Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pregnancy When Your Young

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Insane Pie

Insane Pie

Four String Samurai

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts

POPULAR

I have to disagree with you. I know a few people in their early 20's who are more than perfectly capable of taking care of a child and providing for that child.

EspoirTheMage

EspoirTheMage

EC's Welcome Wagon

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,140 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -x-
  • Fav Song Fields of gold-Sting

I have to disagree with you. I know a few people in their early 20's who are more than perfectly capable of taking care of a child and providing for that child.

This.

I became pregnant at 19 and it was the best decision i ever made. I get plenty of sleep, my baby has everything he needs, gets plenty of love, i do not abandon him to go with friends or go to parties, I was engaged to my boyfriend before I was even pregnant, our relationship is stronger than ever, and it's really up to people to make their own decisions without being condemned for it. I was called stupid, and sometimes got judgmental looks, and it was very hurtful. I lost some friends over it. There are worst moms at 30 than some that are at 20.

and I know i'm a damn good mother and no judgmental, ugly look, will ever take that away. If they want to think that, then more power to them.

However, I understand completely MOST young mothers don't know shit what they're doing, and unfortunately I fall under the young mother age group that will be looked down up on. I am 20 by the way.

PatchIsaNarwhal

PatchIsaNarwhal

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
I was more getting at people who are under 18.... that haven't left high school yet...

I agree that some young moms Such as Espoir are very good at looking after their children. But you have to think about the other side of it. The neglectful parents ect...

Insane Pie

Insane Pie

Four String Samurai

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts
Most of the girls who get pregnant under the age of 18 is unplanned.

thenonemowhowantedtobelove

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

The human race is no where near extinction.

There's what? over 7 billion people in the world and counting.

Anyone who has children under 20 is just stupid .-.
I mean in the 90's and before that it was okay it wasn't looked upon as something stupid.

But now just bleh! it's considered a extremely stupid act. Which it is.

But you guys all have your opinions and i have mine.

The point is there in a tough position and have chosen to have children because of personal belief or circumstances, Dispite the problems they know they are going to have. They should not be crucified for it! Not to be taken out of context!

.Aneraxium.

.Aneraxium.

Peace, Love & Serenity

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,038 posts

Hey guys and girls of AN,

I haven't posted in a while ha.

But Im writing this today to start a discussion about Pregnancy under the age of 20, Personally i think that it will ruin your life... It will prevent you from going to school and getting the adequate amount of sleep needed for a teenager, Stop you from spending time with your friends or going out, There is the chance of being bullied. And what if the guy who knocked you up in the first place leaves?

I know about seven young moms (got pregnant between 15-17) and all of them have graduated one time and even without a kid teens don't get adequate sleep so that null and void. Teen moms can all go out with their friends, why woi=uld they not? They just bring their child along and keep it appropriate. Just being a teenager there is a chance of being bullied, yeah being pregnant may increase that risk but they learn to work through it. If the guy leaves? Then he's missing on the little miracle you're having and yes you may struggle more. Even if you were forty there would still be a chance of the guy bailing and you'd probably struggle.

I was more getting at people who are under 18.... that haven't left high school yet...

I agree that some young moms Such as Espoir are very good at looking after their children. But you have to think about the other side of it. The neglectful parents ect...

That doesn't sum up the whole of young parents and that seems to be the main focus on why you're against them. It doesn't matter what age someone has their kid there are neglectful parents at any age. Even if they had you late in life they could still be neglectful etc. It is not just young parents that are neglectful.

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

I know about seven young moms (got pregnant between 15-17) and all of them have graduated one time and even without a kid teens don't get adequate sleep so that null and void. Teen moms can all go out with their friends, why woi=uld they not? They just bring their child along and keep it appropriate. Just being a teenager there is a chance of being bullied, yeah being pregnant may increase that risk but they learn to work through it. If the guy leaves? Then he's missing on the little miracle you're having and yes you may struggle more. Even if you were forty there would still be a chance of the guy bailing and you'd probably struggle.

That doesn't sum up the whole of young parents and that seems to be the main focus on why you're against them. It doesn't matter what age someone has their kid there are neglectful parents at any age. Even if they had you late in life they could still be neglectful etc. It is not just young parents that are neglectful.

