Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Final Countdown

• Please log in to reply
242 replies to this topic

PeppermintxKiss

PeppermintxKiss

Inspired!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,126 posts
((Hey guys, I'm really sorry about not having posted in ages, but things are a little crazy at home and don't get much computer time, and Natt, even if I'm not online you can always inbox me, goes straight to my phone anyway but yeah, I'm going to try and post more now, and I'm really sorry...and I know it wont make much sense because I'm lost as to where everyone is but it's the end of school so doesn't really matter I don't think so much...right now I will post sorry for the long waffle.))

Jasmine got off the bus in the centre of town and was going to get her nails done in the small salon just on the other side of the food court and as she walked through she noticed a small cafe and went inside and then saw Futa in the shop and pushed past him making sure he stumbled a little and then went to the counter and clinked the small service bell so she could get coffee to go and then go and get her nails done. She waited at least two minutes and then sighed, "Do you not serve people here?" she asked, a little louder than was probably needed, but usually the people that worked in these places were lower than her anyway...so she could talk however she liked to them.

Sammie got off the bus in the town and sighed, one more bus and then she was home and then she would be in the comforts of where she kind of belonged, although there really wasn't much where she felt she belonged.She hated this city though, people just looked down on everyone else and it wasn't fair...but there wasn't much of a protest she could manage, so she paid her bus fare and got on, and took the hour long ride home.

LittleWitch

LittleWitch

EC's Resident Hairstylist

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Florida
  • Fav Band Sam the Sham
  • Fav Song Little Red Riding Hood
Jess smiled and gave the money back to Futa, "Sorry hun Im not allowed to take your money, but I'll brink you pancakes and you can just give the money to the lady up there at the register. I'll be right back." She quickly got back to work and handed out people's orders. She heard someone asking for servious and looked over seeing someone she went to school with, "I'll be right with you!" She said giving her a big cute smile and then almost in the blink of an eye she was back holding a pen and pad of paper, "Alright what can I get you?" She asked cheerfully.

Kit smiled and shook her head, "No, You cant come back here. Silly goose." She stuck her tounge out at him cutely. then went back to working, it was crazy how many people were there.

Chica

Chica

Screeeeeeeeeeeee~!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,306 posts
Gem sighed impatiently and watched Jess leave. Wasn't he supposed to get everything he asked for now? So why couldn't she just bring the pancakes and take the money. He started towards the counter, but, he didn't get very far, for that moment, someone shoved right into him, almost knocking him off his feet. He stared after her in confusion for a moment. What the hell did I do? he thought angrily. Stupid rich kids!
But, she had messed with the wrong guy. Pushing his hair back off his face once more, he continued to march right up to the counter, pretending to wait behind her while Jess took her order. When another waitress passed with a tray of drinks, he 'accidentally' tripped her, causing her to fall and spill the drinks all down Jasmine, a few splashes hitting Jess as well. He didn't really care, though; he was mad at her too.
"Don't ever shove me," he breathed in Jasmine's ear, stepping back to watch her reaction, amusement painted on his face.

"Oh...Right..." Futa muttered, blushing a little. "I'll...just wait then." He wondered whether it would seem weird for someone as stubborn as that kid to wait patiently like this, but what else could he do? He had no idea where he was supposed to be living now. So, he sat down at one of the tables, half watching Kit, half trying to remember everything he could from drama class.

PeppermintxKiss

PeppermintxKiss

Inspired!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,126 posts
Jasmine sighed and then looked at Jess "Small skinny latte to go please, and as quick as you can, do have places to be you know...I have half a mind to complain to your manager!" she threatened and after Jess had taken her order another waitress was taking a tray of drinks out when she tripped "Oh My God! You stupid servant, can you not do anything...look at me, my clothes are ruined! Do you know how much these cost?! More than you probably earn!" Jasmine screeched at her and then when Futa threatened her "Futa, you should know your place around here, compared to me, you're nothing...and my cleaning bill will be sent to your family, and the same bill will be sent to you" she said glaring at the servant who had dumped a whole tray of drinks on her. She shoved Futa again "Just wait till tomorrow at school...you'll be sorry." she whispered and turned on her heel and walked out, remembering what the cafe was called...if it came to it she'd get it shut down for having such clumsy servants.

