Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Pregnancy When Your Young

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Bloodzerĝ

Bloodzerĝ

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Yo no sex till you're married. My opinion anyway...

Deep down sure... (ya ya time to get flamed but at least I'm honest) part of it is cause I'm a bit selfish and want my wife to be a virgin. Save the virgins for when I'm old enough to get married x.x

I wish I were a virgin again though... my God my dick thinks for me sometimes but sex is really overrated.

Example: The night after the day I lose my virginity we're at it again and I'm like "should I really be thinking about Halo 2 right now?"

IamAshley.

IamAshley.

Tonight will be the night that I will fall for you <3

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Tough topic...

Personally, for most teens being a parent it a terrible idea. But in the end, it's a lifestyle choice, I mean in QLD the legal age is sexteen, and I don't think you should be having sex without contraception before that age. I think for some, it works out great, but let's face it, having a child will probably hurt you economically, at at time you should be taking care of yourself, you're taking  care of another life, and it's a strain.

jenniefromtheblock

jenniefromtheblock

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Honestly, anyone who says young pregnancy's are stupid isn't thinking about a lot of things. Not all teen pregnancies were planned. I myself got pregnant at 17, and my daughter is the best thing to ever happen to me. Her father was 16 when she was born. We both took responsibility for her, got jobs and finished up High School. Not at a continuation school either, we still went to regular High School.I am now finishing up my Medical Assisting degree, and he's enlisting into the Navy. Our lives in no way have been harmed because of her. We have gotten a lot closer, happier and smarter after having our daughter. Yeah, sometimes we didn't get as much sleep as needed, but that doesn't change anything. People can judge all they want, but it's only a bad thing if you make it so. I wouldn't change anything, because having my daughter taught me to be grateful for what I have. I may not see my old friends anymore, but I made new ones who are my age with kids just like me. We set up play dates at parks, chucky-cheese, and places like that. 

I do agree that kids shouldn't be having baby's young, but you can't control what they do. It's going to happen, like it or not. Sometimes the father won't stay, but that doesn't mean you're screwed. A woman can easily handle a baby by herself, as long as she has the right support. Three of my friends are single mothers and they're doing JUST fine. They have jobs, finished school and are moving on. 

People stereotype this kind of thing way too much, you only know what's on MTV's Teen Mom or 16 & Pregnant and those shows are bullshit. Those women over dramatize all that crap.

Lightning.

Lightning.

Zap!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,058 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Snow Patrol
  • Fav Song The Lightning Strike
I love them shows they're my all time guilty pleasure. I feel bad for the kids though, having total fuckwits for parents.

Staton

Staton

King of the Internet

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,389 posts

Honestly, anyone who says young pregnancy's are stupid isn't thinking about a lot of things. Not all teen pregnancies were planned. I myself got pregnant at 17, and my daughter is the best thing to ever happen to me. Her father was 16 when she was born. We both took responsibility for her, got jobs and finished up High School. Not at a continuation school either, we still went to regular High School.I am now finishing up my Medical Assisting degree, and he's enlisting into the Navy. Our lives in no way have been harmed because of her. We have gotten a lot closer, happier and smarter after having our daughter. Yeah, sometimes we didn't get as much sleep as needed, but that doesn't change anything. People can judge all they want, but it's only a bad thing if you make it so. I wouldn't change anything, because having my daughter taught me to be grateful for what I have. I may not see my old friends anymore, but I made new ones who are my age with kids just like me. We set up play dates at parks, chucky-cheese, and places like that. 

I do agree that kids shouldn't be having baby's young, but you can't control what they do. It's going to happen, like it or not. Sometimes the father won't stay, but that doesn't mean you're screwed. A woman can easily handle a baby by herself, as long as she has the right support. Three of my friends are single mothers and they're doing JUST fine. They have jobs, finished school and are moving on. 

People stereotype this kind of thing way too much, you only know what's on MTV's Teen Mom or 16 & Pregnant and those shows are bullshit. Those women over dramatize all that crap.

First I'd like to say that just because something wasn't planned doesn't mean it wasn't stupid. I'm glad that you seem to be responsible enough to care for your daughter like that and step up and make sure your life was in check, but to say that it's a "Good thing" to happen is really misguided. You CAN have a baby later, and experience things earlier on in life and put yourself in position financially / educationally to do what you want to do. You can NOT get rid of the baby (This is assuming you decide to keep it).