Parents who leave the Relationship just to get away from there kids are scum! and/or abandon there kids.
and i'm not talking about those who just break up and happen to have kids they,
Have Clearly broken up over something...
Just tell me who you are scum buckets! Cause im not your friend on here who ever you are cause your a fucking chicken! and i know someone will be reading this knowing im talking about them!
Watch the man in the video go from a boy to a real man!/a father.
Caution this song has a sad start :sad:
But a good ending because the best was yet to come :)

Pfft adoption? WTF was this guy thinking? That is a horrible thought to go through his head!

(only found about this song by accident thanks .Aneraxium. its a good song)

Crispin

Crispin

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,282 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band _

Parents who leave the Relationship just to get away from there kids are scum! and/or abandon there kids.

and i'm not talking about those who just break up and happen to have kids they,
Have Clearly broken up over something...
Just tell me who you are scum buckets! Cause im not your friend on here who ever you are cause your a fucking chicken! and i know someone will be reading this knowing im talking about them!

I wish you'd stop posting. 

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

I wish you'd stop posting. 

Oh don't worry the feeling is mutual :D

You don't like me because I say it like it is!

Crispin

Crispin

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,282 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band _

I don't even know you, so I can barely like or even dislike you.

Your posts are annoying, nonsensical and idiotic, ergo, you should quit whilst you're ahead. Just telling you how it is, ;)

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

I don't even know you, so I can barely like or even dislike you.

Your posts are annoying, nonsensical and idiotic, ergo, you should quit whilst you're ahead. Just telling you how it is, ;)

My posts Come stright from the heart!

Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie

First class fuck up.

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -

My posts Come stright from the heart!

Your heart hasn't had much education in grammar or argumenting.

Lightning.

Lightning.

Zap!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,058 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Snow Patrol
  • Fav Song The Lightning Strike

Oh don't worry the feeling is mutual :D
You don't like me because I say it like it is!

No, nobody likes you because you're a twat.

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Like I give a shit what you people say when im standing up for kids!

When you have a kid that becomes the most important part of your life!

They come before even you!

Mothers and fathers Know exactly what i'm talking About.

Parents who leave the Relationship JUST to get away from there own kids are scum! SUCK UP THE TRUTH MOTHERFUCKERS!

Don't like me? ban me then... Others will Quit in Protest I promise you that!

Lightning.

Lightning.

Zap!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,058 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Snow Patrol
Really? I'd love to see that.

Also
People leave relationships for more complicated reasons than the kid is annoying them. Some people leave because they don't get along with the other parent. Some people just don't want to be involved. What business is it of yours to judge other people?

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Really? I'd love to see that.

Also
People leave relationships for more complicated reasons than the kid is annoying them. Some people leave because they don't get along with the other parent. Some people just don't want to be involved. What business is it of yours to judge other people?

I know that, CAN YOU READ?

I was talking about the ones who leave the relationship for Specifically that reason!

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

"and i'm not talking about those who just break up and happen to have kids"

And im talking about there OWN kids the ones with half there DNA. Incase you start with going completly away from what i said.

Lightning.

Lightning.

Zap!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,058 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Snow Patrol
Fuck sake, nothing is so black and white. Get a grip and realise not everyone is a cunt like yourself.
So what if they break up. It isn't saying that the parent isn't going to contribute to their life, and if they don't isn't the child better off without them?
Stop trying to force your idiotic opinions on the rest of us. Not everyone here wants to read the shit you post.

Chip

Chip

Potato Chips Are Friends, Not Food

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Virginia
  • Fav Band .

My friend is 21 and she's pregnant. She was worried about it at first but two weeks ago she found out that she's having a little girl and she's so excited, I'm excited for her too. It wouldn't be my choice to have a baby now and I'm a year older than her.

If a person is grown up enough to have sex, then they should be grown up enough to handle the consequences of it.

That^

But also, some  people are more mature than their peers and make the choices they want in life. If they want a kid, let them learn from their mistakes. Sidenote, there are certain schools, in America at least, that are designed specifically for pregnant teens and with online schooling and institutions, a baby won't ruin that much up quite as it could a few years ago.

SafeZoneXo

SafeZoneXo

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

i know a few teen parents and two of whom i went through two years of schooling with. they are amazing parents. one followed in her sister's footsteps so to speak ( thats another story) these two decided to dropped out of school and do cert courses or are working full time. 

one of my good Guy friends ( Childhood Friend), got his girlfriend at the time Pregnant and was with her all through the Pregnancy and she decided that she didn't want to keep and look after  the baby, so he tried to convince her, but no luck, so he just had to step back because she wouldn't let him keep and look after the baby.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users