LittleWitch

LittleWitch

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Sam the Sham
Jess felt her face get bright red and her eyes felt hot, Don't cry, don't cry. Do not cry! She told her self over and over wishing Tim was there to comfert her. It was people like that who gave people lie Jess a bad name, and now she was probably going to get fired along with the girl she worked with. Quickly Jess helped clean un the mess and then got back to work trying to ignore the stares she was getting from people. She jumper a little when she heard the bell ding for an order, quickly she grabbed the warm plate on pancakes and cold glass of milk and bring it to Futa, "H-here you go. Sorry it took so long, we are just a little packed today."

Kit smiled and nodded, "Alright." She said sweetly then quickly got back to work. After a while she was abole to go into the back and change into her regular black dress and combat boots then she walked out and made her way to where Gem was sitting. "Hey, you ready to get outa here?" She asked softly her voice almost a whisper.

Chica

Chica

Screeeeeeeeeeeee~!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,306 posts
Gem enjoyed every second of Jasmine's 'temper tantrum', continuing to smile when she rounded on him. She, obviously, was unaware that he couldn't care less how much her clothes cost, or that Futa's family would end up having to pay for it. It had absolutely nothing to do with him. As for school, he was ready for all out war. He'd show that spoiled brat he wasn't someone she could push around easily. "Bring it," he muttered when she shoved him again.
As he turned to watch Jess and the other waitress cleaning up, however, his smile faded a little. It seemed very similar to an incident at Kit's work, where she had been forced to clean up after some food fight. When she brought him his pancakes, her eyes almost brimming with tears, he couldn't bring himself to say he had asked for them to go. The stupid driver could wait. "It didn't take that long," he pointed out quietly. "Besides...that loud girl slowed you down."
There was a short pause, in which he almost apologized for causing that scene, but decided to go with: "You go to that prissy school too, right? We can get her back tomorrow."

Futa stood, a little too eagerly. He didn't particularly want to stay in this place much longer. He had seen far too much repulsive behaviour from some of the other customers. It didn't strike him that he was going to a place potentially even more repulsive, until they had made it to the exit.
"Hey, Kit?" he started, his eager stride slowing to a walk. "Do you...ever wonder what it would be like to live a completely different life?"

LittleWitch

LittleWitch

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Sam the Sham
Kit thought for a moment then nodded, "Mhm... But I think I wouldn't be cut out for it. I know it's stupid but I actiouly like my own life. I like working for what I get, it makes me feel like I'm at least doing one thing right..." She looked at Gem and to his surprise she was smiling. "Oh! Katana asked me to give you this!" She quickly reached into her bag and pulled out a picture of a squearl driving and airplane.

Jess smiled then nodded, "Mhm... Except I won't be at school tomorrow." Her face got bright red at the thought of where she was going. She hated the doctors she had to go see, they always poked and prodded at her like some kind of science excpermint. and then they treated her like a helpless little child.

Chica

Chica

Screeeeeeeeeeeee~!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,306 posts
Futa stared at Kit in shock. She preferred this life to any other? She preferred to work in a place like that to get the things she wanted? Somehow, though, he felt more admiration than pity. But still..."Maybe it's because you don't know any different," he muttered without thinking. That had to be it.
"Huh?" he asked, bewildered when she suddenly pushed the piece of paper into his hands. He smiled. "It's...cute," he whispered. So, these people exceeded him in art.
They reached the bus stop, just in time to catch the bus, and he climbed aboard, going to sit at the front out of habit. But, as he moved towards the seat, someone shoved him out of the way.
"The homeless are trying to move up to the front!" another person commented with a laugh.
"Do they need teaching their place again?"
Futa frowned. "What's their problem?" he grumbled angrily to Kit. "Why can't we sit there?"