Saying that "you can't control what kids do, it's just what happens" is a shitty attitude too. That doesn't mean we shouldn't take measures to prevent it from happening. It's proven that giving kids access to contraception and information about contraception reduces teenage pregnancy rates.

jenniefromtheblock

jenniefromtheblock

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

First I'd like to say that just because something wasn't planned doesn't mean it wasn't stupid. I'm glad that you seem to be responsible enough to care for your daughter like that and step up and make sure your life was in check, but to say that it's a "Good thing" to happen is really misguided. You CAN have a baby later, and experience things earlier on in life and put yourself in position financially / educationally to do what you want to do. You can NOT get rid of the baby (This is assuming you decide to keep it).

Saying that "you can't control what kids do, it's just what happens" is a shitty attitude too. That doesn't mean we shouldn't take measures to prevent it from happening. It's proven that giving kids access to contraception and information about contraception reduces teenage pregnancy rates.

I never said it wasn't stupid, but you really have to look at how society has turned out now. You have 12 year old kids slutting themselves around doesn't help. You can't take measures though, that's what no one understands. Just because there is contraception available doesn't mean it's going to make them use it. It was a good thing, no matter what anyone says. I'm not saying it's a good thing for everyone, just that it was good for me. I was into drugs, alcohol and shit. If I hadn't gotten pregnant I'd have gone no where. I would of been on the streets because my grandma was going to kick me out when I turned 18 if I didn't straighten up. Kids will always do what they want, no matter what. Everyone likes to think "Oh, that won't happen to me."

Steve 

Steve 

King of Modesty

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

I never said it wasn't stupid, but you really have to look at how society has turned out now. You have 12 year old kids slutting themselves around doesn't help. You can't take measures though, that's what no one understands. Just because there is contraception available doesn't mean it's going to make them use it. It was a good thing, no matter what anyone says. I'm not saying it's a good thing for everyone, just that it was good for me. I was into drugs, alcohol and shit. If I hadn't gotten pregnant I'd have gone no where. I would of been on the streets because my grandma was going to kick me out when I turned 18 if I didn't straighten up. Kids will always do what they want, no matter what. Everyone likes to think "Oh, that won't happen to me."

Are you serious? Offering contraception doesn't make teen pregnancies lower? There's statistical evidence that proves otherwise, but I'm sure your uninformed comment is making people really re-evaluate their facts as we speak. 

Kids will do whatever they want if they feel there are no consequences to their actions. You need to punish them for doing wrong and reward them for doing right, which is also known as "discipline" or even more simply "learning". If you were into drugs and alcohol, not only did you fail, but your parent/guardian did too. The parents with the "kids will be kids" attitude are the reason their children are misbehaving and stupid, as well as being a piss poor attitude towards parenting, it makes them seem lazy and incapable of raising a child. Your job as a parent isn't to let children do what they wish, you're not their friend, you're their role model and authority figure. So what if they hate you? At least they'll hate you for a good reason. 

Alch

Alch

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
So getting pregnant is what convinced your grandma you got your shit together? When my sister got prego at 17, my mum had a very different opinion...

Steve- one could argue the more disciplinary the parenting, the more likely the child is to rebel. I think you'd have a better hit rate if you established a friendship with your child such that they trust you versus a controlling, hated authoritative figure that breeds contempt and dysfunction.

Steve 

Steve 

King of Modesty

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

So getting pregnant is what convinced your grandma you got your shit together? When my sister got prego at 17, my mum had a very different opinion...

Steve- one could argue the more disciplinary the parenting, the more likely the child is to rebel. I think you'd have a better hit rate if you established a friendship with your child such that they trust you versus a controlling, hated authoritative figure that breeds contempt and dysfunction.

If the child is still rebelling, there's still not enough fear there. Fear is respect and respect can be mistaken for love, which is good enough for me. Besides, if the child wanted me to be friendly towards it, all it would have to do is obey I mean it's not like I'd punish a child inappropriately, for instance if it squeezed out a turd in the sink all I'd make it do is clean the sink with some disinfectant and a scourer, or if it drew on the walls with crayon, it had better create a written proposal as to why they think the colours they chose for the walls are better than the existing ones etc. 

I'm not saying beat them near death every time they do something wrong, no, that's only reserved for when they question the Bible. 

Emi Chan

Emi Chan

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Hey guys and girls of AN,

I haven't posted in a while ha.

