Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Rellik Reviews - Twilight Breaking Dawn 2

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Rellik San

Rellik San

Adorably Bitter And Angry Cabbit!

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts
Here it is;

Part 1

Part 2

DarkParadise

DarkParadise

Come on baby show me what that loaded gun is for?

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
It is not bad. You need more energy though when your discussing it let your loathing leak out, its just a boring, boring, very boring review. You need better music first off, a title sequence perhaps. More entertaining you need more enthusiasm in your reviews and energy maybe some sound effects like if its a 'flop' or its amazing. I just think you talk to low also you need to be louder I can hardly hear you *brits have such sexy accents though mm* anyways keep up whatever your doing but it was a bit dull to be honest.

Rellik San

Rellik San

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts

It is not bad. You need more energy though when your discussing it let your loathing leak out, its just a boring, boring, very boring review. You need better music first off, a title sequence perhaps. More entertaining you need more enthusiasm in your reviews and energy maybe some sound effects like if its a 'flop' or its amazing. I just think you talk to low also you need to be louder I can hardly hear you *brits have such sexy accents though mm* anyways keep up whatever your doing but it was a bit dull to be honest.

That's the point though, there was nothing there to make me angry, it was just a very boring film and it's hard to get excited about boring.

Crispin

Crispin

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,282 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band _
You spent 24 minutes on a review, which is too long, bores the audience and you need to make it succinct and to the point. A film review, in video form, shouldn't breach the five minute mark, and for a stretch, even ten minutes.

Also, if you're attempting to be amusing in your opening sequence, or play up something, you need to be more clear and vocal. I can barely hear and you need to dramatise it more.

Rellik San

Rellik San

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts

You spent 24 minutes on a review, which is too long, bores the audience and you need to make it succinct and to the point. A film review, in video form, shouldn't breach the five minute mark, and for a stretch, even ten minutes.

Also, if you're attempting to be amusing in your opening sequence, or play up something, you need to be more clear and vocal. I can barely hear and you need to dramatise it more.

Who's reviews have you been watching?

The average review for a movie online is about 25 minutes, Bob Chipman not withstanding, Doug Walker, Noah Antweiler, Brad Jones and Mathew Buck all run at around that length and operate on the same talking head, discussing plot points as they come up style. In fact Noah Antweilers review of this movie was over 3 hours long, longer than the actual movie.

That said, it's a stylistic choice and we both already know we're gonna disagree on this. Some like it, some don't but it's the professional standard I aim to match upto.
I am aware of the audio sucking, but that's a trial and error process at the moment which I am trying to resolve... tell a lie I know how to resolve it, but I can't at the moment.

Crispin

Crispin

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,282 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band _
I shouldn't have offered my opinion.

Rellik San

Rellik San

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts
Not at all, your feedback on my performance and letting me know just how pronounced the audio issues are is useful to me.

I was just explaining about how for a web review, particular a non-scripted free form one, this isn't really all that long.

Chip

Chip

Potato Chips Are Friends, Not Food

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Virginia
  • Fav Band .
PRINGLES!!!

Rellik San

Rellik San

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts

I can see Lavinia's point Rellik - for the kind of audience, a more punchy, shorter video might get more interest. I also think the not crazy expressions and tone of voice thing though is just how you talk. It would be kinda difficult to change that for the purposes of a review - though I'd love to see how other people would do one themselves. :)

I was thinking myself that in hindsight it might be worth creating a character to do short 5 minute comedy reviews and then do my real more indepth review below it, that way everyone wins.

EspoirTheMage

EspoirTheMage

EC's Welcome Wagon

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,140 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band -x-
  • Fav Song Fields of gold-Sting

I was thinking myself that in hindsight it might be worth creating a character to do short 5 minute comedy reviews and then do my real more indepth review below it, that way everyone wins.

do it.

Rellik San

Rellik San

• Sub Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,625 posts

I'm thinking something puppety too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users