"Ah...That's a shame," Gem sighed. "You seem like you actually have a brain." He tilted his head to the side thoughtfully when he saw her expression. "And, you look like you don't want to miss school. Let me guess; you have some big family meeting to determine whether you're suitable to be the next head of your family? Or maybe they're forcing you into a marriage with some snob you haven't even met before? Right, right?" Judging from her body language, he was wrong. "Or, you have to go see someone you don't want to see...You'd rather be at school, or with a guy you're madly in love with?...How boring."
Before he could complain any further, the door to the cafe burst open, and a flustered looking man entered, eying everyone desperately, before his gaze finally fell on Gem. "Master Futa!" he panted. "What are you doing? I've been waiting where you asked me for the last ten minutes! I thought you had been kidnapped!"
Gem only reacted when the guy approached him directly. And then, he responded with a dismissive: "Can't you wait a little longer? I'm busy."
The driver groaned, trying his hardest to keep his composure. What the hell had got into that boy?

LittleWitch

LittleWitch

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Sam the Sham
Kit took Gem's hand and pulled him to the back with her she shrugged then sighed, "Because we aren't the same. Because we don't have as much money as them we don't deserve the best. We take what we can get, always have always will..." She looked at Gem sideways for a second then put her hand on his fourhead, "You ok you are acting a little silly."

Jess smiled shaking her head, "I need to go into the hospital for a check up. But like you said I would much rather be with Tim..." She blushed but before she could say anything else a man burst into the cafe trying to get Futa to come with him. She smiled then heard her boss saying there was someone out back to see her, she got a big smile on her face hoping it was Tim and she bowed her head to Futa and and said goodbye then quickly made her way back to the back door. She took off her aprion and set it down on the counter then opened the back door, suddenly she was grabbed by the arm and dragged out into the allyway. She let out one loud scream and then her face was covered and she was stuffed into the back of what seemed to be a car.

Chica

Chica

Screeeeeeeeeeeee~!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,306 posts
As Futa sat down, he looked to the front of the bus, at the group of teenagers who were still pointing and jeering at them. "But it's not fair," he whispered. How could they just accept this treatment? But, he guessed he had always believed he was better than those with less money. Still, he couldn't stand this.
He blinked when he felt Kit's hand on his forehead, and returned his gaze to her, blushing a little. "Yeah I'm completely fine," he insisted, his words tumbling over each other. "I guess I just realized how annoying those people are."
During the rest of the bus trip 'home', he remained silent, ignoring the things thrown at them from the front. And finally, the moment he dreaded the most came, as the bus arrived at their stop. He stood, reluctantly following Kit off the bus, and letting out a small whimper when he saw the other teenagers waiting there for them. "Maybe we should wait for the next stop," he suggested, a hint of pleading in his voice.

Gem rested his chin on his palm, completely ignoring the frantic driver who was insisting that they leave right away. Now he was bored. "Fine,"he grumbled, eventually giving in. But, as he stood from the table, he noticed something beneath it, and knelt to pick it up. It was a thick, handwritten book, but somehow it felt familiar.
Then it struck him...The guy from lunch time had been holding it when he had shouted at him for hitting his girlfriend's chair. And now, he remembered their faces clearly, and what the girl had been wearing. It had been Jess...So, that annoyingly serious guy must have been that Tim guy.
"Wait here," he sighed, hurrying after Jess, and ignoring the protests of his driver, and the other waitresses cries of: 'You can't go back there!' "Hey, your boyfriend left his-" he began to call out, but hastily fell silent when he rounded the corner, and saw two men shoving Jess into a car. He quickly ducked back out of the alley, seeing something gold glittering on the floor. A bracelet Jess must have dropped. How convenient, he thought as he picked it up, grabbed a pen from his bag, and opened the book on a random page, circling a few of the words. Then, he carefully placed the bracelet inside the book. "Oi," he called rudely to one of the waitresses. "If a guy with black hair and glasses comes in, he's probably looking for this." He shoved the book into her hand, then silently rushed out into the alley again.
Fortunately, the men were still fighting Jess into the car, and he waited for them to get into the front before sneaking into the back, and hiding under the seat as best he could, pressing a hand over his mouth to silence his breath. The other hand moved to his pocket, gripping the knife he had refused to give up, even for his disguise.

