Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Reasons Why You Start Crying

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Staton

Staton

King of the Internet

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,389 posts

I shed a single tear because of how pathetic this is.

Iceman.

Iceman.

Nigrescent Black Hole

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,274 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Anberlin

I cry because CJ won't love me back :(

Smashing!

Smashing!

I am Melon LORD!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Cause onions are a b*tch to cut.

Not much of a cry-er. Don't really judge others if they do, most pretty are pretty emotionally soft.

justme03

justme03

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Kansas
  • Fav Band three days grace
  • Fav Song pain three days grace

i cry every day almost and the reason being my family are a bunch of backwards imbread hillbillies who have there heads so far up there own asses that shit comes out of there mouth more often than hot air does they talk about homosextuals and people of different nationallities without even giving a second thought about how anyone else feals even though they have a lesbian for a daughter, and did I mention that they are a bunch of religiose nuts

screamo king 14

screamo king 14

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Nothing cuz i have no tears left....

Steve 

Steve 

King of Modesty

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Nothing cuz i have no tears left....

Well with functioning tear ducts, I'm sure you can create some more m8

andypandy

andypandy

Whimpering Thundercloud

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Jimmy Eat World

I cry when me and my girlfriend argue and she says those heat of the moment things like "I never loved you anyway!" or whatever :P

I sometimes feel like I need to cry randomly but can't! hate that. It makes you feel so frustrated

Eyeslikefire.

Eyeslikefire.

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!
I haven't cried in years, got nothing to cry about I suppose. I don't really judge others who cry, unless Its really pathetic reason. Seeing girls cry makes me feel sad and make me want to help.. even if they're complete strangers. Haha.

Chip

Chip

Potato Chips Are Friends, Not Food

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Virginia
  • Fav Band .

This is months old, but oh well.

How often do you cry? Do you remember the last time you cried?

I actually used to utterly despise my crying. I looked at crying as a form of weakness within myself. But I urged others to cry. It was odd. I hadn't really cried since my cousins funeral back in December of 2011, but the past few months I've been having frequent anxiety attacks and paranoia episodes and those bring me to sobs. Yesterday.
What are the main reasons why you start shedding tears? Do you shed them easily?

Anxiety and paranoid filled moments bring me to tears. No, I still have that tears=weakness mantra running through my head.
Are you loud or silent when you cry (when alone, or with people)?

Silent
If you're in a public situation and you feel like you're about to cry, do you let it out, or can you hold it in?

I hold it in. No one but my sister is allowed to see me cry, and I have to be in a REALLY bad mood for her to.
Do you prefer crying with someone, or in the comfort of something else?
No
If you're female, how do you react when a guy cries? What do you do?

I'm not good when anyone cries. I'm the friend that awkwardly pats your back is you weep. Men, in my mind, don't usually cry. I think I've seen my dad cry once.
Do you think it's less manly, less 'attractive'?
Eh. Not if it's for reasons I can deem appropriate to cry for. Your mom is in the hospital, I'm here. Your dream car has been discontinued, grow up, bro.

LostinThought

LostinThought

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band The Spill Canvas
  • Fav Song The Tide

Last time I cried? probably 2 weeks ago, i remember why... 
its just that feeling of everything caving in isn't it.
Like you managed to build this intricate line of deceit to make yourself think that you're ok.
and then it just collapses in one go.
all of a sudden..its the fallout that hurts the most.

Staton

Staton

King of the Internet

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,389 posts

3deep5me

Steve 

Steve 

King of Modesty

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,680 posts

Last time I cried? probably 2 weeks ago, i remember why... 
its just that feeling of everything caving in isn't it.
Like you managed to build this intricate line of deceit to make yourself think that you're ok.
and then it just collapses in one go.
all of a sudden..its the fallout that hurts the most.

I know the feeling unfortunehateley. That feeling as if the moon is waxing to nothing, the pit you dug yourself has finally consumed all you're hope, the torrent of pain and misunderstanding twists you away into the black hole of dispear. 

Dammit_Bitch

Dammit_Bitch

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Not at all that often. It was just the other day..It was horrible. 
What are the main reasons why you start shedding tears? Do you shed them easily?

When I'm mad sometimes ill start crying but i won't let anyone see them. It depends on what mood I'm in. 

Mostly, I'm silent. but I try really hard not to cry in front of people.
If you're in a public situation and you feel like you're about to cry, do you let it out, or can you hold it in?

I hold it in as best as i can or i hide my face and fight the tears like crazy. 
I prefer to not cry infront of anyone, but i don't mind if i cry while listening to music. 

If I know them well enough, I would hug them and say it's gonna be okay.. If I don't know them i would kinda just stand there all awkardly and stuff. 
It's not necessarily less manly. it's not really less attractive either. But, some people are kinda ugly when they cry.. just saying.  

