So with that aside we shall begin.
The Year Is 1999, things are only just becoming up and coming. Technology is starting to advance, but not as much as now. It's set in a small City where there is a clear difference, the West end is Upper Class, and there are only the rich and fabulous that can afford to live there. The School on the west end is a private school, Miller's Academy for the young and prestigious, no dress code, but pupils have to look smart. They have ornate gates and immaculate structure and clinically clean halls, and classrooms. There are 5 lessons a day, and they are in school half day Saturday.
Then there's the East end, where there are middle class people, living average lives, The school on the East End is a Catholic School, St.Thomas Aquinas, having strict dress code, and strict rules, and they are in all week minus weekend, but on a Friday after school and Sunday morning all pupils are expected to attend Mass. The school is clean and has religious setting, and a small chapel built on the side of the school. There's perfectly clean and well working equipment, classrooms and school building. The brick from the outside is plain and clean, as though it's just been built, and has that new building look about it.
Then the South end is where most of the trouble is, with lower class family's and of course a lot of trouble. The School there is mainly full of children with bad tempers and have been chucked out of schools, or just generally difficult, Southend High has no dress code what so ever, and most staff are surprised if they even turned up. They are in Monday to Friday, but Wednesday's and Friday's are only half days...detentions are served on Saturday mornings. The school is old and partly destroyed, paint is peeling from the walls and pipes leak all over the place, and the heating doesn't work so in the winter it goes extremely cold.
The North End of the City is more of a mixed race, with a lot of different culture, the school there is for anyone who wishes to attend, or can not get into any other school but has a good behavioural/attendance record. Pendulberry School is the school in the North end, and they have no dress code, but do have certain regulations on hooped earrings, and excessive make up.
The North End of the City is high security fenced to keep the other people out as there has been a known fights and racial attacks on people because they don't fit anywhere else.
In the centre of the city is the shopping malls, and all other amenities, there's the high rise towers of offices and then the news and weather stations and things like that.
Now, your character can be from any of the four area's of the city, or even another city, but commutes to the city for school/work, however wherever you decide to live/work/school, all has to reflect on your character, for instance you wouldn't get some rebel/gang in the private school...so however you portray your character all depends on where you go. Also, the weekends and out of school hours is usually when trouble can kick off ((Some violence is encouraged of course, but please don't go on a mass killing spree)) Usually there are fights between groups from the other ends of the city, and because they're all so different, of course it's going to cause something of a segregation.
NORMAL RULES APPLY WITH SOME OF THESE ADDITIONS, FOR THIS RP:
- You can not be a vampire/angel/werewolf or any other supernatural creature...this is supposed to resemble some kind of realistic set up, but of course is completely fictional.
- Violence/Romance is encouraged, but no need for going overboard...don't be a mass killer, but don't be having massive mushy scene's all the way through.
- You can have as many character's as you can handle, but please don't have loads of characters if you can't keep up with them all....you will know your limit, and I would probably limit it to 3/4 at a time.
- Don't get really involved then leave, without removing your character in some way, either have them maybe killed in a gang fight or they can move away from the city.
- Also, no guns... the most weaponry anyone's going to carry around is a kitchen knife, or a swiss/flick knife. ((even then, it's probably only going to be during fights))
- HAVE FUN!
School Attending: *if applicable*
Job: *if applicable*
Other: *if applicable*