{D: Unrealistic. >..<}

LittleWitch

LittleWitch

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Sam the Sham
Kit sighed when she saw the kids waiting for them to get off the bus, "We cant. This is the last stop.." She looked at Gem with big sad eyes. When the stepped off the bus she quickly pulled Gem along behind her.

Jess couldn't say anything, they had covered her mouth. Oh god please someone help! She thought franticaly. She felt the doors close and the car pull away and knew she was not going to be rescioued. No one knew she had been taken, maybe if she had listened to her parents and let that body gaurd guy stay near her this wouldn't have happened. She felt tears running down her cheeks and was suddenly yelled at to stop crying.

Chica

Chica

Screeeeeeeeeeeee~!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,306 posts
Futa kept his eyes on the ground, keeping close to Kit as they made their way through the small, jeering crowd. His hand tightened around hers, as he tried, and failed to keep it from trembling.
"Oi, hold it," one, inordinately tall guy called out, stepping in front of them. "Where'd you think you're going? You're two of the freaks who attacked my little brother this morning, ain't you? So, how are we gonna fix this?" He smirked, placing a hand on Jess's shoulder. "Tell me where the other is, and we wont hurt the pretty one."
"P-please let us through," Futa whispered, his grip on Jess's hand tightening even more. "We don't want any trouble."
The guy raised his eyebrows, while his friends laughed. "Don't want any trouble? Well you got trouble, so what are you gonna do about it?"
As he spoke, the others closed in, ready for a fight.

"I said stop crying!" the guy in the passenger seat repeated angrily, glaring back at Jess. The smoke from his cigarette billowed into the back, and he flicked some of the burning ash onto Jess's knee. "Damn spoiled brat."
The driver rolled his eyes. "You be quiet," he grumbled. "There's no point traumatizing her just yet."
Gem closed his eyes, pressing his hand even tighter against his mouth as he breathed in the smoke, willing himself not to cough. He had already heard enough of their conversation to know these were not people they could mess with. They planned to send a ransom note to Jess's parents exactly twelve hours after her disappearance, demanding £100,000. Once they had the money, they would be free to 'dispose' of her.
He was half relieved he had decided not to raise the alarm right away, and chose the more subtle option of trying to help her. If he had announced to the whole cafe that Jess was being abducted, the kidnappers would have driven off panicked, and possibly killed her right away to get rid of the evidence. He just hoped her boyfriend had a brain, and would realize what the message meant.
After what felt like hours of inhaling smoke, the car came to a stop, and the front doors opened simultaneously. When the back door opened, he began to pull out the knife.
"Alright girl," the taller of the two men spat, roughly grabbing Jess by the arm. "Don't do anything stupid, and we wont hurt you."
"Yet," the other added with a smirk.
Still unnoticed by the two, who were too busy taunting Jess, Gem crawled out of the car, making his way behind the guy who was holding Jess. But, as he stood, raising the knife, a third man approached him from behind, knocking him out easily with the swing of a bat. His eyes widened for a moment, and a trickle of something warm and wet rolled down from beneath his hair. He hit the ground before the knife.
"What the hell is that kid doing here?" one of the men demanded angrily, turning to face the third, who was lowering the bat with a satisfied smirk. He rounded on Jess angrily. "Is this her doing?"
"Just get them both inside before someone else shows up! You morons! How could you not know you were being followed?"

LittleWitch

LittleWitch

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Sam the Sham
Kit looked at them with pleading eyes. "Ok.... Leave Gem alone..." She whispered softly pushing Gem out of the croud of guys. One of the guys came in and was about to unch Kit in the stomich when they suddenly heard a dark calm voice. "I really would think about what you are going to do next." Kit looked up seeing Katana standing right behind Gem his head down and his hair covering his face. He really was scary.

