Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gay Rights

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

PatchIsaNarwhal

PatchIsaNarwhal

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right place to put this but oh well...

Okay some of you may of seen my profile and the rant i had about " Campbell Newman " he is the Premier of Queensland (the state in wich i reside ) and He is changing the laws for gays.

For years now Gays have ben abel to become surrogate parents and they have been aloud to be together. And no that he is in power he is changing that. I was discussing this with my mother and we are wondering if he does htis to one group of people then why not do it to the rest as well? Why not stop Lesbian couples being Surrogat parents? Why not have a whole state of Straight people? Why not just stop everyone being together make it illegal?

I personally think that this is very very wrong no one should be aloud to tell someone who they can be! What their sexuality can be and who they can be with. Im disgusted to be a Queenslander!

It is disgusting that he is doing this to people who have made a choice to be that way! I have many frieds who are gay and I find it very upsetting that this man can just waltz in and change it so that they cant be together!

Well Mr. Newman you are going to have a very very empty state. The only thing left for you to tell what to do will be the Trees and Animal!

That will be all... For now

finality

finality

Nigrescent Black Hole

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,517 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band .
1. If the law changes for male homosexual couples it will also change for female.

2. People don't "choose" to be gay.

I think you're probably blowing this out of proportion or misunderstanding the situation, do you have a link to a news article on the matter or anything like that?

PatchIsaNarwhal

PatchIsaNarwhal

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
When i get home i can post the letter that was written to him...

And no i am not.. Our premier sucks!

Honestly i wouldn't say anything about it if i was going to blow it out of proportion!

finality

finality

Nigrescent Black Hole

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,517 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band .
I found a news article about it and you're right, it does seem quite shit. Sorry about my assumption.

http://www.brisbanet...0621-20q9j.html

As they're saying here, it seems like the government have made a priority of taking rights away from people.

imo this was the worst part of the article

LNP Cleveland MP Mark Robinson, a
conservative Christian, was among those most stridently opposed to civil unions.

Mr Robinson made a general speech to Parliament yesterday afternoon suggesting
any expansion of the definition of marriage
to include same-sex couples would pose questions about where it could stop, making reference to polyamorous relationships.

He argued children were best raised by a
loving mother and father, before quoting
numerous religious figures including Pope
Benedict.

“Queenslanders are naturally socially
conservative and are wary of any moves in
Canberra to push a same-sex marriage and
same-sex parenting agenda on them,” he
said.

Successive opinion polls have shown the
majority of Australians support allowing
same-sex marriage.

In February, Galaxy research commissioned
by Australian Marriage Equality found 62
per cent support nation-wide, with 30 per
cent opposed.

PatchIsaNarwhal

PatchIsaNarwhal

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
It is honestly disgusting i am ashamed to be an australian

Im ashamed of my state and its leader...

lukejeffrey12

lukejeffrey12

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
What a sad state of affairs. It's the inherent prejudice of all conservative parties around the world (Tories, Republicans etc.), and the way they cloak their ignorant outlook as 'with-holding family values' or some other load of tripe, that makes me feel sick that these regressive fuckwits can be powerful in any kind of social or economical way. They are dictated to by the ideologies of a 2000 year old book and a capitalist mentality that places zero value on anything that doesn't provide the bourgeoisie with some kind of fiscal solvencey/ 'moral' upper-hand (whatever the fuck that is). And I'm afraid people who have a 'me first, everyone else second' attitude or are xenophobic/homophobic/greedy buy into that shit. I don't understand how people can see the consistent idiocy of conservatives (For a recent example see anything Mitt Romney has EVER said. . . ) and STILL vote for them. It's sad to see in Australia, because in my experience Australians have been quite liberal and forward thinking, and to see a huge state like Queensland dealt this kind of blow for equality is downright soul destroying, in my opinion. It's shit giving people their rights based on who they're instinctively attracted to isn't it? It's shit being fair to people, isn't it? Fucking conservatives ostracisizing people for not being from the right place or fucking the right people or following the right religion or being in the right tax bracket. They do my fucking head in!

Sorry for the rant. In short - What an upsetting thing to see. . . Equality takes a kick to the bollocks.

Two Headed Bro

Two Headed Bro

basedyoloswag4lyf

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Lil B 'The Based God'
  • Fav Song Lil B - I'm God
Gays don't deserve rights, just like blacks and hispanics.

PatchIsaNarwhal

PatchIsaNarwhal

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Luke i totally agree with you. And at the point in time im ashamed to be a Queenslander and A bisexual cause this law will also apply to Every same sex couple.

My state had done me proud until today.. I despise the fact that i must live her until i am 16...

And two headed bro You sick fuck... Go back to the twisted universe you came from!

thenonemowhowantedtobelove

thenonemowhowantedtobelove

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
They deserve the same rights as everyone else!

Equal Rights.

Kitties and Death Wishes

Kitties and Death Wishes

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band System Of A Down
  • Fav Song Lucy~nickasaur!
omg...... :@ Its bad enough the gillard won't legalise gay marrige, but what the hell?..... i'm starting to hate the government.... I found out today that newman cut fanfare music comp, and now this, :@ does this mean i can't experience childbirth unless i'm straight? this makes me sick

finality

finality

Nigrescent Black Hole

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,517 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band .

omg...... :@ Its bad enough the gillard won't legalise gay marrige, but what the hell?..... i'm starting to hate the government.... I found out today that newman cut fanfare music comp, and now this, :@ does this mean i can't experience childbirth unless i'm straight? this makes me sick

No, if you were to use a surrogate you wouldn't experience childbirth...

PatchIsaNarwhal

PatchIsaNarwhal

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Yinfatl

Newman has taken away rights that should be aloud to Same sex couples wich means they can not be parents.

I am disgusted to be an Australian i use to have pride in being an Aussie but no more...

finality

finality

Nigrescent Black Hole

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,517 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band .

Yinfatl

Newman has taken away rights that should be aloud to Same sex couples wich means they can not be parents.

I am disgusted to be an Australian i use to have pride in being an Aussie but no more...

I know, it's shit and a step backwards. It does seem like a petty and vindictive removal of rights with no justification.

Don't be ashamed to be Australian though, the majority of Australians are supportive of same sex couples.

PatchIsaNarwhal

PatchIsaNarwhal

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
That support dosent mean shit to the government

Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie

First class fuck up.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -
Fucking hell, there's, what, three users in this thread who have actually tried to type properly. OP, if you want to make a thread that will be taken seriously, you're going to have to make an effort in your writing. Finality was pretty justified to think you were blowing this out of proportion.

Obviously this is awful. I'm all for equal rights and I've been happy to witness a change for the better in my own country.

PatchIsaNarwhal

PatchIsaNarwhal

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
I am making an effort with my specially grammar and punctuation thank you very much!

And Yinfantl read the article

I am not blowing this out of proportion.

You have no idea what this means to me.

Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie

First class fuck up.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -
Okay, you're 13, that'll explain it.

I'm very aware that she read the article and I did, too. I was just giving you advice on how you might want to start these kinds of threads in the future. Giving a link for reference and double checking your writing will go a long way.

PatchIsaNarwhal

PatchIsaNarwhal

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
I was in class!

I dont have access to those links at school

And my spelling is excusable

And me being 13 does not explain anything!

I am bisexual i have friends who will be effected by this change and i will not stand for it.

Insane Pie

Insane Pie

Four String Samurai

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts
You're blowing it out of proportion.

PatchIsaNarwhal

PatchIsaNarwhal

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Whatever alex

honestly if people who actually live in australia can read this because i posted it on my facebook and no think im blowing it out of proportion it must just be whoever on here thinks i am

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users