Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Native Clothing

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

DireWolf

DireWolf

I'm a massive cunt.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,426 posts
A topic to discuss clothing specific to a country or region.

What is your country or region's native outfit?

Do you wear it on special occasions? If so what?

Do you enjoy wearing it?

Do you know much about it?

Lightning.

Lightning.

Zap!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,058 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Snow Patrol
  • Fav Song The Lightning Strike
Only really outfits the Irish have are for when there's a feis or a ceili
Posted Image
Posted Image

each one can be custom made
they're for irish dancing

Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie

First class fuck up.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -
Posted Image
Different towns and regions have different ones. The designs are very specific and there's no room for variation. They can be used for traditional dancing or performing traditional music, but most importantly they are formal wear, suitable for even the president's independence day ball.

lukejeffrey12

lukejeffrey12

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
As a Mancunian there seems t be only one item of dress that is obligatory around here. Made famous by mods and Liam Gallagher - It is the humble Parka coat. I, myself, own two in bottle green and navy blue.

Insane Pie

Insane Pie

Four String Samurai

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts
It is very sad that I cannot name anything clothing specific to my region. Very, very sad.

ZombieRecon

ZombieRecon

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts
Flip flops, wife beaters and a beer.
It is generally worn in summer on the beach or to barbeques, it can be worn with a plaid shirt over the top or jacket, but you may be called a bogan. This is a compliment in my country, it's like saying you're awesome, mainly males wear it. Females are left to wear a skirt or dress, it's kind of like a Scotts kilt, but shorter, these can be worn any time.
Now with these two fabulous fashion choices you wear a cork hat which looks like this:
Posted Image
This is worn to keep flys off your face, you wll also see people walking around with a small branch sometimes and whacking their back. This is to get rid of the flies that will swarm on your back if ya ain't to careful, and by crikey they're mean buggers.
On Australia day though, every Australian/Aboriginal wears either an Australian or Aboriinal flag about them, showing pride in their nation.
The only downside to wear flip flops are our giant spiders, poisonous snake and deadly plants.
Don't really enjoy wearing it, but you do what you must.

This is our battle cry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users