Welcome to Emo Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bigender.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Chica

Chica

Screeeeeeeeeeeee~!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,306 posts
Earlier today I was going to make a topic about people who feel 'genderless', but deleted it all for fear that I would sound weird, or attention seek-y? But then I found out that bigender actually exists:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigender

A Bigender person is a person who feels that their gender is fully male and fully female, or any pair of genders, generally by switching between the two. For some people, the switch is between two very distinct genders, which some consider to be separate "facets" or "personas". For others, the switch is much more fluid, with more grey area.

Transitioning is a difficult idea for many bigenders. Because they have both a male and female gender, assuming they aren't intersexed, then when they're in the gender that matches their body they're as happy with their body as a Cisgender person, but when they're in the gender that doesn't match their body they feel the same dysphoria and need to transition that most Transgender people feel. It's not currently possible to create a body that changes from male to female at will, so it can be difficult for a bigender person to achieve a presentation or body that allows them to be comfortable in both genders. .

I haven't looked very far into it yet, but a couple of posts I read made by some bigender people remind me a lot of my own thoughts, thoughts I've had since I can remember, but thoughts that come and go in phases. Such as when I was younger, a couple of times I dressed as boy-ish as possible, and hoped strangers would mistake me for a boy. I even lied about my gender on the internet for a long time, and during that time became furious with the people around me in real life when they referred to me as 'her' or 'she'. Recently I've been going back into that 'phase', since my mum bought me a chest binding vest to help with crossplaying at anime conventions. I feel really comfortable when wearing it, and even used cosplay as an excuse to wear it out on two occasions. I don't WANT to take it off once I have it on.
I also remember that when I was younger and playing games with my friends, I would usually demand to play the male characters. I do the same thing with cosplay now. I'd rather be the guys. I refer to myself right now as 'female'. If someone calls me a girl/woman/lady, I get furious. I just hate it. And recently I've thought the only things tying me to being female is the fact that I want a baby, and I...like my breasts, despite enjoying being able to hide them. I also love wearing dresses, and having long hair...but even if I was a guy I wouldn't change that. <<<That's the part I thought people would find weird. XD

Also, as many of my posts on this site have made clear, I don't like gender roles. At all. I hate being expected to act a certain way because I'm female, and I believe nothing would change for me if I was male. I hate that guys 'can't' fight me back. I'm really competitive with them, and have always felt I NEED to prove my strength, especially to guys. I've never wanted to conform to just being a 'girl'.

I'm not going to go ahead and label myself because A) I haven't looked into it enough yet. and B ) Just going ahead and calling myself bigender when I have only just heard the word literally less than an hour ago seems kind of ignorant.
But, honestly, whether it's my stupid brain trying to label myself already, or maybe a feeling of relief, I haven't been able to stop shaking since I found out about it. -.-U I'm almost scared to bring this up to my mum tomorrow.

Any way...This topic isn't supposed to be about me.
Have you ever felt this way?
Have you even heard of this before?

Bimp

Bimp

2gr8ful2beh8ful

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Worlds End Girlfriend
Bigender sounds like shitty awesome Orson Scott Card slash fiction.

xXxXLupicideXxXx

xXxXLupicideXxXx

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band Too many to choose from

Bigenderism is actually being two genders, agenderism is being 'genderless'... They are two seperate things, but both fall into the category of genderqueer.

Emi Chan

Emi Chan

Tortured Rose

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Thanks for making this thread. I think I may be bigender .-. 

You see, I've always hated being a girl, and I like the idea of becoming a boy, but there are some things that I'd miss too much, like being able to wear dresses etc. I'm also bisexual... maybe this all links somehow ><

M4dR1L3y

M4dR1L3y

unknown Calamity

• Full Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,025 posts
  • Country
  • US State:Oklahoma
  • Fav Band Right Place Right Time
  • Fav Song The Dairy by Hollywood Undead
Well, I am bisexual, and when I was younger I hated being a girl. But now that Im older, I thoroughly enjoy being a girl. For a long time I thought I was messed up and that I was supposed to be a boy because I am attracted to girls, but then I realized its okay to be bi. Maybe that's a valid point; being bigender, gender less, and bisexual IS connected...

abate_hades

abate_hades

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

There's no shame in being bisexual. But if my parents ever found out they'd probably disown me.

nah

nah

nah

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,623 posts
  • Country
  • Fav Band you
  • Fav Song you

I'm fairly sure this topic isn't to do with Bisexuality and more to do with being Bigender which is entirely different (and I think it's similar, or is the same as Genderfluid?).

In any case this topic is very old now.

GenocideX

GenocideX

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Its completely normal I think to be feeling that way for one I KNOW how it feels like how to feel genderless, as when I was young I had this weird feeling about myself and stuff that I shouldnt be thinking about came into place I came out openly as a gay but i still liked girls, i got bullied alot in school. I went home everyday and whined about the suckfest ive had during school. So a real real long story short...I went on hormones five years ago then followed by a sex change. PM me if you wanna know my whole really long story.

~Im Bi and im proud.

victimofjudgement

victimofjudgement

Delicate Snowflake

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
*claps honorably* gotta luv a gender blender ^_^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users