Jess squeaked when she was burnt by the ash on her knee, it hurt alot. When she heard there was another kid she tried to scream but they quickly covered her mouth and hauled her into what seemed to be a warehouse. Jess could smell rust and something else, she almost thought it could have been blood. When they took off the bag over her head she looked around, they were in some kind of butcher shop. Jess squealed, she was a vegetarin and all the meat around her and blood frightened her even more.

Chica

Chica

Screeeeeeeeeeeee~!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,306 posts
Futa spun around to see Katana, and, intimidated, took a few steps back. Why had he thought the switch would be a good idea? "K-Katana...?" he asked uncertainly, a hopeful note in his voice. Gem had told him all about Katana, and he hoped to God he hadn't been over exaggerating.
At that moment, the tall boy smirked, shoving Futa out of the way, and throwing himself at Katana. The others, still a little intimidated by his appearance hung back, one still considering attacking Kit.
"What do I do?" Futa asked, backing into Kit, his voice trembling. "He can't fight them on his own, can he?"

The first man, the largest, and possibly the 'leader' smirked at Jess's reaction to the surrounding meat. "Aw, don't worry," he taunted as the other two forced her into a smaller room at the back, where more meat; whole carcasses hung from the ceiling. "You wont look much different from them soon."
Once Jess's hands had been successfully tied behind her back, they threw the unconscious Gem in with her, his hands also tied. "Don't bother screaming," another warned. "No one'll hear you."
"Oi, what are you doing putting the extra in there?" the third protested. "He's not needed. Just get rid of 'im."
"Idiot. He looks just as rich as her. We can get money for both of them."

LittleWitch

LittleWitch

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Sam the Sham
Jess looked up at them with big eyes filled with tears, "W-why are you doing this?..." She whispered trying her best to not look at the dead things all around her.
She shivvered but quickly stopped when one of the big men got closer to her, "Awh boss she lookes cold. Should we warm her up?" The man looked back at his boss then back at Jess and takng his knife cut a small slit down the front of Jess's dress. SHe quickly backed away trying to hide a little, all the men laughed and the one backed away laughing as well. They shook their heads and when they closed the door the one with the knife looked in at Jess and gave her a look that said he would be back to finish what he started.
When the door was closed and Jess and Futa were alone in the dark she felt her way around and finaly found him. She tried to shake him gentaly with her elbow but it didn't really work. "F-Futa Please wake up!" She said crying softly.

Kit smiled a little when Katana punched the guy square in the jaw. "See that house?.." She pointed discreetly at a little run down house with a green roof. "Run there!" She said and pushed him, this time not being as gental.
She kicked a few of the guys right between the legs and stomped on one of their foots with her big combat boots. Katana took down a few other guys and then him and Kit made a break for it running to the house.

Chica

Chica

Screeeeeeeeeeeee~!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,306 posts
After a while, Gem's eyes flickered open, and he let out a small cry of pain, feeling tears running down his face. "...Ow..." he complained, trying to push himself up into a sitting position. "I can't see anything!" The more he blinked, the more it hurt, and the more blurred his vision became, not that he would have been able to see much anyway. More tears rolled uncontrollably from his eyes.
"Stupid contact lenses," he grumbled eventually, trying to rub at his eyes with his shoulders. It was no use. He sighed angrily, then squinted in the direction Jess's tearful voice was coming from. Still disorientated from being hit in the head, and unable to see anything but a blur, he attempted to move over to her. "Do you have any idea where we are?"

Futa only hesitated for a second before running as fast as he could towards the house. He felt guilty for leaving them behind...but what could he have possibly done? He had never had to face anything like that before, and he knew the two would most likely be confused by his behaviour.
"I'm sorry," he mumbled apologetically when they joined him, surprisingly unhurt, or unphased by the attack. "Are you alright?"

LittleWitch

LittleWitch

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Sam the Sham
Jess scooted closer to Futa and shakily tried to speak, "S-some kin-nd on butcher sh-sh-shop." She brought her knees up to her cheast trying to stay warm. "They want my fathers money..." She whispered looking around her vision ajusting a little more to the darkness. What she saw she didn't like, all the dead things hanging around her, it hurt just to look at them.

