Song .

So are you kninda thinking of putting a topic up so people can post bands/music artists new cd release dates, tour dates etc. Or, having people start new topics for their own favourite bands to list of what's currently happening.

But too be honest, I thought that is what Twitter was invented for.

So THAT'S what Twitter is for. Thanks for clearing this up for me!

Insane Pie

Insane Pie

Four String Samurai

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,747 posts
What's a "Twitter"?

Gangsta Fag

Gangsta Fag

Ass-Eating Aficionado

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Pennywise

That's actually a good system, emo bucket do that and they have a list of the bands who already have a thread in a sticky. it's a good system.

I swear. Why are you so obsessed with Emo Bucket, and starving African children, Toni!?

finality

finality

opt out

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,489 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band suis la lune

I swear. Why are you so obsessed with Emo Bucket, and starving African children, Toni!?

I'm not obsessed, it's just a healthy life-dominating interest. :(

Gangsta Fag

Gangsta Fag

Ass-Eating Aficionado

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Pennywise

I'm not obsessed, it's just a healthy life-dominating interest. :(

I hear ya, doll.
Posted Image

Don't Feed The Trolls

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

What's a "Twitter"?

Okay, Twitter is sorta like facebook except you follow celebs and bands and everything like that, and they post their release dates for tours, cd's, movies etc. But they also post random shit like funny youtube clips and funny quotes, and ofcourse you can vote their post up and comment on them, or post on their profile walls and stuff like that, and also people follow you if you have an account on there.

Insane Pie

Insane Pie

Four String Samurai

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,747 posts
Why would someone ever want to "follow" a celebrity, what is so special about them that seperates them from the rest of us? Do they have magical powerrs?

Don't Feed The Trolls

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Why would someone ever want to "follow" a celebrity, what is so special about them that seperates them from the rest of us? Do they have magical powerrs?

It's because people become over obsessive with news, gossip and rumours about them.

Steve 

Steve 

King of Modesty

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

If I had a twitter, I'd probably follow band pages or something, if I was interested in seeing them live. Other than that, I have no idea. Celebrities have the coolest magical power of all: Lots of money

Reflection

Reflection

Noitcelfer

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band .
  • Fav Song .
I always thought a Twitter was something that annoying teenaged girls did when they shared idiotic inside jokes between friends....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users