Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Strippers

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Fizz

Fizz

C'est pas vrai

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,372 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band The Weeknd
  • Fav Song Glass table girls
tl;dr whole subject... But wouldn't half of EC be too young for this?

Innocence

Innocence

stuck in a daze

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band --------
Their body, their choice. Was friends with a stripper once, oh the things she told me.. :Straight Face:

CutMyLifeIntoPizzas

CutMyLifeIntoPizzas

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Louisiana
  • Fav Band Seven Lions
  • Fav Song All Alone

I think a fair amount of strippers just seek the attention. I've talked to a few, they say they do it mainly for the attention and the money is just a bonus.

I went to a strip club with my roommate about two months ago to relieve some pressure from working. We both tipped this one stripper, Lula, for a few minutes before returning to bar for drinks. While I'm drinking, Lula actually approaches me, and has a seat next to me. She introduces herself, tells me her real name, etc, etc, etc. I was curious, so I asked why she chose this profession, specifically. She said that this job was unlike any other, and that she had never felt so relaxed. She had graduated with a degree in journalism, but she figured that writing magazines, and blogs, would get old after some time. After three years, she'd most likely give up stripping, and pursue something else.

The reason she dances, is because she feels in power, and excites her. She loves the attention; makes her feel like a goddess. She has complete control over the men and women that she dances for - simply flaunting her body. She feels that when she's tipped, she's already got you hooked, and knows how to ween more money out of you. Thus, feeling in power of anyone sitting at the stage. She almost mentioned that stripping is an act of seduction, whether it be personal, or for the public's enjoyment.

She proceeded to give me her number, and went back to dance, again.

I don't necessarily think stripping, or prostitution is wrong. It really depends on your views, morals, and way of thinking. Stripping isn't wrong in any matter, in my opinion. It's simple for men; they're very visual creatures and enjoy what their eyes can see. Strippers take advantage of that fact, and exploit it for personal monetary gain. Every stripper is an independent contractor, and pay rent for the locker that they use at a club. Whatever they make through dancing, or coercing customers into buying drinks, is there's. The club only makes money when the customers pay to spend time with a stripper in the champagne room, dorm room, or whatever special rooms they have. As for what goes on in those rooms, I have no idea, but I can imagine. Sex in a strip club (in the US, as far as I know) is illegal; that doesn't say it doesn't happen though.

Most people have their stereotypes about the profession. That they're in it to pay for college, or to help raise a child. For the majority, that's true. However, it's not the reason that most have decided to employ themselves in the profession. As Lula said, she loves the attention. Many have their reasons, but as Jess said, money is a big incentive for everyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users