Kit and Katana both looked at eachother then at Gem and suddenly they both started to laugh. Kit stood up giggling to herself a little, "Heh.. Are you feeling alright?" She asked placing her hand on his fourhead again. Then Katana stood upa totaly serious look on his face and asked, "Who are you and whaty have you done to Gem?" Suddenly his face broke into a half smile and he ruffeled Gem's hair, "Looks like this little monster of a kid is finaly growing up, huh?" He said smiling at Kit and Gem.

Chica

Chica

Screeeeeeeeeeeee~!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,306 posts
Gem finally managed to blink enough to force the contact lenses to fall out completely, and his vision slowly cleared. He could see Jess's terrified face, and...things hanging from the ceiling. Another look told him Jess was right about this being some kind of butchers shop. He hoped that was where they were. "Classy," he commented. "They could have picked somewhere that didn't smell so bad...What'll they do if you puke to death before they can get anything?"
Sighing, he sat right beside her. "Judging from the make of the car they were driving, and the fact that the two who dragged you into it were white, I assumed they'd be taking you somewhere in the South...And, from what I was able to see outside, I was right. That's good. All we can do now is hope a certain someone has enough brains to figure that much out."

Futa stared at them in bewilderment. Why were they so happy? They had just been attacked! At Katana's question, he felt his heart stop for a moment, almost letting out a sigh of relief when he laughed and ruffled his hair.
"Well...I just...thought...We should try to avoid fights like that," he muttered, instinctively pushing his hair back into place, almost forgetting for a moment to let the front fall into his eyes. "I'm fine, honestly...I just don't want to see anyone get hurt. Can we...just go home now before anything else happens?"

Tim grumbled to himself as he made his way back into the cafe, certain he had left it there. His father would kill him if he didn't find it soon. Just as he was half way back to the table where he and Jess had been sitting, a waitress stopped him.
"Excuse me sir, are you here looking for this?" she asked, holding up the book.
He blinked in confusion, then nodded. "...Thank you."

LittleWitch

LittleWitch

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Sam the Sham
Jess sighed smiling softly at What Futa was saying about the smell then when she heard him talk about someone with brains she looked at him a little confused, "What are you talking about?" She asked her voice soft. Just as he was about to answer the door swong open hard and in walked one of the men, "You two shut up! Unless you wanna lose a finger." He smiled evily holding up a knife.

Kit smiled and looked out the whindow, "Those guys are still out there.... You think we should go the long way?" She asked looking back at Katana, who nodded looking out the whindow aswell.
"Yeah, we better. This guys are so annoying." He grumbeled under his breath then looked back at Kit and Gem and smiled a little. "Well come on lets go." He said and started quietly to walk out the door and then around to the back of the house.