M4dR1L3y

M4dR1L3y

unknown Calamity

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Oklahoma
  • Fav Band Right Place Right Time
  • Fav Song The Dairy by Hollywood Undead

Not often at all.

When I cry it's because I'm pissed, sad, and more often because I'm frustrated.

I'm quiet because I don't wan people to know I'm crying. I hate being accused of looking for pity, so I don't cry loud at all.

I can hold it in really good. I've only ever cried once in public and it was silent tears that no one noticed.

When I'm crying, if I'm with a really close friend, I want to be hugged. Hugging makes me feel loved and so I'll feel better faster.

I'm surprised. I've only ever seen one guy cry, and it was my dad. But then I hug them.

No. It just means that they have feelings too.

Navou

Navou

Spiraling Tempest

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Not very often but when I do it's on private or in bed and unless you are drunk I think everyone remembers those moments where they cry.

No, I don't shed tears easily. My reasons for crying is either having a breakdown because certain people are shouting harsh comments or phrases at me that touch on really personal, private issues but in general I have been scolded long enough and hard enough to become quite tough. Someone could call me a fat bitch to my face and tell me to die and I wouldn't get upset about it. Another common reason is when I have care about someone and they either hurt me or the thought of something bad happening to them keeps swirling around in my head. Oh and I am the only one who cries when I see other people crying about issues you can relate to...no? Okay that just makes me weird.

Most of the time silent but there have been a few occasions where something bad has realy happened and I lose control of myself >.>

Hold it in bro, hold it in.

Preferably by myself but sometimes it's good to have someone around though the problem with that is they say something even if they don't know what. Generally when I cry the last thing I want is someone to tell me things will be okay and that they understand, it's infuriating aha and I would prefer it if they just listened to my problem first...ALL OF IT... before commenting.  

Not a lot of guys have cried around me before and it really depends if they are a friend of not. I tend to just ask and leave them alone if they' sniffling however if they're letting it all out that's a different story, especially if they're a mate aha. I tend to listen and let them let it all out before saying something even if it doesn't really work for them because it's something I kind of believe in. Aha I've found that out in the past but every guy is different, you get the ones that you have a good chat with and the ones who want to be left alone.

Not at all, if a man is capable of crying in front of people I personally see that more as a strength thing then a weakness. The whole "It's not manly for a man to cry" stereotype or social expectation is a load of horse poo. 

PS. I think I made a few grammar mistakes.

colt129

colt129

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Woodkid
  • Fav Song Eminem - Criminal

8 years ago when my father was shot twice in the abdomen in an alleyway... with me as an eyewitness. Yeah, that's right, batman style.

It's very very very very hard to make me show the slightest bit of emotion. I've been wronged more than you could think, but these days I've been able to develop myself to be very intra-sadistic, and rather enjoy my own pain. It's quite nice, but every one of my psychologists says it's extremely unhealthy. 

When I once thought crying was something that could help me, let alone affect me, I did it silently. Silence is like a second nature to me.

I've always held it in, I believe all emotions, even depression, have value, so I like to hold onto them, and use them for my own benefit. (The only exception is love, as it's quite an ignorant stupid thing)

I prefer not crying at all. I prefer to be in the loneliest most distant state possible, to remind myself of the desolation in which I normally reside in.

I think it's downright destructive. Everything one does to develop themselves is undone by expressing emotions, especially the more extreme ones (Sadness, Anger, Love). Eventually your feelings will swallow you whole and take over your thoughts, destroying any ability to be rational. That's why Sociopath's exist. Hatred is the only good emotion to express, it helps to put you in the opposite direction, towards being emotionless, which is good, so express hatred alot.

Algernon

Algernon

Immer nach Hause

• forum re-designers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,554 posts

Oh, fuck off.

colt129

colt129

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Woodkid
  • Fav Song Eminem - Criminal

Oh, fuck off.

Way ahead of ya. Was having a rather bad night. My dad stole my grandma in laws wedding ring while she was asleep, she has brain cancer. I haven't been feeling so good recently. Ill stop. I'm sorry. I'm very sorry.

Innocence

Innocence

stuck in a daze

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,598 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band --------

Dude, stop excusing yourself for everything :lol:

Hazardous Waste

Hazardous Waste

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Well, I can't remember all of the specific questions, so... I think last time was when a relationship with a girl I was feeling really hopeful about didn't turn out. Sometimes I cry because I am lonely or depressed. In the past I have spent a lot of time crying. Mostly about relationships. I am very emotional, and I'm not afraid to admit it. I feel it's unfair for people to take a negative view of males crying. We are all human after all. We all have feelings. Why shouldn't we cry? We as a society have far too many hangups, I think. Crying is normal and natural. Sometimes it feels good to cry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users