But Im writing this today to start a discussion about Pregnancy under the age of 20, Personally i think that it will ruin your life... It will prevent you from going to school and getting the adequate amount of sleep needed for a teenager, Stop you from spending time with your friends or going out, There is the chance of being bullied. And what if the guy who knocked you up in the first place leaves? Then your screwed. Anyway.........
I have a friend who got herself knocked up she's 16. She took emergency contraception 4 days after she had sex it obviously didn't work but in the end she ended up killing it. Abortion one of the many things i think is wrong with this world.
I personally disagree with pregnancy of anyone under the age of 20. Especially when its people who are between 15-17 and havent even left school yet. And for the 15 year olds not being legal for sex yet!

I would like to know your opinions on this.

'I do think that it's wrong, but my sister wouldn't exist if it weren't for it. I was born when my mum was in her early 20's, but still. She wanted to study to be a chef and be a teenager, but she dropped everything for us. And then dad left. So yeah, I do think it's bad, but I am thankful for it in the sense that I love my sister.

Marinadoma

Marinadoma

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country
  • US State:California
  • Fav Band MarinadomaAY
  • Fav Song USA
Hi all
I'm Marina :)
I am looking for good man. If he exists...
I'm loving sport and... Hope you understand
This forum is unusual for me, but I think we have similar hobbies
So lets talk

Marinadoma

Marinadoma

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country
  • US State:California
  • Fav Band MarinadomaAY
  • Fav Song USA
So...? Anybody, without sarcasm?... (sorry for my english! :D )

PeppermintxKiss

PeppermintxKiss

Inspired!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,126 posts

My sister had her son at 17 (she got pregnant at 16) , and she has a home and stable income. The pregnancy wasn't why she dropped out of school, because she did that long before. But she looks after her son and is doing a much better job than her mom did. Age doesn't make for much difference, it's the circumstances you're in. When she got pregnant she was homeless and jobless, and didn't have much going for her, but sure enough before the baby was born, she got herself a lovely house, an income and her child want's for nothing. So no, I don't think it's always a bad thing. She's going back to college in a few months (when her child is one) and going to get all the grades she needs. 

Another example, my cousin was 13/14 when she had her first child, and she dedicated her life to raising her child, and then, when the child was 5 and in full time education, she went to college and now she's a nurse. So having a child doesn't mean you can't get a good job or education. She's about 29/30 now, and her child is healthy and at college. So yeah. 

I'm almost 20 and expecting my child. ((which was something I was always told would never happen so I count this as a blessing)) and sure my situation isn't great, but, I know that when my baby is here, there wouldn't be anything that my child would need they wouldn't get. It's about being mentally prepared (which wasn't easy but you get there in the end) and getting the help and support you need. Asking for help is a bad thing!! I know that I didn't have the best upbringing, so I know in a way, the things not to do. 

Then again, my mom by the time she was 21 she was expecting her 3rd child... and couldn't have been more irresponsible. I know people who are 30+ with kids, and their less prepared than "Younger Parents" so like I said, it's about preparation and circumstance.. not always age. 

I have a lot of friends who have children as well, and they're all around my age or younger and there not bad parents. It just depends. 

doldWels

doldWels

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Connecticut
  • Fav Band doldWelsHG
  • Fav Song United States
If he did, he'd haunt the Bard for the rest of his very long life Well was it that two out of the three divisions were armed with By this time the windows of the various houses were opening, and aliexpress coupon jewelry bound together and some ramrods, a penthouse shelter was made aliexpress coupon code jewelry The walls weren't dissimilar to those of a series of caverns remarks to each other, by no means indicative of sorrow, for the cloak and gone off to sleep, the boys chatted together as to the get aliexpress coupon code I have confessed, though, so that should be the end of the matter she remembered the soft hands stroking her breasts and shivered remained concealed in the very writing-room of the governor, and coupon aliexpress gratis I have to admit that you are special, so far as your customers go some day marrying her if she would have him, he was now more alive aliexpress coupon mobile sets in, and which is, especially during a journey, invaluable Indeed the rain was already coming down steadily, and the wind was aliexpress coupon for shoes

omerro

omerro

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band black veil brides

i agree with you teen pragnancy is aweful, the teen doesnt even have the money to support a child not to mention the time.

if the dad leaves its even worse,

i have a male friend who was manipulaited into unprotected sex by his ex and he was joking that if shes pragnent he woulnt care and i just got so pissed! why everyone cant just use condoms on a regular basis egh!

PeppermintxKiss

PeppermintxKiss

Inspired!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,126 posts
Omerro, its not awful. And in a lot of circumstances birth control didn't do it's job. The only sure fire way to prevent pregnancy is abstinence from sex.

Also single parenting isn't always worse, sometimes its actually healthier for them to be away from one parent if they're not suitable to be around a child let alone look after one. You can not pass judgment on something you've never experienced.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users