Chica

Chica

Screeeeeeeeeeeee~!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,306 posts
Gem smiled knowingly, but offered no explanation. He didn't want to get Jess's hopes up; or his own. It was true, he had got himself into this situation after thinking through as much as he could in that short time, but he still understood how much danger they were in, and that these guys were planning to kill them. He was nowhere near strong enough to fight the three of them if he and Jess managed to release their hands from the ropes binding them, and he highly doubted a spoiled little rich kid knew how to fight for herself. Her boyfriend was the only hope they had, and if he had overestimated his intelligence, this wouldn't end well.
When the door swung open, he looked up at the man, and the knife in his hand calmly. "We're sorry," he began sarcastically. "We're not used to being locked in dark, filthy, disgusting smelling rooms with nothing to do...And these ropes are tight. Can't you treat us better than-" He was forced to stop when the cold blade of the knife was pushed against his neck. His breath caught in his throat, but he forced a smile.
"Wipe that smug little look off your face!" the man warned angrily. "And keep quiet! You do realize your situation, don't you? We only intended to kidnap the girl, so you aren't needed at all. I could cut your throat right now, and leave her to watch you slowly bleed to death, knowing she faces the same fate."
"You wont just kill her," Gem continued, his voice shaking a little now. "People like you are too sick to simply take a life...And you wont kill me either."
The guy raised his eyebrows at this. "And why is that?"
Gem smiled innocently, looking him straight in the eye. "Because of the tracking device."
For the first time, fear flickered across the man's face. "You think I don't know when someone's bluffing?" he growled dangerously, his grip tightening on the knife.
"Don't do it!" Gem warned him, cursing the way his voice trembled, as he saw the murderous intent in the guy's eyes. "I'm telling the truth...If my heart stops beating, it will be triggered, and they'll be after you. You wont get away, and you wont get any money from her parents."
Unable to decide whether the boy was telling the truth or not, the man slowly moved back, clearly irritated. "I'll leave you for now," he muttered. "The others want to double their money, anyway." He began to turn towards Jess, his eyes seeming to smirk. "I wonder how many bones I can break before you pass out," he said thoughtfully.
To his surprise, Gem laughed. "If you hurt her, I'll bite through my tongue," he threatened. "You can't touch either of us."
Now infuriated, the man turned once more, kicking him in the stomach. "Just stay quiet!" he hissed at them both, grudgingly returning the knife to his pocket. Then he moved to the corner of the room, where a beaten up security camera was just visible through the darkness. "Isn't this handy?" he taunted, addressing Jess once more. "We can send the video to your parents so they know you're alive. Until we have their money, of course."
Gem pushed himself back up into a sitting position, looking over at Jess with concern. Unless they could somehow keep a live broadcast of her the entire time, a video meant nothing. Only that she really had been kidnapped. There was also the chance that this idiot's two partners weren't as stupid as him, and they would figure out that he had been lying about the tracking device.

Futa silently followed Kit and Katana, looking back over his shoulder every time he heard a noise that didn't belong to them. He grimaced as they made their way through the narrow back streets, where the ground was littered with rubbish, chewing gum, and 'presents' left by dogs. This place was disgusting. How could they live here? Why didn't anyone clean it up? He was already ready to go home.
And, once they made it back to their house, his disgust only grew. The place was just as run down as the house they had come from, and the noise erupting from inside was unbearable and annoying. He reluctantly followed them inside, his eyes instantly meeting with those of a boy half his age, who had been happily spray painting on the walls, his clothes filthy, and his hair more tangled than Gem's had been.
"Katana!" the boy chimed, dropping the can of spray paint. "We're hungry and Emily went out."
"Let's get pizza!" another voice joined in, and a girl so tomboyish Futa had to look at her face twice to make out that she was in fact a girl, came swinging down from the broken banisters on the stairs.
The sound of more children and teenagers could be heard from almost all the rooms ahead of them, and Futa unconsciously took a step back.

As Tim climbed back onto the bus and sat down, he realized that the book wasn't closed properly, and that either one of the pages was bent, or there was something inside. Hoping it wasn't the first, he opened it, frowning when the bracelet he had given Jess for her birthday slid out onto his knee. Holding it in one hand, he glanced at the page, noticing with horror that someone had decided to circle some of the words. (Against) (taken) (Hell) (Will)
Irritated, he slammed the book shut, putting the bracelet in his pocket. Why would someone do that? And what was that even supposed to mean? "Against...taken...Will...Hell?" he muttered to himself, somehow bothered by it. It was odd that Jess's bracelet; the one she never removed had been left inside the book, especially when she would never draw all over it. And the more he thought about it, the more he worried. "Against, taken, Will, Hell," he repeated, deciding to change the words around to figure out if they actually had a meaning.
Suddenly, he gasped, opening the book again, his heart pounding as the realization hit him. "taken Against Will...Hell..." he whispered. The 'Will' on the page referred to the writings left by a famous preacher in the West, who had died a few years previously. However, if he read the words in order, its meaning changed. The bracelet must have been a symbol for 'Jess'...So, what did 'Hell' mean? It couldn't mean she was dead. There would have been no point leaving a message like this. Maybe it referred to where she was? But where in this city was 'Hell'?...If she was still in the city. He glanced out of the window, his mind racing, and caught sight of a sign post which read: 'West Side', where he was heading.
Then it struck him. Maybe...maybe it meant the South?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users