Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Male (15) Looking For A Girl To Talk To

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Necroblqze

Necroblqze

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
So hi im max and im depressed and i would love to talk to some girls

Insane Pie

Insane Pie

Four String Samurai

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts
You may want to add some more information like what you are interested in, hobbies, etc.
Help you attract people.

Nereus

Nereus

The Old Man Of The Sea

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,833 posts
No offence, but mentioning you're depressed right off the bat may prevent people from talking to you.

PatchIsaNarwhal

PatchIsaNarwhal

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Mike saying that wont prevent people from talking to you.

It will cause people who may want to help talk to him.

Insane Pie

Insane Pie

Four String Samurai

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts
Not many people will want to talk to someone who is depressed.
Makes him look kind of desperate, no offense to OP.

"I'm depressed and would love to talk to some girls"

Reham Naguib

Reham Naguib

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi I can talk to you if you want... I love making new friends i'm 14 btw :)

KristiMassacre

KristiMassacre

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey if he wants to mention it upfront then it's how he wants to protray himself to others :) Nothing wrong with that.

Hi I'm Kristi I'm 15.

I like rock music, gothic classic like Emilie Autumn and I'm a skater, site model & gamer. :3

Insane Pie

Insane Pie

Four String Samurai

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts
It's not the best way to attract people, you tell them that after, not before.

Nereus

Nereus

The Old Man Of The Sea

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,833 posts

Hey if he wants to mention it upfront then it's how he wants to protray himself to others :) Nothing wrong with that.

Not the best way of going about things, if I'm being honest. Alex is right. That isn't something you mention right away. I've met a bunch of people from this forum, and many of them wouldn't disclose information like that off the bat. You usually get to know them first. It isn't the best way of attracting people, that's for sure.

Insane Pie

Insane Pie

Four String Samurai

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts
For me personally, if someone says the are depressed right away, that kind of turns me away from that person. That's some thing that I don't really want to get involved with while I'm content with how things are in my life.

Crispin

Crispin

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,282 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band _
Mike, Alex - stop derailing the topic. You've both made a point, and now you need to get over it and stop going on about it. Seriously, you guys do this to every newb around, and considering you're a mod Alex, ganging up on newbs/underage people isn't something you'd expect from you.

Considering telling someone that you are depressed straight off can be considered as too desperate and needy, is understandable but some people want to tell others that they have issues straight off and to just get it out of the way. However, it goes without saying there is a certain way to phrase your illness'. But saying it turns you off from the person as stated above, just makes you seem shallow, inconsiderate and unconcerned with other people.

Lets let the newb find someone who might like them, you've made your points now leave them be.

Kane.

Kane.

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Red Hot Chili Peppers
Hey, I just met you and this is crazy.

But I'm depressed so listen to my teenage angst.

nah

nah

nah

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,623 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band you
  • Fav Song you
I think we'll just agree here that telling someone you're depressed is fine as long as it isn't the main point of the thread/topic/whatever and its just mentioned, not dwelled upon. Depression isn't a trophy, it doesn't define you and you're probably a much more interesting person underneath that. Please elaborate on those qualities or the thread will be locked, as per the rules.

Abi The Ultimate Bro

Abi The Ultimate Bro

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
Heyy :P I'd be a good friend to make :)
I can help make you laugh and feel better :)
I'm Abi, but... I'm only 12 V,V

Kate :)

Kate :)

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hi, I'm Kate.. :) I also have depression, but I also box, am an artist, play the violin, and take medications to help tone it down... Who are you underneath the depression? I'm just.... Me...

possessedbyyourblood

possessedbyyourblood

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

heeeeeyyyyyy you can always talk to me? :) 

TwistedJynx

TwistedJynx

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hey.I'm Jynxy.I've dealt with depression before,so I understand it.

I love poetry,reading,painting and drawing(though I'm not very good at it)

I'm 15 and can be alittle awkward.Message me if ya want to

Sky_at_Dusk

Sky_at_Dusk

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Lavinia has it right, Insane Pie and Nereus need to let it go, if people want to talk about depression, its not any of your business, and maybe you were just trying to help, but it came off kind of douchey, and they didnt ask for advice so to go on and on about "how its not something you mention right away" is pointless. If this was any other site than "EMO corner" than maybe I'd agree with you, but I've met many depressed people on this website that I'm now good friends with and they were open about it, didnt mean they were annoying or desperate...

blinkfanatic

blinkfanatic

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

um I am Dakota my first time on the site but I love talking to peeps so ya oh and im 13 almost 14 tho

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users